Chapter 5
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Where...am I?" Waking up Ryn found himself in a dark place. He couldn't figure out left from right, hell he couldn't even feel his body properly and just sat there looking dazedly around. This state continued for minutes, hours, days..he didn't know.

Finally after an unknown amount of time something happened, just in front of him two big eyes with red pupils opened up and stared directly at him. These pair of eyes were breathtakingly beautiful, they had a mysterious charm that Ryn couldn't understand but he just couldn't avert his eyes from them. "Finally, a worthy human entered my domain." A sound echoed through the infinite space, the sound was booming and very deep but still carried a gentle tone of a woman. This weird contrast made the voice even more captivating. "Child...Do you want power? A power to make anyone bow in front of you....power that will help you punish those who wronged you, To make them suffer a fate worse then death?" The question was unexpected and out of place making Ryn widen his eyes for a moment but it still made the little boy fall into deep thought. 'Power? To punish? Yes, I need it...no , I want it.' he looked back at the eyes and the determination was filling his heart. " We shall assume you accepted. You resolved your determination, very well. But this being won't give you power for nothing as We have something we thrive for and we couldn't reach, we want you to fulfill our goal and our powers shall help you. But for now you still weak... So fragile that inheriting a drop of this beings power will only lead to your certain death. Grow stronger child and when the time comes you shall know everything."

"Wait, who are you? Why are you giving me your powers?" Ryn had so many questions unanswered but the 'being' ignored him and slowly faded with the background leaving Ryn alone. 

Then a very strong light appeared suddenly engulfing him.

_________________________________________

Opening his eyes again, Ryn found himself laying down on a bed. It was quite soft and comfy, and the pillow felt good on his head. Scanning his surroundings, he was in a room, the room was quite familiar as he saw this before. He searched his memory and quicky remembered. This is one of the rooms Ryn explored when he first came to Winston's house. The moonlight was coming from the window indicating the time. "Huh, what happened? My memory is really vague." He muttered to himself.

Waking up from bed, he left the room to search for the old man. "Oi, Winston." Coming downstairs Ryn found him sitting down in front of the chimney looking at the fire crackling. "Oh. You finally woke up. You took your time, didn't yo-?" Said Winston looking back at the boy before stoping mid-sentence. "Say Ryn, Am I going senile or did your eye colours change?" Said Winston with a confused voice. "My eye colours? What do you mean?" 

Figuring that explaining won't take them anywhere, he got up from the sofa and went to fetch a mirror. He soon came back and gave it to the little boy. "Here take a look." In the mirror he saw his features, his extremely beautiful face didn't change much, but his eyes....his eyes that were purple turned red, a clear crimson colour. "W-what happened? Why did it change." 

"I think it has some relation with the fact that you absorbed the red emerald." Said Winston trying to find a reason for the change. "I absorbed the red emerald? How?" 

"Give me a break, you don't remember? You literally touched the gem and it disappeared inside of you, and then you fell unconscious for two days and now you wake up and for some reason your eye colour changed? You're full of surprises, brat." Said Winston sarcastically.

"Anyway, thinking about it now is pointless. you're probably starving so let me make you something to eat." After this weird phenomenon he forget about his stomach that growled begging for food. 

Then Rym sat down on the table while Winston went to the Kitchen to make something for him. After dozens of minutes, the old man came back with a bowl of vegetables and meat soup. It looked really tasty and Ryn could only gulp his saliva. "Heheh, this my special dish. Try it out." Taking the spoon, Ryn said "thanks for the meal" and tasted it. Instantly, he spitted out everything from his mouth coughing loudly. "Are you trying to kill me old man? What is this?" He said while squeezing his neck.

"What a waste. You little brat, how dare you spit my amazingly delicious special dish." Said Winston angrily.

"It's so disgusting. The vegetables are rubbery and the meat is undercooked. There is basically no salt and it tastes like dirty water." Said Ryn describing the soup.

He then got up from his seat leaving the pouting Winston and went to the kitchen. He checked out for any useful ingredients and made a simple bowl of rice with a grilled fish, and some miso soup then came back to Winston and said "Here, taste this. Even though I'm 10 times younger than you I can at least make something edible."

Winston looked at the food presented to him. "I bet this will send me straight to my grave. " Said while tasting the food.

"W-what is this? Are you some royal chef? What the hell is this!? It's so delicious~" This was the first time Ryn saw the composed Winston scream in surprise. Then he took another bit and another and another. Soon the bowls were clean.

Ryn could only laugh at the old man and then took his plate and eated too. They chatted through the dinner about different topics. This was the first time since that 'event' that Ryn had genuine fun.

0