6. Coronation and Attack
184 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chirp chirp

"Hoooooo."

Today is the day of my coronation so I woke up early to do my usual routine back in my old world. I was accompanied by a small group of guards to ensure I don't get lost.

After finishing a few laps around the castle, I gazed over the busy workers preparing for the event. They were busy moving around, prepping for a smooth coronation.

"Looks like the preparation is going smoothly."

"Of course, Your Majesty. A leader is what we need right now."

The man who answered me just now is Falk Gnomer. He's the captain of the castle guards. He stood 2 melos(meters) tall and has a broad and bulky body. He donned black and gold armor and a huge war ax over his shoulder. His face was also quite scary but after having a jog together this morning, I realized that wasn't true at all since he's a kind and easy-going person.

"Heh. A leader huh."

Silence fell for a moment as my thoughts wander.

"Your Majesty?"

"Hm? Oh, nothing. Falk, lead me to the dining hall. I'm hungry already."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

As we move through the beautiful halls of the castle. I began to think of what to say in front of the people.

Oh no. Come to think of it, this is the first time I'm speaking in front of a large group of people.

I had lessons on proper ways to speak like a true noble in front of the people back when I was still a student. But the stage right now is much bigger than what I'm used to.

I'm nervous, yet at the same time excited.

As I try to form a good speech for the coronation in my mind, we reached the dining hall. It's my first time seeing it since I ate in my room yesterday after passing out. 

As a recently fallen monarchy, the dining hall still retained its glory and beauty. It boasted beautiful sets of artistic designs and paintings on the walls, lights, furniture, and everything normal for a great kingdom.

I sat down and ate what the chefs in the castle prepared for me and checked the food using my magic to see if it was poisoned or not. I wasn't entirely sure if everyone was ok with me considering I just suddenly appeared. Even though I know for a fact that the people here need a king to up their abilities, I think it is necessary to be cautious.

The food was delicious and happily ate it once after ensuring there was no poison. The food consisted of white bread, a slew of meat dishes, fish, a strange soup that made me energetic once I tasted it, and a cup of wine.

After eating, I ordered the maids to give some of the untouched food to my guards and for them. They immediately refused, saying it would cost them their lives if they eat the same food that they prepared for me. 

I insisted and successfully made them follow my orders. This incident made me realize how the general people saw the king, a god.

A little pissed off of how fuck up this world is, I ordered Falk to call my soon-to-be trusty helpers in the throne room and was surprised at how they suddenly appeared in front of me.

"Good morning, Your Majesty."

Both greeted me in high spirits and oblivious to how surprised 

"Good morning. Care to explain to me how you guys just appeared out of nowhere?"

"We left a tele-rune in here to immediately respond to your call when you need us, Your Majesty. We apologize for not telling you this in advance." Henry

Hoooo~. This tele-rune that they are talking about must be a cool way to implement magic and technology. I assume that they infused a teleport spell in a medium to create a rune and made it so that they are the only ones that can use it? 

"I see. Tell me more about how they work and how to make them later. For now, I want to ask if preparations are done."

I really want to know how this works since my Encode and Infuse skills can improve if I can comprehend it but the coronation will have to go first in my priorities.

"Everything is done, Your Majesty. We now only need to dress you for it. We have already prepared the clothes." 

Margaret answered since she was the one in charge of the preparations.

"Good. Send the clothes to my quarters."

"Ufufufufufu~ Can I help you change, Your Majesty?"

I flinched when Margaret suddenly went into full seductive mode. Even Henry looked at her in disbelief.

What is wrong with you woman? Still, I kept my composure and tried to make a comeback.

"No thanks, since I don't know if I can control myself if you help me change. I might gobble you up and delay the coronation."

I stared into her eyes and tried my best to deliver my comeback in the most badass way possible, and it worked! Margaret backed down and only answered back with shy a smile. Her cheeks were tinted in red, a sign of how effective my words were to control this erotic woman. Meanwhile, Henry looked relieved since I managed to establish how I think. 

