Chapter 6
39 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, are you going to tell me why do you have the red emerald in your house's basement?" There small talk turned serious with Ryn's question. Winston didn't seem perturbed and answered carefreely "long story short, when I came to this forest I stumbled apon it after running away from a monster....ehem, anyway for some reason creatures that live in these woods can't go near it so I thought 'why not build my house here and the emerald can work as a natural barrier." After the long explanation, Ryn fell into thought for some time then said "Wait, if the emerald repulsed the monsters from here.....then when it disappears.....what could happen?"

"Well of course it will....don't tell me." Both people looked at each other as the sudden idea struck there minds. 

Not waiting long, an insanely huge aura slowly approached there place along with a terrifying sound "ROARRRRRR!" 

"Old man! Did you put a barrier or something after that day?!" Said Ryn hurriedly.

"Of course I did it. It should be impossible for any monster passe it. Other then humans no one can break the barrier" Winston and Ryn got out of the house to check out the situation. They found a huge tiger standing approximately 100 meters away from them. It was huge, ten times bigger than a full grown adult, with white fur It's mouth was huge with two long fangs bulging out of it. The animal looked ready to jump any second to shred them to pieces. Looking closely at the monster, it was injured on several spots across it back and legs.

"This is bad, it's a Crystal tiger, an SS class monster and it's on a rampage too. These type of monsters usually move in pairs. There is someone or something that attacked it." Winston's explanation was meant for Ryn who never saw this creature before. 

"Its mate is not here, I can't feel it's presence. I need to cast the barrier again before the other one appears, or we're totally screwed." 

"What should I do?" Ryn knew that it won't be an easy thing and any help is needed.

"I need 10 minu-..no 5 minutes is enough, I want you lure it away from me so I can make it." Said Winston with serious face looking at the little boy beside him. Looking at the situation anyone will know instantly that this is extremely dangerous as Ryn is just a weak albeit talented child, so fighting that monster for 5 minutes will be nearly impossible.

But nevertheless, he didn't back down. 'screw that, I'm not going to die before I execute my revenge' his fear of death wasn't that strong as his life now is not that important to him.

He took a sword and said to Winston "you better hurry up old man because if I die I will hunt you for the rest of my life."

"You've got balls brat to joke right now. I will work as fast as possible. now go!" Then both of them ran in different directions. 'Am I wrong or is my body way lighter than before.' Ryn's speed was extremely fast and easy different then before, but he didn't have the leisure of thinking as the monster is right in front of him.

"Oooooooi little kitty! I'm here come and let's play! Come over here you furball." His screams of mockerie didn't go unnoticed as the Crystal Tiger looked at him menacingly with growl. Then charged in his direction with an inhuman speed.

Ryn thought that dodging that attack is near impossible, given the fact that it was really strong. But for some reason, his speed didn't seem that fast. In fact he could see the Tiger's movement in slow motion. 'why is it so slow? I thought the old man said it was an SS class monster'. He couldn't figure out the reason but still dodged the huge monster quite easily.

The monster couldn't believe that this puny human dodged it like that. Trying again with the same movements nothing changed and Ryn evaded it. And the game of cat and mouse began, The tiger would jump at the boy trying to catch him while Ryn would dodge him every single time, making the tiger smash into trees and stumble few times.

The monster lost its patience and couldn't accept that a kid could hurt it's pride as one of the strongest species that rule this forest. While Rulyn was just amazed at his powers ' I could swear that I feel my speed increased several folds and my eyes could see way more clearer and sharper. Could it be?' he couldn't continue his thoughts as the tiger started doing something different. The white fur that covered its body started changing, from looking silky smooth and quite fluffy to a spiky and sharp as a needles the tiger bended it's body and aimed the spiky crystals at the boy and instantly tens of spikes flew at lightning speed aimed towards the boy. 

"Shit." Ryn cursed as these spikes were way faster than the tiger itself, and while his eyes could follow it, his body couldn't cop with his eyes. He pulled his sword and tried protecting himself rather than dodging. His strength evolved so he was able to break most of them with a few swings of his sword while the others flew away or scratch it his clothes....no injuries taken.

But this was only the beginning as the second round was on the way seconds after the first one and Ryn could only destroy the crystals with his sword, but this time a spike was able to slice through his left arm. A stinging pain surged through his arm. Blood trickeled down his hands dropping in the ground. Ryn moaned slightly from the pain. 'I need to attack it, staying in defence will just put me in a huge disadvantage, there should be a weak point to this monster. But where?' trying to find away to attack it he noticed something. On the Tigers forehead exactly between his eyes a faint red light appeared and for some reason Ryn felt it inside of him, that he should attack that spot and his body moved on its own. 

The boy ran as fast as he could penetrating through the hundreds of spikes flying towards him. This reckless all out attack gave him several deep injuries in his thighs and arms while he reflected most of the other ones that aimed for his face and abdomen. But he didn't stop and continued his reckless run.

When he was close enough he jumped in the air and screamed with all his might "HAHHHHHH!!". The tiger took that chance and slashed with his palm. The attack was direct and Ryn couldn't possibly dodge that as he was in the air. 'I need something to stop his slash. Come on...... I'm so close!!!!!!' suddenly a red circle with weird runes and lines on it appeared In front of him for a split second and stopped the attack giving Ryn a chance.

" TAKE THIS YOU STUPID CAT!" And he struck his sword in its forehead. A painful scream echoed in the place and the tiger fell on the ground dead.

_______________________________________________________

I hope you're enjoying my story. If that's the case then please favourite it and add it to your reading list. Thank you!

0