2. My first time was a failure.
431 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 (AHHHHHHHH!)

 I felt like I just woke up from a dream. My mind was hazy and my body was heavy. Even though I was awake and conscious, I couldn't see anything and I couldn't touch anything except my own body.

(It's dark.)

Come to think of it, this is how it felt like when I lost my family in front of me. Everything was dark, the only feeling I felt was pain, regret. 

(Oh shit, I'm gonna cry.)

I couldn't help it and cry again. The feeling of losing someone is just too great. 

(I want to see them so bad.)

"Wake up."

(Huh? Who was that?)

"Do you want to see them? Your family."

I stopped crying. Whoever this person is, clearly it's a woman. And It looks like she knows what I think and feels So I put up my guard. I don't want to be a bad spirit enticed by a demon.

"Who are you." 

"Ufufufufu...It's great to see you putting up your guard but before I answer your question. I think it's better if you wake up first."

"Huh? What do you me-"

Before I could even finish speaking, everything turned white. What once a dark and empty space, is now filled with stars like in a starry night. I could feel like I was standing on something but I don't see any platform or anything where I was standing.

"Greetings."

I turned my attention to who I assume, the person responsible for getting me here. She was wearing a white veil and wore red and white risque clothing. She's hot I'll give her that. 

"Ufufufufu.....and welcome home, Aiden."

Home? 

"Wah.....First of all, who are you? And what do you mean home?"

"Ara? You seriously don't know?"

I stood there not knowing to answer. She said about home, that alone is already sus.

"Haaahh...looks like my little sister didn't show herself to you huh."

"Little sister?"

"Enough about that. Let me introduce myself first. My name is Maia. I'm a goddess." 

(A goddess!!??) 

She took off her veil and the first thing I noticed about her was her looks. Her hair is the same as mine, the same for her eyes too. And let's not forget her pale white skin.

"I know you have a lot of questions so let's sit down and I'll explain things to you."

Instantly, a beautiful table and chairs appeared. She sat down first and I was still staring at her. 

"........"

She didn't say anything and only directed a beautiful smile at me. But something was telling me that if I don't sit down immediately, something bad is gonna happen. So I sat down immediately without any hesitation.

"Ufufufufufu....good boy. Now, let's get down to business"

(I guess she wants me to ask now huh)

"Ok first of all. Where are we? And why am I here?"

She didn't answer immediately but instead made two cups of tea magically appear.

"We are inside of my domain of course since I'm a goddess. And as for why you are here. It's simply because you are one of us. "

She sipped her tea after answering me. 

"What do you mean by that?"

"See my hair and eyes? I believe someone in your family made a pact with us."

(No... Is it Grandfather?! He was the only one who had an obscure record.)

Everything falls into place now, why we were different than the others. Since grandfather made a pact with her, her powers manifested in me and my sister.

(Haaaaaaaahhh)

I sighed at the memories resurfacing of me and my sister getting ostracized with our peers in our world.

"Correct! Your grandfather made a pact with me, that is in exchange for power and the capability to lead his family and lands to grow. You became like us since my blood now flows in you."

I immediately noticed something here, if my grandfather received those.

(I have something to do with the whole exchange.)

"Ufufufufu..... It's great that you catch on so fast. Yes, you are the payment for the power he received."

"I see...Is the candidate for the payment chosen by random?"

She didn't answer immediately but instead, she finished drinking her tea before answering.

"The condition for it was to have someone in his family to be powerful enough to influence the whole world that you live in. "

"And why do they have to be strong?"

"To be worthy of becoming my champion. Aiden, what do you think is the reason why your world suddenly collapsed?"

Now that I think about it, what was the reason why the world suddenly collapsed. Everything was normal and peaceful, so why?

"I don't know......but I do remember before the world collapsed, I heard a voice in the sky saying “Times up”... don't tell me......"

"That my dear is because your world lost its value. So a *moderator* showed up to destroy your world. A world maintains its value through a series of conditions, states, wars, progress in technology, culture, people dying, etc etc. And sadly your world was already in a state of stagnation. It was given an extension of 1000 years but it still wasn't enough."

".........."

I couldn't say anything. It was a lot to take in, to think my world was obligated just because it was already stagnating. I lost my family because the world was not valuable anymore. 

"And you didn't do anything?"

"Truthfully speaking, I don't need to do that."

"What do you mean?"

"That's because they are still alive. But they are in a different world. And that my dear, is where you're going."

"Really? You're not lying right?"

The news of my family still alive made me stand up from my chair. I was shaking, happy that I could meet them again.

"No, I'm not lying. But you will give a task to accomplish."

(Of course, there's a catch.)

"Ufufufufu.Don't think badly of me though. The only way you can meet them is to become a champion. Your task is to participate in a massive battle royal, as a king."

