15. Kevin’s Little Crush
102 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The number I saw below my channel name was 500K.

I was sent an email from Youtube. On it, there was a code I needed to redeem and a place to put my address. I redeemed the code and typed in my address.

Afterwards, I headed to my appointments.

The entire day, my mind was occupied with my channel. The appointments I had today were all subscribed to my channel. It was a new experience.

However, as I really thought about it, I really owed Adam and Lily. The video I made at their house blew up. The views reached over 10 million. But because the video blew up, people looked at my other clips and tips.

The reason YouTube sent me an email was to send me the silver play button for 100,000 subscribers.

The video I had made was shared on multiple social media platforms such as Tiktok, Vine, Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram.

It was Saturday, so my commissions stopped for the time being. I was free for the weekend. And since I had some free time, I called Kevin. The phone rang before it was picked up 30 seconds later.

“Hey.” I spoke first.

“What’s up, man!! Hey, hey, guess what!” Kevin sounded excitedly.

“What?”

“Did you know you were famous?” At this point, I didn’t know who was more excited, me or Kevin.

“Oh, I’m not that famous. Maybe around the neighborhood or so..” I didn’t like to boast or rub my achievements in people's faces. I thought it was always better to be humble and have humility.

“Yeah, if the neighborhood is called the USA.” Kevin replied.

“Okay, okay, stop. I’m getting embarrassed now…”

“Hehe, I’m friends with someone famous.” Kevin teased.

“Should I call you my younger brother?” I asked.

“No! Why?” His voice sounded hurt and defensive all in one.

“Because you’re acting a little childish, haha.”

Tch, you’re no fun. Why did you call me?”

“I wanted to ask you, since I’m free, if you wanted to go to the motocross course with me since we didn’t get around to it last time.”

“Oh, definitely!! What time are you coming?”

“I can be there in an hour. Is that okay?”

“Yeah, just ring the doorbell whenever you’re here.”

“Okay. Until then.” I then hung up the phone.

After finishing the phone call, I started getting ready. I had my keys, helmet, gloves, and jacket.

When I confirmed I had everything I needed, I went to the parking garage and got on my bike. After that, I drove to Kevin’s house. During the ride, I thought about many things, especially the future. I also reflected on everything that happened this past week. So much has happened in the past 7 days, I almost can’t wrap my head around it all.

First of all, my commissions are flowing in and business is booming. Even more so, when my channel reached over 500,000 subscribers.

It wasn’t long before I was on Kevin’s doorstep, ringing on his doorbell. I could hear Kevin yelling for his dogs to settle down, but it was futile.

At first, the door was opening slowly, but suddenly, it burst open and three dogs came running out to greet me with their tails wagging. I was beginning to question who was the owner, me or Kevin.

I looked over at Kevin and his expression was saying, “Whatever, it’s not like I didn’t know this was coming..”

“Hey, Kevin.” I greeted.

Kevin greeted me back, “Hey, come inside. The air conditioning is getting out.”

“Someone’s salty.” I teased.

I walked into his house and Kevin left me alone in his living room.

Not long after he left, he soon returned with a pencil and paper. Kevin walked up to me and asked me in an obnoxious manner, “Oh my god! Shay! CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH??”

He fanned himself like it was hot in the room. I see what he’s doing; he’s acting like a fangirl.

I was flustered at first, but then I rolled my eyes, “C’mon, Kevin. That’s not funny.”

Kevin burst out laughing because my reaction was priceless. “Oh, man. I haven’t seen your flustered face in a while!”

“What? When have you seen it before?”

“You don’t need to know. Plus, even if I didn’t, it would be even better.”

“You’re so mean to me..”

“Oh really?” Kevin asked.

“No. You’re actually a good guy.”

“That’s good. I wouldn’t want to become like you..”

“DAMN. You’ve crossed the line!” I spoke loudly and jumped up. Kevin caught onto what I was doing and started backing up. It was useless because as soon as he realized what I was going to do, I pounced at him and tackled him. Kevin fell to the floor with me behind him. I put him in a headlock.

