Chapter 4
39 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Over there, that's were you're going to stay. Welcome to your new home." Said Winston while pointing out in a particular direction. "Let me get this clear....you live.....in the dead centre of the red emerald..... forest?" Ryn was totally flabbergasted. Yes, the wyvern flew straight into this huge forest. "I've been living here in seclusion for over 30 years, living here is way more easier than dealing with people in the outside world."

The wyvern flew around in the air for a while than landed in front of a house. It looked out of the place surrounded with greenery from every direction. But nevertheless it looked like a simple house, What made it very eye-catching is the astronomical amount of mana oozing out of it. Even Ryn who was a total amateur and could barely feel magic could know that this amount of mana was not normal. "Go ahead and explore the house while I guide Lizzie to the stable. As for questions, I will explain later." The old man walked away somewhere with Lizzie and left Ryn alone. He looked at the house for some time before cautiously making his way to the front door.

The magic radiating from there didn't push him away. In fact, he could swear he felt it calling for him to come closer. 'Maybe this is some kind of barrier the old man put to protect this place or something?' he thought. Snapping out of his dazed state he found himself Infront of the wooden door. Looking at the handle he slowly rotated it and the door slowly opened. 

The interior was as simple. Wooden chairs and a table with a vase, there was a sofa pointing towards a chimney. Ryn slowly walked in looking left and right. He founded to stairs making a way for the second floor and also for the basement. He started exploring the house. Nothing was out of the norm, it was just a simple house with 5 rooms a bathroom and a kitchen. He threw himself on the sofa exhausted from the long journey.

'this weird, the house is just really normal with nothing special in particular. Where is this mana coming from? Ahhh, yeah there is still a place I didn't check out' instantly his gaze pointed towards the basement. "He said I can explore the house with no prohibitions so there no problem checking out everything, right?" He didn't know why but he hesitated on doing that. 

He then slowly got up from the sofa, and walked to the stairs leading to the basement. Looking down at the dark place: he saw a door. 

Ryn slowly cam run front of it and opened it. Inside there was nothing except for a red gem floating in the middle. It was the only source of light as it illuminated the room with its dark red colour. The gemstone the size of a grown hand was incredibly beautiful. "This is the source of that power, what is this?" He asked himself with an astonished look on his face.

"That's the red emerald." Answered a voice behind his back scaring him out. Winston was there. "T-the red emerald? I thought it was just a legend?" He couldn't believe the old man's words. "Well I don't know about that but it should be a sufficient evidence with that amount of mana  to know that this is not a normal stone, right?" Said Winston matter-of-factly. 

While having this conversation oblivious to the glowing gemstone, it started rotating, the action was slow at first but accelerated at a trumendous speed making the pair look back. The rotation was increasing second by second and with it the mana was increasing too. 

Winston was surprised as this never happened before while Ryn experienced even weirder phenomenon. His purple eyes started glowing, and he felt his body moving on its own towards the red emerald. He couldn't control his senses and cloud only watch his body move step by step. The old man couldn't figure out what is going on and tried to pull Ryn back. "Ryn get back over here, that is dangerous!" But Ryn didn't listen or maybe he couldn't listen. His mind was barely thinking and could only concentrate on the emerald.

His body stopped 15 cm away from it and slowly pulled his hands up to touch it. Instantly when his hands engulfed the red emerald, the rotating stopped and the glowing grew fainter and fainter. The gem was slowly getting absorbed inside of him.

Before long the stone was totally absorbed and it disappeared as if never existing. 

*SNAP* A cracking sound echoed in the room. "AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!?" A mind splitting pain invaded Ryn's body, he felt his bones cracking and his veined popping. *SNAP* *SNAP* *SNAP*. The cracking didn't stop and Ryn's creams got louder and louder with the torturous pain.

"Oi, Boy get a hold of yourself!" Winston run to the boy to check his condition. His body was glowing faintly and Dark red runes of some language appeared on his arms and face. "Aghhhhhhh! My.....body.....is...bowling hot." The little boy could only mutter these words with great difficulty. His body was releasing steam.

After minutes of the hellish pain and Ryn's cries who was on the verge of losing his mind, the cracking stoped and the runes slowly disappeared from his body. Finally, Ryn's screams halted and he lost consciousness. "His body absorbed that.... mana? What is going on? No human could possibly do that." Muttered Winston to himself  while looking at the sleeping boy with a worried look.

"I need to check him first." The old man lifted Run and hurriedly left the dark room.

1