Chapter 7
41 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Ryn's POV*

"Ugh" I moaned touching my injuries from the battle, then looked at the huge tiger laying dead in front of me. I couldn't believe that I was able to kill this 'thing'. From a closer look, I could see every detail of this being. I pulled my sword out of it's forehead, the blade was drenched in blood and bits of presumably the Monsters core could be seen sticking to it.

In this world every creature that can use mana have what we call a 'core' except for humans: it's the most important part in the monsters body as it works as the line of life for it and also make it capable of using mana like this tiger that used magic to throw crystals at me, but it's also it's weakest point as it's easily breakable.

Coming back to my first point, I fell into deep thought. After looking back at the fight, I came up with a theory. The huge change that happened to my body is related to the red emerald and also my eyes change of colour. Both these phenomenons boosted my powers so I was able fight mostly on equal strength with the tiger. But there still something I didn't check out and it's the magic circle that appeared in front of me.

At that moment for a split second I was able to cast a barrier even though I never learned magic in the first place. My deceased mother prohibited my father from doing it as ' it's dangerous for a kid to use magic, he must wait until his grown enough'. And what even weirder is that I casted it without a chant, hell I didn't even say the name of the spell. I need to make experiments as this could prove to be extremely powerful trump card.

Looking at my surroundings, I quickly found Winston running to my place with something in his hands. He was breathing heavily looking quite exhausted. "Ryn are you okay? What happened here? Who killed that monster?" He looked around frantically but I totally ignored him as I was looking at the thing or should I say the person he was carrying with him. 

She was a girl, probably my age and it's safe to say she is the cutest girl I've ever seen...period. she had a long auburne hair dangling in the air with with a face so beautiful you could say it was sculpted out of jade. She looked fragile and quite weak. And from here clothing you could know that she was some kind of nobility. 

"I killed it. But that not important right now, who is she?" I asked Winston pointing at the girl. He was shocked...his eyes widening to the point where I feared they will pop out or something. "You killed it!!!? Quit the stupid crap there is no way you could kill that thing. Even I can barely beat that thing." He said tottaly refusing to believe my words.

"Whatever, I will explain later, but for now answer my question." I said quite annoyed from this old geezer. "This is the culprit of the barrier breaking. She entered this place from somewhere. I found her unconscious under tree. I picked her and came her hurying up." He told me the story looking at the unconscious cute girl. I suggested that we should go home for now as the night is still young and talking in the woods is weird.

Coming back to the house, We putted the girl on a bed and then came back to the living room to talk. "So tell me what 'really' happened?"

"I'm really telling the truth. Here is what happened....." And I told him what everything, and a myriad of emotions appeared on his face from shock to puzzled and so on through out my story. After the long explanation he said "So my assumptions were right on the mark. The day after tomorrow is going to be your first training day so we should try to understand your weird power and that non-chant thing. But for now we need to deal with that girl that's peeking on us from quite a while." Said Winston looking at the corner where we could see someone peeking at us.

This act of hers looked so cute and I could only laugh internally. "You can come here we're not going to harm you." I told her to come here. She hesitated for a second than decided to come close. Here closed eyes now open revealed two beautiful green eyes that could captivate anyone with a single look. She is quite the beauty.

"W-who are you?" She asked quite timidly still wary of us. "It's from normal etiquette that someone introduce himself first." Said Winston with menacing look. She got scared from his look and instantly backed away.

"You really don't know how to talk to people old man. Let me talk with her." I said to Winston and then smiled warmly at the mysterious girl. "I'm sorry for the attitude of the old man. He's mind is not working properly because of his old age. I'm Ryn Crestfall and you are?" I tried to sound as friendly as possible.

"My-my name is Evelyn Greenrose." Looking at her I guess my smile worked perfectly. Well I guess a little too much as she blushed furiously while answering. "You can call me Ryn...could I call you Evelyn?" I asked and she nodded timidly.

"Very well Evelyn, can you tell me how did you get to this place. We found you unconscious near this house. And looking at your clothes you should be a nobility right?" I asked trying to know her circumstances.

"I-I was on a trip to my big brother's domain for his wedding and our carriage got attacked from bandits. I had to run with some of my knights. I saw this house and I thought that I could find help but...."

"Sorry to interrupt your explanation Evelyn but you said your brother's domain? You're not a royalty or something right, hehehe" I said half-jockingly but her answer made me totally freeze.

"Yes-yes, I'm the second princess of the Ziortia Empire."

and the second chapter of the day is done. I hope you guys could give me your feedback on the story to this point and any problems that I should fix in the future. I will totally appreciate it.

0