He struggled like a mouse in a snake’s mouth until he realized all resistance was useless. Kevin tapped on my forearm and I released him.

“Damn, Shay. Why are you so.. Perfect?”

“Huh? That sounds a little……”

Kevin knew what I was implying, so he corrected himself, “No.. I meant that you’re good at everything. I refuse to believe that there is nothing you’re bad at.”

“Well, you’re right. I’m good at some things, but not good at other things.”

“Ha! Like what?”

“Like… you’ll find out after we come back from the motocross course.”

“Okay. I won’t forget, so if you do, I’ll just bug you until you tell me.”

“You go do that. Let’s go. It’s getting late. The place closes at like 8, right?”

“Yeah. We should go.”

Kevin and I both grabbed our stuff and headed to the course.

We got there in about 5 minutes. It really wasn’t far. When we got there, Kevin signed both of us in and we watched some of the people going around the obstacles. 

“Kevin, do you know how to do this?”

“What? The tricks and such?”

“Yeah.” I answered.

“Hell no! I like living, thank you very much.”

I laughed and continued watching.

“Shay, do you want to learn?”

“Hm. Good question. I like living too.”

“Look at us agreeing on something.”

“I know, right? We’re on fire today.”

Kevin and I both laughed as we watched the people go. It was really fun. Usually we were the ones on the bikes, but watching it was still something that wasn’t ever boring.

The people who would do flips and tricks were insane. Some people fell, and others landed their tricks. There was also a girl in the group, surprisingly. Usually girls wouldn’t want to do these kinds of activities.

I’m not being sexist here, I’m just stating my observations.

She was one of the best in the group too! I couldn’t help but be amazed. We couldn’t see her face, but she had the body of a female, which is how Kevin and I could tell her gender. The whole time, Kevin had his eyes glued to the girl. I noticed him and wore a mischievous smile.

At the end of the session, the girl took her helmet off. Instantly, I looked at Kevin to see his reaction. His face was red and his jaw dropped. Oh man, he’s got it bad, doesn’t he?

After seeing Kevin’s face, I looked at the girl. She had dirty blonde hair and amber eyes. How mesmerizing she was. I looked at Kevin again, “Hey, dude.”

Kevin didn’t answer.

“Kevin. If you keep your mouth open for too long, flies will fly in.”

Still no answer.

What is it with lovestruck idiots becoming deaf? I decided to not ask him a third time because it wouldn’t work anyways, so I shut his mouth with my right hand. He snapped out of his daze and looked at me like I had wronged him.

“So. You like her?”

Kevin nodded.

“Even if she has a boyfriend?” I asked.

Kevin stood up, “How would you know if she has a boyfriend or not?”

“Because while you were staring at her, I was looking at other people as well. Her reactions towards one of the other members of this crew was especially intimate.”

“So? I’m not going to let some other guy stop me from dating her.”

“Heh.” I sat back and watched the end of this show. Kevin had realized that the conversation between the two of us was over and sat down as well. He looked at the girl again.

She was walking back when her name was called.

“Alexis! Wait up!” The leader of the group called out.

We were close enough to hear her name. The guy that called out to Alexis was tall. He also was really muscular. Alexis and the guy kissed and started walking out of the course grounds together.

“Still want to date her?” I quietly asked Kevin.

“Nope, I’m good.” Kevin shook his head and closed his eyes in defeat.

Seeing Kevin admit defeat so easily was so amusing, I chuckled out loud and got up to leave.

Kevin followed after me.

‘Well, that’s one way to snuff out a light’, I thought, reminiscing of the past few minutes.

Kevin and I were on the bleachers to observe. When we reached ground level, we just happened to run into the girl named Alexis and the guy who was her boyfriend.

Alexis actually bumped into Kevin accidentally.

“Oof!” She was surprised and looked up at Kevin’s face. He turned into a block of ice instantly.

Of course, I noticed Kevin making a fool of himself, so I decided to intervene before he really made himself look bad.

“Hey there.” I greeted. Her boyfriend glared at me.

“Hi. Sorry about running into you. Are you okay?” She asked Kevin.

