1. I love you
536 6 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Aiden Silver. 

I am the young lord of a small noble family in the outskirts of the Kingdom of Sever. My family is known as the Silver Family. We are a military house and we rose to nobility due to the achievements my grandfather, Abraham Silver, achieved in the last war over a century ago when he was still a young knight.

"Good morning, young master."

"Good morning. Shasha, please prepare the training grounds."

"As you wish, young master."

Today I'm doing my usual routine consisting of exercises and battle practice first thing in the morning and studies in the afternoon. Each house has a unique battle style and techniques and it is my responsibility to learn every bit of details of our family-style. To be a strong and competent ruler.

"Big Brother!!!!!."

I was about to change my clothes for simple training gear when someone came rushing towards me, hitting me making me almost fall to the ground.

Thud

Before I could even try to speak she already pinned me down to the ground.

"Big Brother, where are you going?"

This is my sister, Adelaide Silver. She has white silvery hair, reaching her back. Her eyes were scarlet and her lips were pink. Her body was slender and pretty developed for her age, which was 14. Her skin was as white as the snow in the north.

Similarly, I have the same features. White hair, scarlet eyes, super white skin, and a body almost perfect. Mind you, at the age of 18. If shit does get real, I think I can defuse it with just my face. I'm just joking.

"I'm just going to have my morning training. And also, what you are doing right now is not what a young noble lady should do."

"I don't care. I'm more afraid of you leaving me brother."

She stopped and tears were starting to form in her eyes. She tightened her grip on me and began to cry silent tears.

I sighed. 

This is because of our appearance. As young noble, we need to socialize with other young nobles to form bonds and groups to fit in with. Ideals, goals, dreams, and blood ties are a huge part of forming a group. But we can't fit in, due to our appearance.

 We are the descendants of a certain unknown being. Nobody knows what that being is except for the fact that they possess white hair, scarlet eyes, and a perfect constitution. Our lifespan is longer than an average human and we are also stronger than the humans at birth. Our grandfather possessed the same features too but for some reason, this doesn't apply to everyone in our family. Only affecting me and my sister since my grandfather's time.

Discrimination was almost a normal thing for me. But even though I was already used to it, it was too much for my little sister. Even though my grandfather achieved many achievements, he was given a territory full of monsters and bandits. Well, in the end, our grandfather managed to succeed and turned the dangerous land into a prosperous land to live in.

"It's ok, I'm not going anywhere. I promise. "

"Really?"

"Really. Now get off me and let me get to my training."

"Ehehehe~ Thank you, big brother!"

She stood up and wiped her tears.

"Breakfast is almost ready. So let's eat after your training big brother."

"Thank you but you should eat first. I'm gonna be training longer than usual for today"

"Awwwww.See you later than big brother."

"See you later."

Now to the training grounds.

Training Grounds

(Haaahh. I'm already tired even though I still haven't done my morning practice.)

While complaining inside my head, I walked towards our training grounds. Our training grounds are big and spacious, 30m by 18m in length and width.

Today I'm practicing magic. Magic is formed when Mana is used to influencing reality by the will of the caster. The source for the mana is called the "Heart Core". Magic is important since it made the impossible meaningless, still, it has limitations.

Limitations are a curse in this world. Once a person reaches the "Limit", he/she is doomed to never grow and has to only utilize what he/she has. A limit is determined during the Orion ceremony. How it is determined is vague but legends say that a spirit of the Goddess Orion, enters our body and check since our body is the vessel for magic and growth.

 How great your body is and how well it can hold your growth will determine how far you can go. The good thing, however, is that if you get to do feats that are significant enough, you have a chance that your limit is moved to a higher level giving you a chance to grow even more.

Magic has 9 classifications. Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Dark, Light, Space, Time, and the Singular as the 9th classification. Each with different traits and difficulty to master. The singular however is a special case, this is tuned for the person who is compatible with it. The user will then have unique magic that he/ she can only do. Unlike the other classifications that need the caster to tune their body to the element, they are compatible with to increase efficiency.

My magic is particle manipulation under the 9th classification, Singular. I can manipulate any particles and make them follow my will though it will. Enabling me to do all the other classifications with minimal difficulty. Though where I am will also affect its potency and power. 

That's why I was able to fool everyone. We can get our magic classification at the age of 10. Those without Mana can have a chance to use aura, separate from magic. 

(Those were tough times. I had to hide it from everyone and fool them I was a fire mage which was tiring. Now let's see.)

I channeled my mana to manipulate light particles and materialize it with a coat of mana to control its shape to create something like a rod and threw it upwards.

Zipp

My light rod immediately disappeared to who knows where. 

(*Whistle. If I fuse it with another element to add more damage capabilities than in theory I havcan can do in the future, I felt someone's presence approaching me silently.

(Heh. You think you can scare me huh.)

Immediately I manipulated the light around me to appear invisible and went to the area where the presence was.

"Ahem ahem."

"Kyaaaaaaaa! Young master....."

"Hey there."

This cute little animal here is Sharon, one of the maids here in our house. She is Shasha's little sister who is currently a maid on training.

"You know you shouldn't stalk your master like that."

"Ah eh umm...I'm sorry."

As you can see she's a shy girl but that's one just of her charms.

"Is it time for breakfast now?"

"Ahh eh yes .......young master. The patriarch is calling for you to eat."

"All right. Let me change my clothes first. Can you help me do it?"

"Eeekkkk....ahhh Ummm.... yes."

