Chapter 8
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I didn't expect that I will find the Princess of this kingdom unconscious near a shady house in the middle of the forest.

"Well, who thought I will meet the princess herself her" I chuckled slightly.

For some reason, Winston was acting weird, he face darkened and he looked pale. Then, he stood up and left without saying a word. I didn't understand his actions and ignored him as I talked with Evelyn. Our conversation was light, we didn't talk about anything heavy and just asked eachother about our lifes and such.

After few hours of chatting, it's safe to say I understood a little bit of her personality. She's very kind, to the point where you can call her naïve, but she is also quite timid. She smiles alot and loves sweet things. 

For a moment, I remembered something and thought that maybe asking her will help me. "I know this question is unexpected. But...do you know someone named Azeroth?" I was hoping that I could find a lead to that bastard and maybe some information.

"You mean the seventh Imperial knight, Azeroth-sama? Yes, I know him quite well." I was relieved that she knew about him and I tried to probe her in a roundabout way. After a while of asking, I knew a few things about him. He's an Imperial Knight and from her words there are 10 of them ranked by power and number one being the strongest, they're the pillars that hold this kingdom on top of the continent and are the strongest weapons in wars.

All of these people have unknown origins, powers and even the said first Imperial knight never appeared in public. Making his identity unknown.

Anyways, she also said that Azeroth is a professor in the Ziortia holy academy. This institute is the most prestigious in the whole continent attracting young talents from everywhere just to have the honour of attending this academy. The students who graduate from there became mages,  

I was still eager to know more about my target but still felt satisfied with my progression. I stopped my round of questions and changed the topic to a more peaceful one. "So, you will attend the academy when you reach 15? That's amazing!" She told me that royalties didn't need to take the admission exam as they hold the purest bloodline of ancient Mages.

The legend says that these people were the founders of Ziortia and all the descendants from there bloodline are the ones to rule it.

"Not really, even though I have the blood of the ancient mages I'm not that good at magic. But I'm still working hard to become strong. Strong enough to protect my kingdom" her determination was something I admired.

"I'm sure you will become strong, all you need is hardwork." I said encouraging her. 'Winning the princess to my side will help me a lot' I thought to myself while Evelyn was just blushing from my words, her face as read as a tomato "T-thank you." 

Looking at the window, I thought that it should be time for breakfast. The time passed in a whim. I made a casual breakfast of bacon and eggs and we ate chatting and enjoying eachother company. Then after eating we spent the whole day walking around, I showed her the house and Lili the Wyvern. 

When the clear sky turned orange, and while going back we heard the voices of some people calling Evelyn.

We hurried our steps to the voices and we found the Knights that escorts the princess. At first they thought I was kidnapping her or something but after clearing the misunderstanding they thanked me and left with Evelyn.

Before leaving, she bowed elegantly and thanked me for helping "I really enjoyed the day too, so I should also thank you I guess, hehe. I hope we meet in the future. Take care." I said smiling warmly. She fell silent for a moment looking dazedly at my face before averting her eyes quickly and leaving.

"I'm pretty sure we will meet again, Evelyn" my smile left my face and I knew very well what I'm going to do"I found you, Azeroth."

Then I went back to the house.

__________________________________________________

4 years passed like that, I spent most of my days training with Winston, It was hellish to say the least. That old man didn't spare me, my training starts at 6 in the morning to 12 with small breaks in between then we have lunch and after that I study for the academy admition exam. I barely found any time to sleep.

"Oi, old man I'm back!" I said while closing the door holding a big deer on my shoulder. It weighed around half a ton but because of my strength I didn't feel anything."Finally....I didn't train you to take two hours chasing a deer Ryn.......I'm starving." answered Winston who sat on the sofa with an angry look on his face.

"I had to fight a Three eyed bear while coming back, it took some time, so stop whini-" I didn't end my words as my eyes grew sharper turning serious in a moment. "Say old man, you're feeling that?" I said with a serious tone looking at Winston. He nodded to my words. 

There was a strong aura traversing the forest at a tremendous speed coming straight to our direction. It wasn't a monster but something else.

We left the house and looked at the sky, seconds later the thing or should I say the person who we felt before appeared and landed slowly in front of us.

"It's been a while little boy. Missed me?" The carefree voice that I will never forget along with that stupid grin. I knew that person very well.

"AZEROTH!!"

0