I elbowed Kevin in the side. He jolted and answered naturally, “Yeah. It’s fine, Alexis.”

As soon as he said this, a slap was heard next to Kevin. It was me slapping my forehead and dragging my hand down my face. Yes. I just facepalmed myself. Kevin is an idiot.

Everyone looked over at me. As soon as they did, I turned my back towards them and walked around slowly in a circle as if nothing happened.

Alexis was surprised to hear her name coming from someone she just met, and she asked, “How do you know my name?”

By this time, I had looped around and ended back at Kevin’s side.

“Uh-” Kevin was about to say something stupid, so I saved him.

“We heard it by chance when we were leaving.” I said.

Alexis’s boyfriend spoke up too, “So you were watching her? That’s creepy.”

“Not really. She was really good. You two make a perfect match.” At this sentence, Alexis’s boyfriend smiled and looked at Alexis. His arm was around her shoulders.

“By the way, how long have you two been biking?” I asked.

“A little over 10 years.” Alexis answered for herself and her boyfriend.

“Wow! It looks really fun, but dangerous.”

“It can be, but it’s exhilarating. The thrill and rush of adrenaline is amazing. Do you bike?”

“Not this kind of bike. I’d like to live for a little while longer, thank you very much.”

The both of them laughed.

Kevin, who was just listening, finally spoke up after so long, “It was really entertaining to watch you and your crew. We’d love to come watch again if it’s okay.”

“We’d love that! It’s fun to show off sometimes. My name’s Blake, by the way. This is Alexis, as you know by now.” Alexis’s boyfriend answered.

“We book the course on Saturdays at 5-8. We’ll see you then, uh..” Alexis trailed off.

“Oh, I’m Kevin and this is Shay.”

“Nice to meet you both. Then, we’ll see you around, guys!” Alexis said her farewells to us and we all left to our separate ways.

As soon as we turned away from the couple, I punched Kevin in the shoulder.

“Ow! What was that for?” Kevin asked.

“Saving your ass. Kevin, you owe me one.”

“Thanks. I almost ruined it for myself.”

“Mhm. Think about your words before you say them next time.”

“I can’t believe I’m being lectured by someone younger than me.”

“Me too.” I answered.

Back at Kevin’s house, I walked through the door after parking my bike in Kevin’s garage. The dogs welcomed me and ignored Kevin completely. I shot a pitying look at Kevin before heading inside. He rolled his eyes and followed after me again.

The dogs all ran over to Kevin once he picked up their dog bowls. ‘So this is what Kevin felt like..’ I suddenly felt like I knew how Kevin felt whenever I came over.

After Kevin finished feeding the dogs, we sat in the living room and started our conversation. He put on a movie and started speaking to me.

“So, what aren’t you good at? We didn’t finish this conversation earlier.”

“Okay, but like.. Why would you start a movie then start a conversation?”

“Background music. It’s too quiet here.”

“But you could put on music… Never mind. Let’s start this discussion.”

“I have so many personality flaws. You’ll know of them as time passes. However, I’ll tell you that I suck at sports. Except running.” I said.

“HAHA! Really? I’m great at sports!”

“I know, which makes it really frustrating.”

“Okay, what else?”

“Uh. I can’t draw people. I can draw anything else other than people.”

“That’s weird.”

“Yeah, but we all have our strengths and weaknesses, right?”

“True. What else?”

“Uh…. I guess I don’t know how to sail a boat, fish, ride a skateboard…”

“This makes me so happy, knowing I’m better than you in all of those categories.”

“Wow. I see how it is…”

“Good, then you’ll know who’s your superior. It’s okay to not be the best.”

A vein practically popped out of my forehead. Kevin was rubbing salt in my wound right now and he knew it.

“You bast--” I started to say, then Kevin cut me off, aware of what I was going to say.

“Oh! The movie is still on!”

“...” My expression turned from a normal face to one that said, “No shit.”

“But hey, Shay. It’s a relief knowing that you’re not good at everything. Makes you feel more human.”

