4. The World and my Heart Core.: Backlash
237 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi! Sorry that I haven't posted a chapter for a while now. I was busy doing my modules(shout-out to my Filipino readers). But hey, I'm back with a chapter so enjoy!

"You are the 4th King to have appeared before us, Your Majesty."

(4th?)

I thought that once I'm transferred here, I would start with nothing. And then try to get the leadership of a village with charisma, strength, wits and start from there. 

"Explain."

I urged to him explain immediately and so he didn't dawdle and explained.

"The 1st King and the 2nd King made our domain one of the strongest and the wealthiest in the continent. Our land was vast with more than 10 million citizens. Our military might was strong and would always win battles with the leadership from the King. But the 3rd King has made a mistake when he decided to attack a rival Kingdom. We failed and so our territory was annexed."

"The late king died in the hands of King Sieg Molex when we were chased during the retreat. And after his death, the capital was teleported to another location along with the residents. At first, we were confused about what to do but then a messenger of the Council informed us of a new King to give us a chance to lead us to our former glory. And that is none other than you, Your Majesty."

Ding!

A screen popped up when Henry finished his explanation. 

Status Updated

Your rule begins now! 

Main task: Defeat other Champions in the region.

Defeated: 0/5

*Note - Conquer and develop your domain for the next 2 years to at least stand your ground against stronger domains.

Time left: 2 years 

(I see. There are 6 of us that just transferred here. And I need to defeat all of them.)

This whole situation might seem to be overwhelming for others but strangely I was calm. And I'm thankful for that since this means I can put all of my efforts into being successful with the task.

"Thank you for the explanation, Henry. Now I know what to do. Rest assured, I'll do my best in restoring our former glory. "

I emphasized the idea that I'm serious about this. After all, if they see me as incompetent things might go awry. The two of them seemed to have understood my intentions, making Margaret smile and Henry sigh in relief.

"Let's not waste time then. Henry do we have information of our surroundings?"

"Our scouts and armed forces have already left 3 days ago to gather info and they should return 2 days from now. "

"Good. Information is key so we should try to capitalize on it as soon we obtain it. How are the people Margaret?"

"The people are anxious but they have already settled down. As for the other citizens annexed, we don't know but the Council has stated a rule that no ordinary people shall be harmed. For some time, that is."

(So they are completely fine for now but not forever. Haaah, this is tough. Man up Azrael! You can't stumble here.)

"I see. Then let's make that one of our top priorities. For now, gather the soldiers and abled men after the scouts arrive."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

Both of them nodded enthusiastically, come to think of it.

"By the way, what race do you guys belong to?"

"I belong to the vampire race, Your Majesty."

"While I belong to the succubus race, the bane of men Your Majesty."

Henry and Margaret answered.

That's surprising, why didn't I notice it? Are they using magic to change their appearance?

"How come that you guys don't look like them?"

Their faces then turned grim. They looked liked they swallowed a bitter pill.

"Kings will give their people a blessing and the effects vary from people to people. This made us powerful but because we lost our king, the blessings upon us lose effect. While we may belong to that race, we can't fully utilize our abilities. All of the people we have now are affected by this."

Is the life of the people in this world depend on the person ruling? That's nasty. While this might sound bad to me but this is effective in having perfect control over the populace. 

(Now I'm having second thoughts about the Council. Are they bad or are they using this whole champion thingy to gain for the greater good? This is complicated.)

Stopping my thoughts, I turned my attention again to the two.

"That means only  I can make you guys strong again right?"

"Yes, Your Majesty. We only need you to be crowned formally in front of your people and give us your blessing during that time."

"Let's do that then. I'm thinking of doing it tomorrow morning. Is that ok?"

"Yes, there's no problem with it. We will do the necessary preparations for it."

Margaret had a happy smile on her face when she answered my question. I guess she must be happy to regain her lost abilities.

(I should study and test my abilities against their abilities once they regain them.)

I stood up satisfied with the information I have for the moment. I still have a lot of things to do but ill just go through them one by one. 

(I think I'll study the limitations of some of my abilities later. For now, I should try to focus on regaining a firm foothold before I go on a rampage.)

I chuckled at my thoughts. I don't know why but I'm excited about fighting with the others. 

"Let's end the meeting here. Margaret, prepare me a detailed report on the number of capable men we have for battle. I'll be at my quarters so just send it there."

"Yes, Your Majesty. I'll prepare it as soon as possible."

"Umu. Henry, give me a full detailed report about the capital. Structure, strategy points,  if ever there are weak points, include them as well. I need everything about it to be sent to me as soon as possible.

