Chapter 1
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luis was totally overwhelmed with the situation, but he took several long breaths and calmed down, then looked at his son lying on ground breathing heavily beside a pond of his puke.

 "Ryn, listen. The situation is really out of hand and I don't know what's going on. So I m going to check the inside. I want you to find a good place to hide...AND DON'T EVEN DARE TO GET OUT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! understand?" Luis's eyes were serious and his tone was domineering. Ryn didn't have any choice other than nodding weakly and getting up from the ground shaking trying to avert his eyes from the dead guards.

Luis looked one last time at his son with a complex feelings in his eyes, then he ran inside. Ryn kept looking at his father's silhouette disappearing inside the village then he went to some bushes a little far from the gates and hid himself while keeping a hole to look at the surroundings from. The time passed slowly and Ryn's nerves were on the brink of collapsing as he waited patiently for his father. Like that an hour passed but still nothing, not even one sound was made. Ryn was already agitated, his breathing was a mess and he knew very well that something gravely wrong is happening but he still kept hiding hoping that his father will get out safe and sound with his mother and all of this was just an accident. 'Dad, please be safe. What if something bad happened to him. What if it was a strong monster. No Ryn! Get a hold of yourself. Dad is very strong and he can solve this easily. I  have to wait patiently' Ryn thought nervously trying to calm himself.

Then slowly the time of wait passed the 3 hours mark. Ryn already started contemplating whether he should go in or not. After a long hesitation he decided to go in.

He sheathed his iron sword and slowly crept out of the bushes heading towards the gates. Reaching in front of the village, He entered slowly. "Wha-" his voice was stuck inside his mouth.

The main road was a huge mess of blood and parts of humans. Corpses were everywhere. Some corpses were decapitated, while others are limbless. Some corpses were also gutless and there insides were thrown everywhere, and because of the sun lights they started rotting slowly making the smell unbearable. This scene was just inhuman to say the least. Ever one he knew, the nice and friendly neighbours and villagers all met the same cruel fate.

This something that a full grown adult shouldn't see let alone a mere child like Ryn. He felt the urge to vomit again but his stomach was empty so he just sat there coughing furiously and panting heavily. He then started running with all his might screaming. "Hey!!! ANYONE, PLEASE IS THERE ANYONE ALIVE???! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!! DAD.... WHERE ARE YOU?!" He screamed with all his might hoping to find some one alive, anyone. But still the eerie sound of flame on the houses and the whistles of wind were the only thing that engulfed his hearing.

Ryn didn't know when tears started running down his cheeks with his eyes wide open turning left and right and mindlessly using magic to scan his surroundings. After running for minutes looking around, he finally heard a sound: it was familiar for him. "It's the sound of swords clashing!" He tried to follow the sound and he found himself on the other side of the village near his house. Running as fast as he could, while trying to not look at the dead people.. the sound got clearer and clearer and soon enough he saw the back of his father standing. 

His relieve didn't last long as he then discovered his condition. He was a bloody mess, his clothes were shredded to pieces and his bare body could be seen. Ryn didn't know how he was still standing on his feet. Cuts deep and shallow were covering his whole body with a big noticble slash on his back that went so deep his back bone can be seen clearly. "DAD!!!" Ryn couldn't stop the urge and yelled with all his might as he approached his father while crying. "Ry...n....didn't I....Tell...not to come." His voice was weak and barely hearable giving a clear evidence of his current state.

" Hoh. So that's your son Luis. He looks so cute. Hey there little guy nice to meet you." Suddenly another voice was heard. Ryn turned his head to the opposite side of Luis and there stood a man. He was tall towering over his father, close to 190 cm. He's body was not overly bulky but not skinny, looking muscular and sturdy. His face was also considerably feminin with a silky  white hair and docile vibe. all in all he was a beautiful man. He wore a light silver armour with a badge on the left side of the chest plate that looked like a cross with a  and a huge sword on his back.

The man was smilling warmly towards Ryn as he announced his presence but that smile gave the opposite feeling to Ryn, as his body was covered with blood. But from the state of the man that didn't have any injuries or even scratches he knew that the blood was not his. "Ryn... Run away... Now!" Luis tried shouting making him cough loudly and soon droplets of blood fell on the ground. Ryn  was not sane enough to hear his father's warnings and came close to Luis. 

When suddenly the man disappeared, yeah Run could swear he saw him dissapear then reappeared behind him. Before the little boy could even react he was grabbed by the neck and held up in the air. " Now, now there. We can't let you go to your daddy. Let's complete our introduction then. My name is Azeroth. Whats your name little guy?" His voice was carefree unbefitting the situation they were in. 

Ryn felt suffocated and couldn't breath properly, trying to resist and get himself out of this situation but the Azeroth's hands were not budging even slightly like a boulder. His resistance grew stronger as his lungs were emptied of air. "Let...me...go." he said between his greeted teeth. that smile still Hanging on Azeroth's face. 

"LET...MY SON....GO!!!" Behind Azeroth came Luis running while yelling and slashed horizontaly trying to free Ryn.

"Luis, you really don't learn huh. Attacking me from my blind spot won't work even if you try countless times." He stopped the attack with his huge sword after throwing Ryn to the side. The boy grasped for air desperately feeling like he ran from the deaths door by a hair margin. He then slowly got up and watched the desperate attacks his father tried, nothing was working. Azeroth was parrying effortlessly while Luis was growing weaker with the huge amount of blood he lost from his grave injuries.

Ryn knew very well how strong his father is. He was the strongest in the village, but looking at the fight, he was shocked at how weak his father was compared to the weird smilling man. Soon enough, his father lost balance and was thrown back on the ground with a swing of the huge sword. Ryn couldn't believe his eyes as he saw his father get one sidedly beaten to death.

"DAD! NOOOO!!" He ran to his father and tried to help him sit but his father was barely able to open his eyes. He looked at his son with eyes full of regret and sadness but he still tried to talk to him. "Ryn...you have to escape... I'm done for......go run away and don't look back.." but before he could completely voice his thoughts Azeroth spoke with carefree voice again. " What a shame, the hero of Ziortia and the man of legends who roamed the battlefields and dominated his enemies with a cold heartless gaze. The legendary 'battlefield demon'...the man that I looked up to became this weak trash that diess in his son's armes. Even your wife 'the archer princess' who said can hit with an accuracy of 100% couldn't even scratch my clothes. She died really fast you know " His voice turned colder along with his eyes to the end of his words. 

"You...you... Bastard!!!!." Ryn already lost all reasoning as he knew very well that his father is going to die and his mothe this already done for. He ran with his sword in his hands trying to do anything that can harm the man in anyway shape or form. He slashed, cutted and thrusted frantically but Azeroth dodged his slashes without even moving from his place. The smile already returned to his face. The attacks kept going on for who knows how long but still he couldn't even scratch him.

Ryn knew very well that he couldn't even touch him let alone cause any harm on him but he still tried everything as a desperate last move. His body couldn't last long with the intense movement. "You really are desperate huh... Fear not you're going to follow your lovely parents really soon." Azeroth pulled his bastard sword and kicked the little boy. Ryn fell on his back 15 meters away coughing loudly. The man slowly walked towards him and when he got close enough he lifted his sword and tried to cut his head off in one swift motion.

"Good bye little boy. You better blame your weak parents for this, not me." Not even losing his warm smile till the very end.

But something unexpected happened.

1