‘So I wasn’t human before?’ I thought internally and threw a punch at Kevin in my head.

It was late and I was lazy, so I decided to crash at Kevin’s place with or without his consent.

I stepped into the hallway to call Tina to tell her to eat her meals, else she’d forget. I also apologized for not being able to do an anime marathon with her tonight and promised her on Friday and Saturday, we’d do it to make up for lost time.

When the call ended, I went back and watched the movie with Kevin. We fell asleep and morning soon came.

When I woke up, Kevin was still sleeping. I went into the kitchen and started making breakfast. The eggs were done and the hash browns were almost done. The bacon was already on a plate. When Kevin got a whiff of the food I was making, he immediately went to the living room and sat down on the couch, awaiting his meal.

“Good morning to you too, Kevin. I slept fine, thanks for asking.” I said sarcastically.

“But I didn’t ask..”

“That was the point.. Never mind.”

The food was finished, so I plated it and put Kevin’s plate down in front of him. I sat down next to him and started chowing down on mine too.

We finished scarfing down the food when Kevin said, “I’ll do the dishes. Give me your plate.”

“Thanks!” I said, and handed him my plate.

“Hey, Shay..”

“Hm?”

“Can I style your hair?”

“Sure. If you want.” ‘Even though it’ll be useless once I put my helmet on.’ I thought immediately after.

“Yessss.” I heard Kevin say softly.

Kevin sat me down on a chair in front of a mirror. He opened a drawer and pulled out some gel. He got some of the gel and rubbed it in his hands, then ran his fingers through my hair and spiked my hair up. I’ll be honest, it looked pretty damn good. When he was done having his fun, I needed to leave.

Before I left, however, I asked Kevin a question, “Kevin, do you still want that autograph?”

“Fuck off.” Kevin’s remark made me laugh all the way to the garage.

Soon after, I left and returned to OBHQ.

It was Sunday and there was pretty much nothing on my schedule.

I decided to just relax in my room. Tina came back that night and immediately ate the dinner I made for her. 

“I’m so glad you’re back, I missed your meals.” Tina said.

“Thanks.”

“No problem. Oh, also, can you do something for me tomorrow?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Can you do the CFO’s job for a day?”

“Huh?”

“You heard me.”

“Uh.. I guess, but why?”

“He called in sick. I bet he’s fooling around again. Anyways, we can’t function without the CFO, so someone needs to be there when he isn’t. I trust you. Also you won’t be able to escape from me if you do something bad.”

“You’re right. I’ll help you. What time do I need to be there tomorrow?”

“You can just go when I go. I’ll send you an email of all the things you’ll need to do tomorrow.”

“Okay, sis. I won’t let you down.”

“I know you won’t.”

The conversation concluded and we both went to sleep because it was an early morning at the office tomorrow.

The next morning, I did the usual routine and went to work with Tina. She showed me the CFO’s office and left to write the email to me. 15 minutes later, it arrived with specific instructions. I started to get to work right away. 

She basically asked me to manage and sort through the cash flow for the company and send her the totals. Not only that, but I’d need to double check the work that was done by the team members. 

Being a CFO was super tiring. I only found out that irrefutable fact after I had completed my work for the day. I sent Tina the work I finished. While I was attaching the files, my eye caught a folder that was named ‘SF’ and had a lock next to it.

Me being me, I was curious. After I sent Tina the files, I decided to check what the ‘SF’ folder had in it.

On the screen, the computer asked for a password. It was a numerical password and there was a keypad.

A thought came to mind suddenly. ‘Why not crack it? It’s only 4 digits anyways. It’s only 10,000 possible combinations… No way he’d be a dumbass about it, right?’

I tried the standard and fool combinations like 0000 and 9999. They were incorrect. ‘He’s really not a dumbass after all..’

I soon regretted that decision after I typed in the digits 1111. ‘Oh, I take that back. He really is a dumbass.’

The folder was now unlocked. I clicked on it for it to open and what I found was astonishing!

Hi! Announcing that I'll be posting only one chapter a week moving forward. Thanks for reading my story! I appreciate you. <3

3