5. A Hero’s Path and the Queen
236 11 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi everyone! Another chapter is here and I just want to ask you guys for your thoughts starting from chap 1 to this current chap. It's gonna help me as a guide to avoid red flags you know? Thanks! Enjoy the chap!

(Fuck)

I cursed at what the system told me.

(Am I going to be like the heroes of the past in my world?)

According to the records left in my world before it went ka-boom, is that heroes who roamed the lands had an army of women. Most of these heroes gain powers when doing intimate things.

(My father loathed this kind of power.)

Given that it messed up, it's also very insulting to the real meaning of the act. 

(Guess I'll have to resort to drinking blood then.)

I have to avoid going down that path for as long as I can. Besides, that's not the main tag for this journey. I'll have to ask Henry for tips and tricks since he has more experience in being a vampire.

I lied down on the bed since my body was feeling heavy from the heart core adjustments.

(Ahhhh, I can't wait for tomorrow.)

Tomorrow I will be the formal king to the people.

(Am I going to be successful in this oath?)

Doubt and fear suddenly crept up to me from the depths called expectation. My heart was beating fast and I can feel my head getting dizzy.

( I have made promises and decided to move forward so why am I mulling over such things?)

I stood up and shook the heavy feelings and closed my eyes.

(Particle Manipulation)

I channeled my mana and manipulated the light coming from the window and formed it into a spear. Infused it with the fire attribute and threw it as far as I could.

Fwwippp

The spear ripped through the air and disappeared before I could even blink again.

(Haaaahh, this always works.)

Every time I feel frustrated or confused, I always make a light spear and throw it as far as I could. Believing that my problems will go away.

(I should sleep now.)

I lied down again on the comfy bed and closed my eyes to sleep.

Somewhere obviously away from Azrael's castle

Whoosh

A line of white flashed through forest and mountain causing a blazing inferno in everything on its path. Nothing was spared from its path, everything was burned down to the ashes. 

Booom!!

The white flash finally hit something stopping its destruction spree.

A castle barrier.

Many cracks were formed in the barrier, causing commotion and confusion to the people inside.

"What happened?!"

"Sir, the outer barrier and the middle barrier were hit by something unknown and are already falling apart as of now!"

"What?!"

The officer was in disbelief, making a barrier was not easy at all. Aside from needing lots of elite mages and magic artisans, it also needs a lot of mana stones or mana cores. Just from the materials needed will take a while to replenish. Giving a window of vulnerability to the enemies.

"Quick! Tell the Queen of this immediately. Tell her it's an emergency especially since we don't know who or what attacked us.

"Hah!"

The soldier ran fast as he could into the castle to report.

"Haaahh. Looks like peacetime is nearing its end. How troublesome."

Inside the throne room of the castle, many people with high standings were present. They were having a meeting when some of them felt a shiver run down their spine. They were confused about what they just felt. They were about to dismiss it when a messenger came inside the hall.

"Your Majesty!! I have a report! It's an emergency!"

The messenger was breathing heavily and was barely catching up his breath.

"Your Majesty.."

An old man dressed in a magic coat, holding a fancy-looking cane turned to the woman on the throne with otherworldly beauty. She has assets perfect in all aspects. She has white hair and red eyes and was in a beautiful blood-red dress.

"Speak"

The messenger was dazed by her beauty and almost forgot how to speak.

"Ah ah, the barriers! An unknown attack hit our barriers, decimating the outer and mid barrier. No one was hurt, but the fact that someone or something caused this much damage is alarming!"

"............."

Everyone was shaken by the report. The cause of the collapse of their outer and mid barrier is by an attack, so the attack must have been stupidly strong to destroy them in one go. 

The queen didn't show any kind of reaction and only turned her head to the window. She was looking towards the area in her capital where the barrier collapsed. 

(Seer's Eyes.)

The queen's eyes flashed in an even darker red color and scanned the entire capital. 

Silence filled the room and no one dared to speak. They might disturb her and incurring her displeasure was the last thing they want.

"I see"

The queen suddenly smiled like a little girl that has found her long-lost treasure. Everyone was surprised by the face the queen was making except for the old man who understood the meaning of her smile.

"Everyone, be on alert. Try repairing the barriers as soon as possible and make our armies in full preparation for war."

"Haah!"

Everyone in the hall answered their queen in full vigor and left to do the task they were given. Except for the old man by her side.

"Your Majesty"

The queen didn't answer and was still staring outside the window.

"Your Majesty.."

"Yes?"

"Is it time?"

The queen turned around and stared at the old man.

"Yes, yes. It is already time. He has come."

"Dear brother has finally come...."

12