After that, I changed my clothes with the help of Sharon. She was avoiding eye contact with me all the time and was fidgeting all the time. In short, it was cute.

I entered the dining hall and in there, my cute little sister was munching on her food joyfully. The atmosphere was light and it seemed like we were just a normal family.

My father's name is Henry Gram Silver. He looks young but he is already in his forties. My mother's name is Eliza Frausia Silver, I do not know her age since she would just start pummeling me to the ground if I asked about it. She's very beautiful though, in fact, she's one of the most beautiful women in the Kingdom. They're the kind of parents that won't stop at anything for the sake of their family, and territory. 

My grandfather only had two children, my father and then my aunt. He only had one wife so we don't have any relatives. My father only married my mother and didn't turn to get any concubines. When did I ask why? He said if he did he wouldn't live long since my mother won't allow it, and he a believer in a monogamous relationship. 

"Good morning Father, Mother."

"Umu, come sit down."

"Good morning dear~~"

My father is stiff for some reason. And my mother is energetic than usual. I wonder why?

"So what's up?"

I was curious so I asked what is up. 

"Urk! * Cough *cough"

"??"

"Oh dear~~"

Father suddenly choked on his food and Mother just smiled, amused with my confusion and my father's reaction.

"Ohhhh! That's because the mother is a pregnant big brother!"

I turned to my sister who had a wide smile on her face.

"Eh?!"

"I was shocked too. Mother told me before we started eating. Of course, Father didn't know that Mother told me the news."

"Ufufufufu. Are you surprised?"

(Surprised? Of course, I am!)

"Congratulations Father, Mother!"

"Thank you, my son. But that's not the only news we have for you. Right, dear?"

My Mother passed the baton to my Father and he sighed.

"Right.

The atmosphere turned serious all of the sudden. My Father look liked he was hesitant to tell me but ultimately decided to.

"It's time for your trial."

When I heard what my father said, I was relieved but at the same time a little sad. The trial in our family is for me to cut ties with the family for a certain amount of time to experience the outside world. I must make connections, make companions and try to be successful in what I do without the help and influence of my status.

"I understand Father."

My mother sighed.

"Dear, just remember to be careful at all times ok?"

"..............."

My mother is worried about me and my little sister is not saying anything. I guess she's sad that I'm gonna be away for a while.

"Tomorrow is your first day of the 1-year trial that you will face. I trust in you my son. Spread your wings and try to find your own identity, and come back home with your success."

I nodded and tried to uplift the atmosphere.

It worked and we finished our breakfast like I won't be gone for a while year. 

The next day

The whole day yesterday I was packing everything I needed for my journey. My sister stayed with me the whole time though. Sharon also helped me but she wasn't in the best mood so I also spent time with her. What we did is a secret though.

(Haaahh.)

I sighed and opened the main door. It was dawn but my family was at the entrance of our manor waiting for me. I approached them and prepared myself to give them my farewell.

"Father, Mother. I'm going."

"Umu, just remember. What you will accomplish outside will be useful for you later in your life. So do your best."

"Your Father is right dear. Be careful ok? I love you."

"I love you too Mother. "

After them, I turned to my sister.

"Adelaide."

My sister didn't answer me but instead started crying.

 "Shush. It's ok, I'll be back in a year you know. And won't you become a big sister after Mother gives birth?"

"Mhm."

"Stop crying and start practicing being a big sister, ok? Can you promise me that?"

"Mhm. Yes, Big Brother."

After I said my farewells I stepped outside. It wasn't my first time going out, but knowing I'll be gone for a year is sad. I wasn't still that far from my manor when a white flash suddenly appeared in the sky.

(What the...)

It was so bright that it looked like it was already morning.

Everything was silent for a while. Until the sound of something big falling from the sky roared. 

"Times up."

A mysterious voice echoed and the world was like....crying. I can feel it. I can feel something bad is going to happen. So I immediately went back to check on my family. I saw them and they were trying to tell me to turn back, but I didn't care.

Suddenly a loud sound erupted.

Boom!!!

I was blown away by the explosion

"Cough! Cough! Ah, that hurts."

Pain assaulted my body. 

(Oh no....no no-no)

I thought of the worse. I was shaking. I manipulated the dust to let me get a clear look at the area.

(Oh no...please no... Father, Mother, Adelaide!! Everyone!!!)

And then my fear came true. A gigantic rock fell on our manor. Killing everyone. Including my family.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! FUCK FUCK FUCK AHHHHHHHH. FATHER! MOTHER, ADELAIDE!!"

I just lost everything I had. My family. My loved ones. I started crying, screaming all my pain. Hoping it was just a dream. That I would wake up from this nightmare. I was so in pain that I didn't notice what was happening around me.

The sky was filled with the same rock that fell on my family. All kind of disasters was happening around me. The screams of despair and fear echoed along with the sound of the super-strong winds shredding through everyone. 

I didn't care anymore. I just closed my eyes, hoping I could meet my family in the afterlife.

And then silence fell.

The world was wrecked. Few were still breathing. Mountains destroyed and the seas dried up. The fire spread and covered the lands. 

Amidst all these, a woman was floating around the remains of the world. 

"Ah, my child. You have lost everything you loved, and all of you have treasured. Rest assured, even though you lost everything. I will become your everything, soon enough. I'll see you soon there ." 

She was beautiful. Her voice was lovely. Yet at the same time, it was filled with sadness. 

"I love you"

Suddenly, I felt warmth all over my body. 

She disappeared after her last words.

And the world was silent once more.

15