"You're joking right?"

Me? A king? What a joke. I can't possibly be capable of becoming a king.

"I'm not. Now, what do you say? Don't you want to see your family again? And besides, even if you didn't lose your loved ones nothing will change anyway."

"And why is that?"

"You have been chosen as a participant by the Council of Gods and became my champion, I initially thought of making the payment become my champion. And here you are."

So things at some point will come to this huh. This is pretty overwhelming but I get her. And besides, I don't think I can escape from her.

"I accept being your champion."

I can't let this chance pass. I want to see my family again in that world. And besides, being a king might not be a bad idea. 

"Excellent! Now let me explain things to you about the competition."

After I agreed, I was briefed by Maia on what I need to know. First of all, the Council of Gods is a group of Gods pitting their champions against each other. The champions will act like kings and govern a land. The champion will try to become as big as they can and, well, wage war. I must defeat the other champions to gain control over their lands and make myself stronger. There will lot of things to use and exploit in the world where the competition is gonna be held. The top 3 get a reward for their accomplishments. 

"Do you want a new ability or are you satisfied with your ability in the last past life?"

"No, my ability is already strong. Though I need enhanced mana capacity and better mana channeling in my body. Can you do that for me instead?"

"Well, I do agree that your ability is already like a power of a God. Ok, consider it done."

"Thank you. What else do I need to know?"

"Ah! Your race will differ when you reach there. The race you'll turn into will base on your appearance and some part of your personality. The closer you are to that race, the greater chances you'll have to become a member of that race. Other than that, you need to discover them yourself. I can't spoon-feed you everything."

Well, she's right. Looks like I got a lot of things to do once I get started over there.Damn.I feel like I'm gonna draw a lottery right now. I don't know what I'll turn into! Heck! There's even a chance I'll turn into a monster. 

"Ok take this."

"What's this?"

She passed a box to me. The bow wasn't heavy, it didn't even feel it has something inside. I wonder what's inside though.

"That's a gift from the Council of Gods. Each God there puts their blessing inside a box. Those boxes are then randomly given to the champions as a test for their capacity to utilize what they have that they didn't expect they'll have. Open it, you might get lucky and get a title too."

"Ok."

I opened the box and a bright light erupted from the box. I waited for the light to disappear and checked what I got.

"Let's see. I got Aditi's Blessing and an unidentified title."

"An unidentified title huh....odd. Anyways, you can access your blessing when you are there, you can't access it here since you're inside of my domain."

"Ok, I'll make sure to take a look at them later."

"Good! Now I want you to note that the power system there might differ from yours in your old world. Though they function the same, the world there has something called status."

"Status?"

Suddenly, a white screen appeared in front of me and it displayed things about me.

Name: Aiden Silver

Age: 18

Sex: Male

Race: Human(Deceased)

Title: ???????, Maia's Champion.

Blessings: Aditi's Blessing( Blocked)

Stats

HP:0(500)

STR:80        DEF:83     M.RES:87

AGI:90             P.RES: 94

STA:95             RES: 181

MANA: 140     M.PWR: 82

MAGIC: PARTICLE MANIPULATION

SKILLS:

(Aditi's Blessing)LIMIT-?????

(Aditi's Blessing)UNLIMITED-????

"That's your status. Additional info will automatically load into your status screen once you're there. Do note that other champions have a God or a Goddess as their backer. No, are you ready? "

"Yes. I'm ready."

I was nervous, but I can't let it take over me. So I answered without any hesitation. I'm pretty excited about how my new powers work and all.

(I can't wait to see my family again...)

"Ufufufufu...don't worry. We will always be there for you as your backer. All I hope is for you to succeed."

"Thank you. And farewell."

After giving my thanks, I closed my eye. I could feel the scenery around me quickly changed. 

(Here I come.)

Once I opened my eyes, I found myself inside a castle with many people inside. They were surprised at first by my sudden appearance, but it looks like they knew I was coming and then proceeded to kneel in front of me.

"We welcome you, Your Highness."

They all greeted me in full vigor. An old man wearing a tunic and a beautiful woman in a red dress also greeted me.

"Welcome, Your Highness."

I was about to reply but before I could even reply, I was assaulted by a sudden burst of pain.

(Goddamnit! I forgot that my race will change randomly now that I'm here!!.)

It felt like my innards changing. My body felt like I was submerged in acids, being changed to the smallest part of my being. I couldn't take it anymore and I collapsed. The last thing I heard was the commotion of the people in the hall.

"-ur inn- es!"(Your Highness!!)

Everything around me turned black as I lose my consciousness. I think I'll consider darkness as my friend now. We meet too often.

(Damnit! What a way to start my career as a king.)

And thus the first contact I had in the otherworld that I should conquer, ended up in an epic embarrassment.

15