Chapter 9
28 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"AZEROTH!!" I screamed and lunged on him. I channeled my mana enhancing my body. It was one of the very first spells I learned, it can be considered a fundamental spell for every warrior wether he was a mage or a swordsman. This spell gives the person a boost in his speed, and also increasing the sturdiness of his body. 

I felt my body becoming as light as feather and energy invading my whole body. I swiftly made my way towards Azeroth. I pulled my sword from my dimension storage (another spell I learned in the last 4 years). reaching him, I slashed my sword horizontally. 

My sword didn't find its way to his body and got blocked by his huge sword. Our clash made wave of energy that blew away everything around us. 

All of this happened in 1 second, I pulled my sword and slashed again not giving him a breather but he still stopped my sword centimeters away from his torso. "What is this strength? You became a monster very quickly." He said sarcastically but we both knew that I was overwhelming him. I ignored his comment and kept attacking him left and right not stopping for a second. My mind wasn't thinking straight and all I could feel was my sword clashing with his and the mana that is circulating non stop through out my body.

He wasn't able to counter my rampage and kept defending while backing away every time, the waves created from our fight destroyed the trees around us  After 15 minutes of constant barrages of attacks, Azeroth started to loose foot. I thought that my attacks started to work. But I also started to wear out. He pushed me away slightly and looked at Winston.

 "Your disciple is one hell of a talent. Right, Winston...or should I say The cursed Mage?" His smile that disappeared when we started fighting resurfaced. I stepped back as I felt something wrong and looked back at Winston that weirdly didn't talk since he first appeared. 

His face that usually looked calm and stiff was deathly pale and the look of shock on his face was something I've never seen. "That's really bad, you know~.. are you going to kill your disciple another time after all these years?"

"Huh, what is he talking about Winston?" I was confused and all I could was look at him for answers.

My reply came from Azeroth as Winston's face grew even darker and he averted his eyes from me. "So he didn't tell you, poor thing~ let me fill you in about Winston, his past to be exact." His voice was full of sarcasm and contempt.

"Once upon a time, there was a Mage, this mage was the strongest in his kingdom and was respected by everyone. He was loved and seen as the saviour of his country.One day, he organized along with two people an expedition, at the time, it was the hugest expedition to ever happen and it targeted a place called the lost temples. People were celebrating and knew that this mage will lead them to prosperity. Along with these two companions and over 10000 thousand knights, they set on a journey to explore these unknown places. This expedition was named later 'The holy Blood massacre' expedition....as for what happened....well, this mage along with the two people came back, alone. They were stained with blood from head to toe. As for the 10000 soldiers, they were no where to be found. The blood wasn't there own, nor was it that of any kind of monster or beast, it was the blood of humans. They didn't tell anyone what happened there. The Kingdom couldn't believe that the strongest and most respected humans probably in the whole continent will not only fail but also drag along the corpses of nearly 1/3 if the Kingdoms men power. The Mage and his friends got captured, but in the day of trial they disappeared under unknown circumstances never to be found." The story was shocking, and I quickly linked his words with Winston. My face contorted, I knew that not believing the story was the wisest choice but from Winston's silence and not denying his words I understood that the truth was rather as cruel as it seemed to be.

Before I could utter a word, Azeroth chuckled eerily and said "wait little boy....there is a beautiful twist in our tale. I told the story of the mage and I said that he organised the expedition along with two people. The same people that accompanied him and came back practically unscathed. These people were the heroes of our country, the 'Twin blades' Luis and Claire Crestfall. Your parents, Ryn Crestfall hahahaha." His wicked laughter echoed in the surroundings.

"Oh how sad that is, Ryn~ you were born to two killers."

"No."

"You laughed, cried and lived your life with the same people that killed thousands of humans."

"No. Stop"

"After there death, you were trained under the Cursed Mage himself. The Main reason for the huge Massacre 31 years ago. Hahahaha"

"I SAID STOP!" I closed my ears in a useless attempt to block his voice. "Finally, after 30 years of searching we found the heartless murderers of our people. You three ran away from the judgement and hid like rats. But soon enough your existence will be wiped from this world and this Country shall see that, the only people left are you two." My head was spinning. 'this has to be a lie...there is no way they killed those people. My father.....my mother' I couldn't accept it and my tears started gushing out running down my cheeks and dropping on the ground.

"Now shall we continue our Pla-?"

"Wait a second" I turned around to see Winston stepping up.

1