"As you wish, Your Majesty."

And with that, I finished one task. 

(I still got a long way to go.)

As I walk through the hallways. A conversation was happening between Henry and Margaret.

"Margaret, What do you think of His Majesty?"

Margaret didn't reply immediately. She looked outside the window and sighed.

"He reminds me of the first king."

Her face looked like a daughter missing her father dearly.

Henry perked up when he heard Margaret's answer.

"Oooooh, and why is that?"

Margaret stared at Henry and flashed a mischievous smile. 

"Heh. You already know why. I'll go on ahead, I still need to do what his majesty asked for."

Margaret stood up and went outside the room. 

"Hohohohoho"

(It looks like things will get exciting in a few days. I hope you won't let us down.)

Henry's laughter filled the room as he looked out on the horizon. The setting sun letting out its beautiful glow.

"Now then, time to do work."

The King's Sleeping Quarter

"Haaaahh. Things are complicated just as I expected."

It looks like the Council has a hidden agenda here. But whatever that is, should not be my main focus here.  For now, that is.

(I need to do things fast and efficiently to be ahead of the game. )

I already have a few ideas as to how I will proceed to do things. Though I can't do it now since I still have no grounds to start on.

"I should check my heart core first."

I already know that the power system in my old world exists here. But that also means that others also converge here too. That's a problem since others have qualities different from others and it's gonna be a headache to learn all of them. Especially, since my ability needs me to acquire knowledge of each system to be untouchable.

(But then again. Some might have secret systems or another kind of rule they are bound to, making it not all that reliable.)

I channeled my mana in my body to reinvigorate my heart core. Everything was normal until I noticed something weird.

(What's this?)

I suddenly heard voices, my head was ringing and I felt my heart core is acting out of control. Mana all around the castle was restless, mages felt a disturbance in their mana sources and knights felt a heavy pressure set upon them. 

The general population in the city didn't feel anything but clearly, that won't apply to Margaret and Henry. While all of that was happening, everything around me felt more reachable for me. Like I could tap on them more than I could in my old world. A few minutes passed before everything settled down.

(What just happened?)

Clueless about what just happened, I checked my heart core for any anomaly. Fortunately, there weren't any bad changes. 

Ding!

Your heart core has just been adjusted to further suit your ability in this world. 

*Note: Normally, you would only have your heart core adjust to the new world. But from the nature of your magic, particle manipulation. Your heart core siphoned mana and particles from the surroundings due to the reaction from the adjustment process and helped you grow.

STATUS UPDATE!

Name: Aiden Silver

Age: 18

Sex: Male

Race: Half- Vampire/ Half- Incubus. (NEW)

Title:  Goddess of Death's Chosen Lover

         Maia's Champion

Blessings: Aditi's Blessing

                  ????? Blessing (NEW)            

HP:1000

STR: 98                       MAGIC.RES:  95 -> 120

DEF: 106

AGI: 107                     PHYSICAL.RES:  113

STA(Stamina):110   MENTAL.RES:  83/198

MANA:  200 -> 321         M.PWR:  89(89.1)

LP(Life Points): 100/100 ( NEW)

(My magic-related stats increased. That's a big focus considering the amount of mana I would use to pull off complicated manipulations)

Ding!

Would you like to use your LP as your main source of energy for your spell, UNLIMIT?

Yes/No

While I was checking out the effects of my heart core, a notification popped out.

"Hmmmmmmm"

I contemplated what to pick. Picking 'no' is the most logical thing to pick here. Since this skill is so powerful and I don't want to suffer a backlash from having to lose my LP. 

(But is there a backlash in picking no?) 

Ding!

Choosing No will have an equally heavy backlash. Once deactivating the skill, you will have a random curse affliction for 7 days. The worst-case scenario is losing your life.

*Note: Using LP-only uses your life energy, an extension of your soul. Using mana uses up a part of the world's energy, and there are no such things as infinite mana. The world will do its best to eliminate you, the anomaly.

(I can't believe that I didn't overreact to the system just reading my thoughts. So what's it gonna be?)

I went to full focus mode and contemplated what to think.in the end, after processing the whole pros and cons. I chose Yes as the answer. Having the world think that you're an anomaly will become a big problem for me. And I don't want that.

"So how do I replenish my LP points?"

Ding!

You can recover your LP points by drinking blood and having sex. Since you're a vampire and incubi. 

You will also increase your max LP through this method.

*Note: It is recommended to do both at the same time to increase efficiency.

"................"

Fuck

9