(3) First Days.
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The wind was cold. Cold enough for your limbs to become numb due to the exposure. Perhaps this was a blessing, since the pain of the cold was numbed as well.

It's been over a year since Julius was reincarnated into this world. It didn't take him long to realize that this, while fantasy to him, was more hellish than anything he could have thought of. He constantly thought back to his life on Earth. Purgatory he called it. Where time flowed at a rate that was both slow and all too fast at the same time. He gave a heartless chuckle at his past self. How pathetic he had been. Wasting away on Earth like some lost soul. He wished he had appreciated his time more than he had. Because if Earth was a Purgatory, then Turelsia is Hell.

The first week after being reincarnated crushed all hopes Julius had of a new life. He was placed in a forest. He wasn't sure how his body would be after reincarnation. Would he be born anew? Or perhaps he would remain the same. Neither was the case, it would seem. He instead found himself on the forest floor, covered in dried blood. He wore a cloak of sorts, with the leggings to match. On his back was a bow and near his right hand laid a dagger. His skin was pale. Too pale. It didn't take long for him to figure out where the blood came from. His abdomen was the source after all.

After checking his own condition, he peered at his surroundings. Around him was what he believed to be a wolf. However, something was different about the creature. Now, Julius knew that wolves were commonly underestimated in size. But the sheer size of the one in front of him was surely something of a monster. Julius could imagine its stature if it were standing in front of him instead of laying on the ground beside him. It would have easily been almost as tall as himself. Not that he was sure of his own height...

Julius knew what he had to do, after all, he wasn't sure if this monster wolf creature was sleeping or dying currently. Thus, he attempted to grab his dagger, except he couldn't. As soon as he tried he was shot with a searing hot pain. 

"Urgh!" He groaned as quietly as he could. 'Dammit, what kind of shitty situation is this?!'

Panic soon filled Julius. 'No fucking way. I'm reincarnated just to be eaten by a wolf? What a joke.. I-I need to kill that bastard! I HAVE to! Move dammit move!'

As Julius struggled to command his body, the monster in front of him began to stir.

'Dammit! It was sleeping!' He realized

The monster slowly stood up and shook off its apparent drowsiness. 

Eventually Julius was able to touch the dagger with his fingers. Once within his hand, Julius realized just how bad his situation was.

'I-I can barely hold this damn thing. My-I'm to weak to even stand! How am I gonna Stab something that large! There's no way-no way..'

The monster finally stopped it's morning routine of stretching and looked over at Julius. It's eyes were dark, black even. Its fur was thick, several inches probably. 

'So this is it then. I'm so pathetic. Can't even hold a tiny dagger. What a joke.' He pitied himself. It seemed clear to himself that his life was never meant to mean anything truly. He wasn't some hero in disguise, nor could he save himself in situations where his life was on the line. Hell, he even died falling down a set of stairs. 'A joke. I'm a joke'.

The wolf walked towards Julius slowly, almost mockingly so. As if stating that it wasn't scared of something so weak.

"C'mon then bastard," Julius called out to the wolf, "C'mon then, kill me. Although I'm sure I'll taste like shit too."

And as the wolf pounced, Julius closed his eyes in acceptance.

It was then a voice filled Julius' head. 

"You must not die. Your duty has only just begun."

A ominous strength welled up inside Julius suddenly. A presence overtook his consciousness. He suddenly knew what to do. He called upon this power within himself, begging it to move. To kill.

A sickening crunch followed by gargling was soon heard. Julius slowly opened his exhausted eyes. But the sight before him made him wish he kept them closed.

The wolf was being held up in the air by what looked to be blood. Long spears, almost similar in look to stalagmites, were protruding from where his abdomen was cut. The wolf was impaled in the throat and stomach, mid-air.  Its dark eyes showed what seemed to be surprise and fear before all possible life was drained from its face. The hole in it's neck was easily 8 inches in diameter and protruded from it's back for 2 more feet. The hole in its stomach was smaller, only 6 inches wide, and had not went through the beast.

The scene was sickening to someone like Julius, who grew up poor but relatively sheltered in a smaller sized town. His mind was scattered with a multitude of thoughts. His body felt drained but invigorated at the same time. And before Julius could assess what just happened, a whitish-blue screen appeared before him.

⌈ You have slain a Level 63 Dire Wolf!

⌈ Calculating experience... ⌉

⌈ Applying boosts... ⌉

828 XP Gained! ⌉

⌈ Leveled up! ⌉

⌈ Leveled up! ⌉

⌈ Leveled up! ⌉

9 Stat Points Gained! ⌉

⌈ Skill Received: Fast leveler! ⌉

⌈ Skill Received: Blood Magicks! ⌉

1