Think with your 'heads'. ( wink)

After the weird conversation, I went to my quarters and changed into the clothes Margaret prepared for me. The clothes were the ones of their highest quality. 

I wore a long obsidian-colored long robe and a blood-red cape. The robe has gold lines and embellishments while the cape was also donned with gold and white lines.  An opening is also evident in the center of the cape for my wings to go through.

"I look different."

My usual look is devoid of any outlandish feels despite being a young master of a powerful house in my old world. I was not interested in flaunting what I have to others and was adverse to the idea of flaunting things I can't back up with my abilities.

"Hoooh.. now I'm ready."

I went outside my room and saw Margaret and Henry waiting for me.

When they saw me, they stood in awe before Henry snapped out of it and made a comment.

"You look amazing, Your Majesty. I must say, Margaret's taste in clothing worked out well for you."

 Henry's comment made Margaret forced her out from dazing and smiled, happy and content from the payoff of her efforts.

"Now then, shall we start?"

"Yes, Your Majesty."

I followed them as they lead me to the balcony where hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people expecting to see me. 

I was astonished by the sheer number of people and how enthusiastic they were when they saw me come out.

"Good luck, Your Majesty. The balcony has a sound amplifying magic rune so you can speak normally and they will still hear you."

I nodded and faced the expectant people and heaved a long sigh to regain my composure, raised my right hand to stop any noise, and spoke.

"Greetings, everyone. I am Azrael Ernesh Mortem, a chosen person by the gods to help you all from your situation. I know that many of you are afraid of what's to come in your whole ordeal. And believe me when I say that I'm also a victim too."

I started with the idea that I'm the same as them. Making them feel that I am one of them will make it easier for me to connect with them. Everyone was silent and was listening intently.

"I was but a young boy who was satisfied with what I had, yet in the grand scheme of faith and the whims of incomprehensible gods, got involved in it and lost everything I had.  It was painful, and I know that we feel the same thing."

Their faces turned grim once I spoke about losses. The feeling is still fresh in them since it has been that long. But that is important since I want us to have a common enemy.

"And so I have accepted the task, to gain the chance to regain what I have lost."

Somehow, memories of my family appeared in my mind tears are forming up in my eyes making me stop momentarily. I shook my head and continued nevertheless, to not let my emotions take over me right now.

"And I invite everyone! To join me, in regaining what we have lost! Friends, lovers, family members, and everything that we have grown to love and cherish. Our heart says we give up, but I suggest we say that we fight!"

"Now I'm gonna ask you all! Are you willing to follow me? As your King through these tough times? Are you willing to not give up and stay firm?"

"Oooohhhhhhh"

Everyone answered in a thunderous roar of cries and shouts. It was loud but the way I hear it, affirmation. To fight and gain what was ours, and everything that we cherished dearly.

"From today onwards! I call our nation Mortem! I declare that we will rise despite going through many arduous challenges. The only ways are up and up is where we shall go! And I bless everyone to be strong and excellent in everything."

White light descended upon everyone and was blessed just like words. I guess the blessing of the king is in effect now.

"Ooohhhhhhhhh"

"Mortem!"

"Mortem!"

"Mortem!"

"All Hail the King!"

Henry shouted and that made everyone follow. And once again, thunderous shouts of joy of hope echoed in the whole city. 

Everyone was high in spirits after I addressed them and I was happy I was able to achieve it, considering that I was but a mere stranger to them. Appreciating the results, I turned my attention to the two who were clapping.

"Amazing. I haven't seen the people riled up like that since the speech from the first king."

Margaret complimented me and Henry nodded in agreement.

"I agree. And now that we have already received our blessing, we can finally move forward with more options and ease."

"Now we only have to"

I was about to say that I want to have a look around the capital when suddenly I felt danger. Just a second later a loud boom echoed as our barrier was hit by something and formed a crack.

Henry and Margaret looked in the skies and frowned.

"We are under attack."

Ah shit, here we go again.

8