Chapter 3
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*3 days later*

In a green field in the eastern side of the village, stood Ryn In front of what seemed like graves, rows and rows of graves freshly digged after that fateful day. The howling of the wind was the only thing that can be heard, other than that there is only silence. His eyes were fixed on two particular graves with the name of his deceased parents on their tombstones. 

"I'm sorry." He could only whisper as the guilt and sadness engulfed his heart "I couldn't protect you..this is so frustrating, I hate it! I want power! Enough power so that I can make that bastard regret what he did. Please wait for me until I fulfill my goal and then I will comeback and accompany you: mom, dad." His speech was interrupted with tears a few times.

After a couple of minutes of thinking, he turned around and left. The village was eerily silent with no traces of human beings, only destroyed houses and lingering smell of blood. Reaching the gates of the town he found the old man waiting for him. 'This old man goes by the name of winston... just Winston' was the reply Ryn got after probing him for his identity. "Did you wish farewell to your home?" The boy didn't talk and only nodded. "Very well. Let's go ki-...no,Ryn" Winston corrected himself trying to adjust to the boy's name.

"Where are we going?" Asked Ryn with a puzzled face. "Be patient you will know soon." The old man turned around and clicked his fingers. A few seconds passed in complete silence, when a the roar of a monster echoed through the place "ROOOOOARRRRR!!"  and a huge body flew at an incredible speed approaching the two persons from the horizon. The monster looked like a lizard with a pair of huge wings on his back and rough Red skin covering his whole body that looked like a natural armour or maybe a tough exoskeleton, it's  teeth were razor sharp bulging out of his big mouth. "Is that a dragon?" Asked Ryn with a frightened eyes. "You're close enough, that's a Wyvern. It's a lesser species of dragons." Answered Winston.

The Wyvern slowly landed Infront of Winston who came towards it and patted it on the head. The creature purred seemingly enjoying his pats. " This Lizzie my loyal pet. She's a Crimson Wyvern who live in the south of the continent were weather is scorching hot. as it's the environment they need to live." Winston gave a short introduction to the boy who looked amazed at the majestic monster. "Let's hop on, Lizzie is going to take us to my home." The pair jumped on top of Lizzie and adjusted there sitting on its rough skin.it was uncomfortable but still acceptable.  slowly it started swinging it's huge wings up and down and soon enough started levitating from the ground. they flew high in the sky cutting the wind as they got farther and farther away from Ryn's hometown. He looked back one last time to engrave the picture in the deepest parts of his heart. 'Farewell'

_________________________________________

In a unknown dark room somewhere in the world, a man was sitting on a huge chair akin to a throne hiding his face behind the curtains of darkness looking down on a man. " Say Azeroth, was the mission successful?" His voice was deep and profound. Azeroth was shaking furiously with his head looking down  " I-I killed all the inhibitants. Bu-but...." His voice was shaky and full of stuttering. Anyone who saw his previous smile and demeanor would not believe this was the same person. "But what?" The man spoke with an impatient tone. "An old man appeared and protected the Heroes' son, I-I couldn't beat him and I could only retreat. His power was something I've never seen." Azeroth waited for the mysterious person to reply but the silence prolonged for minutes.

"So you failed to kill there descendant? What's the point of killing them when there own blood is still running in someone's veines? I wanted them to disappear from the face of the earth along with there traces. I think my orders were clear, weren't they?" A chilly killing intent pressured Azeroth and his body was totally freezed. He was totally paralyzed. The man continued "You should be aware of your position as one of the imperial knights. Failing missions will get you out of this position Azeroth. There is so many  contenders waiting to snatch it away." His domineering power added to his killing intent made Azeroth grasp for air, bids of sweat were rolling down his face profusely. "T-This insignificant one has betrayed your expectations. P-Please give me a another chance and I will definelty kill the boy." The man kept his concentrating his killing intent on Azeroth for a while but slowly withdrawed it making the white-haired man breath roughly grasping for air.

 "Get out." Two words were enough to make Azeroth run out of the room scared shitless. The mysterious person was the only one left. "An old man, huh? Very interesting", a sinister cold laugh escaped his mouth before falling silent again.

0