Chapter 8. The Father and his rewards.
264 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few kilometers away from Azrael's castle is the army that attacked the castle. They were marching at high speeds, hoping that they won't be chased down. 

"Damn it!"

A man in his early 20's gripped his chair so hard that it broke while cursing. His name is Sakamoto Taiga, a Champion chosen from the land of the rising sun. He wore his chosen white armor with intricate designs of gold and on his side is a sword that is similar to a medieval knight's sword.  All this compliments his beautiful black eyes and shoulder-length black hair. 

"Your Highness, a message from the Lone Queen has arrived."

A soldier with long robes came, bowed, and handed him a parchment. 

"Fuck. I just lost and now a bitch is trying to bug me. "

Cursing once again after knowing the sender. He begrudgingly opened it and muttered a spell.

"Receive."

Moments later after muttering the spell. A myriad of colors descended to the parchment, slowly forming words until a whole message was formed.

Taiga read the letter but as he went through the parchment, he also slowly descended into madness. 

"That bitch! After all that I went through and this is all I get? Fuck you! If only you weren't backed by the Goddess of Death, I would have already marched through your castle gates and bang you until you meet your Goddess!"

Taiga was fuming with anger after reading the content in the parchment. The content there specifically highlighted two words.

' coward ' and ' useless '

' If only you guys were on my place and you have understood why I pulled out.' Taiga thought.

The mana-sucking barrier and a spell that sucked the air around a certain radius that his men faced was too sudden for his men to think of a countermeasure. He didn't even feel the second spell hit them before his vanguard slowly fell one by one. 

"If I continued my probing there, I would lose more men and only the rest of you will enjoy the gains. Just because I'm at the bottom of the current rankings doesn't mean I'm one of your lackeys. Soon, all of you...will bow down to the hidden God in this world. Which is me! Fufufufufufufu...HAHAHAHAAHAHAH."

After a long complaint about his current situation, he started laughing loudly. It turns out, he was a chuuni.

In a cemetery far away from the chuunibyou, a woman is seen to be walking around the graveyard. She donned her perfect purple hair that went down as low as her supple bottom. Her eyes were black like the abyss, this matched the color of her lips and her jet black dress that held her huge boobas, which complimented her plain white skin. 

'Caaaw caaaww caaaww'

A crow slowly descended from the skies and before it could even land, it shapeshifted into a blindfolded man and bowed down to her.

"I have successfully sent the message to your Dog, My Queen."

"Fufufufu...Good job. And One, what do you think of the youngling that just arrived?"

The Queen spoke in a jovial manner, her voice was seductive but it staunched of something sinister, like Death.

"From what I saw from your Dog's work, he seems troublesome. He is full of potential and more importantly, I sense the presence of our Mother from him."

One answered her Queen wholeheartedly. In truth, he felt weird seeing the Champion he investigated. Something in him screamed of bowing down to him and obey him, which he loathed since he was only loyal to his Queen and the  Mother of all.

"Of course, since he is chosen to be our Father. Aaah... I can't wait to face him. Surely he is special since our Mother chose him don't you think?"

"I also think so, My Queen."

"Fufufufu.. then One, we shouldn't let this stalemate go on any longer. Now that the last piece is here, things are about to get heated. Aaaahhhnnn... the amount of deaths in the future excites me."

"As you wish, My Queen."

The Queen twitched like a woman in heat and let out hot gasps but One didn't mind her and transformed again as a crow and flew away.

"I'll be waiting for you, Father. Fufufufufufufu."

When she was finally alone, she became one with the shadows and made her exit. While her sultry laughter filled the gloomy cemetery.

~Azrael's PoV~

After taking care of the pests, I finally got to relax and lie down in my chambers. Even though I still have a lot of problems now, I shouldn't let them get to me. 

"Is it possible that the time of arrival of my rivals differ from mine? How are they be able to find me if they have no awareness established in the Region? Then the only explanation is that they arrived before me and gained the upper hand in the competition."

How unfair! The ones responsible in the higher realms for the fight in this region must be crazy for making it in this format. I'm surrounded and they have the upper hand.

"Fuck!"

I got up from my bed, angry about the situation is in. But I don't have any say in this, the only thing I can do is fight my way to the top in this region and fight those from the other regions. I moved to my window, about to do my favorite stress reliever when I suddenly remembered about the reward I got from taking care of the enemy forces earlier. 

"System. Check rewards."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ding!

You currently have one reward chest in your inbox. Would you like to receive your reward?

Y/N

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I chose yes immediately and suddenly, bright white light assaulted me. It took a few seconds for the light to subside before I was able to take a look at what I received.

"A book?"

I felt disappointed with the reward that I got until I read the cover of the book.

" ~The Wonder Of The Things Around You~...What's it made up of?...."

A book about the things around me? Is the system joking? 

' I am NOT. Champion. '

Suddenly the system answered my question and I feel like its angry. And then it hit me. 

"System. Open Ability Tab. Manipulator of Creations."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ding!

Manipulator of the Creations(NEW)- lets you alter the things present in REALITY to your liking, at the cost of your LP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Things present in reality.....then that means..."

Using this book, I will gain knowledge of my surroundings on its minuscule level! Further opening possibilities for my ability to exploit!

"Thank you System! With this, I should be able to close the gap from my rivals."

'.......your welcome......'

In my excitement, I thank the non-sentient System but now I feel like it's sentient.

Liked the chapter? Give it a heart and comment to let me know your thoughts!

5