Chapter 3: Do you want to be a hero?
305 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"If the slots mean I can have 14 summons at the moment and I already have one then that means there are 13 more to go. Seems it'll be randomized but that shouldn't be too bad... Any spirit is good, wonder what Flare can do... Damn I'm rumbling on'' Izuku was talking quietly to himself as he wrote down information in his burnt hero notebook. Volume 13, the same volume he had with the new hero, Mount Lady, on the page before this.

He had already said fuck it and stopped fighting Izuku's personality and such, making him like this. When he first realized he did attempt to fight it again, only to realize that this wasn't necessarily a bad thing. All it really did was make him more like Izuku... this also included the hero obsession. He had already beat himself up for not grabbing onto All Might. As far as he could tell, One For All would have been a good quirk to have... not that he would ever know now.

'In the original I didn't have a quirk...' Izuku thought to himself with a sigh as he continued to write ways to train his gamer power. [Gamer's Body] and [Gamer's Mind] would need to be tested as well, Immunity to psychological status effects? He wanted to see just how far that would go. As sweat was dripping down his forehead and onto the paper, Izuku moved on to note about [Gamer's Body].

He had tested it, not on purpose of course, but with Bakugou's beating and the slime villain as well, he had concluded he couldn't take normal damage anymore. With this he made a few plans to test it out later as well.

As Izuku walked down the sidewalk, mumbling to himself and writing down new hero plans, he didn't notice the boy that was standing still looking at a man's bloodied body lying on the ground. The boy was around his age, blue hair, as well as gleaming blue eyes. Though they were more dull at the moment seeing the slime villain had thrown his father against the wall, killing him on accident.

"Hm?" Izuku stopped in place, looking back at the boy wearing a shocked expression as his ice cream slowly fell to the ground. "Uh... A-Are you okay?" Izuku asked. His social skills weren't the best now, but he would get over it. Seeing the boy not answer Izuku looked around at the empty streets and sidewalks as no one was currently passing through at this time.

"Uh... hello?" Izuku said once again walking forward after putting his notebook into his backpack, thinking this was more important. The boy seemed to be distressed, and always wanting to be a hero... Izuku thought he could help...

"M-My... Dad" The boy said before falling to his knees as Izuku turned his head to the right, seeing the disfigured and bloodied body of the boy's dad. Izuku sharply inhaled as he could immediately tell the man was dead. No one could be alive with that many injuries... even his neck was twisted all the way around. Izuku was able to stay calm though, another thing to add to his notes on [Gamer's Mind].

Looking ahead, Izuku immediately recognized the slime man, who seemed to be ignoring them as he started forcing his way into a struggling Bakugou... "Huh?... Kacchan!" Izuku yelled with a shocked expression just as a blonde man appeared at the entrance of the alley, seeing a man he knew, dead on the ground and a green haired kid, the same green haired kid he had saved not even 30 minutes before reaching here, rushing toward the Slime villain he had accidentally let escape due to a hole in his pants pocket.

‘That kid again…’ All Might thought to himself as he bent down and looked at the man’s body, he couldn’t do anything to help right now, his quirk time had run out. The best thing he could do is get these guys to safety… it was at this moment that All Might realized something… this bloodied face… disfigured body… it belonged to a hero he once knew… Akahito Hado, a small time hero but a hero nonetheless. This man had admired him… and now he was dead on the ground as his son looked at the body still in complete shock.

“Aka...Akahito?” All Might muttered under his breath as his face paled. Looking forward he saw the green haired kid running in slow motion, seemingly to save his friend.

Just as Izuku was going to use [Bind] once more to take care of the slime man, He was blown off his feet by a shockwave. What was that shockwave?... It was All Might, fully transformed once again, enraged at his friend's death, and running towards the villain at top speed.

“A-All Might?” Izuku said as he was blown back by wind pressure, slamming against the asphalt with a hard thud.

-6 Hp

Izuku quickly sat up, not feeling any pain due to [Gamer’s Body], yet another note to add in his notebook. Seeing All Might punching forward slamming his fist into the villain and causing it to spread all over the alleyway, Izuku looked on at the scene in shock.

“U-Uh… All Might?” Izuku whispered to himself seeing the man standing there, breathing heavily as the slime was nowhere to be seen, it was like it had completely disappeared.

“I… Am here…” All Might said with a sad melancholic tone to his voice as he was holding an unconscious bakugou. He had aimed enough to not injure the boy, but it did kill the villain… something All Might was very aware of.

A few minutes of standing there while Izuku looked on in shock and the boy from earlier barely starting to regain his senses, All Might's body started to steam.

‘Oh right… That was in the show right?’ Izuku thought to himself as reporters and other heroes came to the scene, taking Bakugou and thanking All Might, who quickly jumped into the sky, not wanting to be seen after his outraged punch, The Symbol of Peace isn't supposed to kill...

Izuku quickly left as well, but, seeing the dead body being covered up and the boy from earlier being tended to, He walked up to pay some respects. It was the least he could do as he thought this must be the reason All Might had done what he did.

Store [Akahito ???’s Disfigured Body] Into inventory?

[Yes] [No]

‘Huh?’ Izuku opened his eyes at the notification, and seeing what the system was asking looked down at it in shock. He had been too excited to look at the other functions of the system, so he forgot about the inventory.

Clicking yes in his head out of sheer excitement, Izuku realized what he had done, He had just taken a dead body! That must be a crime somewhere!

Skill Gained!

[Quirk: Danger Sense] (Passive)-F:
Sense when danger is nearby (10 feet, Distance goes up each rank)

“Huh?” Izuku said to himself before looking around and seeing no one looking at him. Quickly dumping the dead body out of his inventory he ran away from the alley, not seeing the hidden blonde skinny man watching him as he ran away.


“Phew… I… did not expect that'' Izuku said to himself as he stopped a couple of blocks away from the scene. “Wait a second…” Izuku sighed and rested his head against the wall, realizing he had gone the opposite direction of getting home.

“Kid!” A man’s voice reached Izuku’s ears causing him to turn his head and see a skinny, frail looking blonde man with hair sticking every which way.

“Ah crap it’s a pedo!” Izuku yelled, jumping back and getting into an attack stance. Upon further inspection however, he felt the man seemed almost… familiar.

“Wait nani?!... No No…” The man looked around, making sure there were no people or cameras that could catch him before his body became huge. “I am here!” He said in a loud deep voice before steam was released from his body as he shrunken back down, blood spewing from his mouth as Izuku looked on in shock.

“A-All Might?!” Izuku yelled loudly as All Might nodded with his signature smile. Though the smile felt weird seeing as the man wasn’t what he was used to.

“Yes, Kono All Might Da!”

“...”

Izuku and All Might stared at each other in silence before Izuku nodded slowly and fell face first into the ground. “Meeting All Might twice in one day, although he’s a bit different. Ah man I should ask him if I can be a hero!” Izuku said quickly and excitedly as he pushed himself back up on his weak limbs.

As Izuku stood back up, All Might asked him his name. “U-Uh… Izuku Midoriya mister… Might?” Izuku answered as wind blew all Might’s hair as the man looked down on him and pointed his finger.

“Young Midoriya… Do you want to be a hero?!” All Might stated as leaves blew past them, Izuku’s face morphing into a shocked expression at his words.

“I-I…” Izuku paused and coughed, regaining his composure. “Uh… how?” He asked causing the dramatic effect to disappear as All Might lowered his hand and looked to the side.

“I will tell you that later… I’ll have to visit a couple of people… you have a good quirk... Well we'll talk about it later” All Might answered as his expression turned less confident and happy as the man started walking away.

‘Wait what!?’ Izuku, seeing him walk away, quickly scrambles up with his backpack on and ran after the man. “I-I’ll come too… I don’t need to be home anytime soon sir!” Izuku said to the slightly shocked man, who thought about it for a second and then nodded, continuing his walk…

“Oh… this is that man’s… house?” Izuku asked as sweat dripped from his forehead. He had technically stolen something from the dead, didn’t that give tons of bad karma?

All Might hadn’t explained much, but he had changed back into his buff form after 30 minutes of them waiting around the block for him to be able to. After this time was up and he was fully transformed, here they were at the household where the dead man’s family must have lived. The name on the mailbox being, “Hado”.

Izuku was silent, his heart pounding as All Might knocked on the door, a solemn expression on his face as a girl that looked a few years older than Izuku opened the door, a cheery expression on her face that slowly morphed into shock, then excitement as she saw All Might standing right there.

“All Might!?” Nejire Hado yelled as a yellow shockwave looking energy appeared at her hands and feet, causing her to float up and around All Might as her eyes turned to stars.

Seeing the two with strained and obviously sad expressions however, she stopped short of her usual greeting and landed back at the porch. Now that she thought about it, why was All Might at her door in the first place?

“You must be Akahito’s daughter… May we come inside?” All Might asked politely just as a woman who looked near identical, only a bit older, as nejire walked past the door, stopping as she saw All Might standing there.

“Hm?” Nejires mother hummed as Nejire blinked and stepped to the side, letting them in with a confused look upon her face. “Akahito… is dead” All Might said, bowing his head in front of Nejires mother as Izuku bowed his head as well, still in the door frame…

Nejire, hearing her father’s name perked up, but as she heard the rest of All Might’s sentence she released the door, leaving it wide open as her entire body shook, not wanting to believe what had just been said.

“H-Huh?” Nejire said her eyes wide as a small shade seemed to cover the once gleaming look in her royal blue eyes gone as she ran out the open door, pushing Izuku to the side in a rush to leave.

As she flew off Izuku was barely getting up, seeing nejires mother fall to the ground in shock, as if her knees couldn’t physically hold her. “Uh… I’ll go get her All Might” Izuku said hesitantly.

Seeing Nejire’s mother and both the girls' reactions made him uncomfortable. All Might nodded as he walked forward, toward Nejires mom, wanting to comfort her and say sorry for not being able to do anything.

As Izuku ran out the door, his frail body barely keeping up with his mind as he looked in every direction and saw the girl floating away quickly using her quirk, Wave control.

‘I can’t fly… Wait’ Thinking as he had before with his eyes closed, he imagined flare appearing in front of him. As he opened his eyes feeling the rise in temperature, he immediately grabbed Flare by the shoulders. “We need to- Ow!” Izuku jumped back from flare as he blew on his sizzling hands.

“Why’d you grab onto me! It’s obvious I’m hot!” Flare said in shock and anger as she realized she’d injured her master, something that she would get punished for… well if she had a normal master. Izuku though, He didn't care about such things as he apologized awkwardly, then realizing he was supposed to be doing something filled Flare in.

“You want me to fly you to her?... Ok” Flare said as her body glow decreased until her body heat was that of a normal human. Seeing this, Izuku tested once before grabbing onto her shoulders from behind her back

A/N: For those that want to know, F is the lowest, while SSS will be the technical Highest, there will be higher ranks though later when he gets to that point

9