Chapter 4: Figuring Things Out
256 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh right... I forgot about this problem" Izuku said as he was riding on the back of the much smaller fire spirit. he realized as they started to get near Nejire, who was slowing going down as she reached a beach with no one on it, only trash everywhere, and the problem was that he didn't actually talk to girls that often.

There had been teachers, mothers, and... well that was about it. As Nejire floated down Izuku stalled Flare, keeping her in the air as they watched the girl land and tuck her head in her knees, crying loudly.

"We should wait, If a girl is crying then you need to wait at least 30 minutes until talking to her" Izuku said gulping as he used the bullshit excuse to build up courage and talk to her, hopefully able to get rid of that side of his personality. Flare, with a confused expression, looked back at her master. "You've never talked to a girl have you?" She asked, seeing the terror in his eyes.

(E/N: You are too young to use my powers, Midoriya shounen kuk)

"U-Uh what? No, I have talked to many women before, It's just that these are the ru- AHHHH!" Izuku screamed as Flare, with an annoyed expression upon her face, dived down straight toward the spot that Nejire was sitting at, causing her to glance up and see Izuku falling at a rapid speed. With Flare no longer in sight, Izuku fell face first into the sand in front of Nejire's feet.

-12 Hp

"Uhh... H-Hello... My name is Izuku Midoriya, I am 14 years old, I like heroes and" Izuku started rambling on as the crying blue haired girl's expression slowly morphed from one of sadness to a slow spreading smile seeing the nervous boy stuttering and messing up words. "I had a puppy in the 3rd grade who got beat by my friend when I forgot to bring snacks''

"Pfft!" Nejiro couldn't hold in her laughter anymore seeing he was basically telling her his life story. "I think I get it... Uh... sorry for running away... Is It... Is it true?" Nejire asked with an almost pleading expression, hoping this was some kind of sick joke. Unfortunately for her, Izuku stopped talking and nodded with a small uncomfortable smile.

"Y-yeah... Your father... was killed... uhh... saving my... friend... Thank you" Izuku then bowed in front of her like he had seen All Might do as Nejire lowered her head.

"I... I would say I know how you feel... but I don't... So I guess all I can really say is sorry... But I can promise one thing" Izuku raised his head looking nejire in the eyes, "Your father was a true hero! I hope to become just like that one day!" Izuku shouted before slightly blushing. "Ah yeah, this isn't the time to be saying stupid things like that huh?" Izuku said looking away.

"I'm glad..." Nejire's voice was almost a whisper as she looked into the sky, a smile slowly returning to her face. "I'm still sad... But... I'm glad he was able to do what he loved" Nejire said as tears streamed down her face, complimented by the large smile she had as Izuku looked away awkwardly standing up.

After a few minutes, Nejire was fine and sitting down while Izuku was staring at the beach, not sure what to do at this point. "Um... I can take you to go get your brother... I couldn't help when I was there... But I'd love to help now" Izuku said a bit awkwardly as Nejire smiled softly and nodded at him. "Yeah... Hiroto must be having it worse than me... Today... Today was his birthday..." Nejire said with a sad sigh as she stood up, dusting off her pants.

"I guess we walk?" Nejire asked. She would have offered to fly him except, technically, they were strangers, and she knew it would be a weird thing to ask. Izuku on the other hand looked at her in confusion before Flare rematerialized in front of him. "She can give us a ride... I think" Izuku paused and looked down at the flame spirit.

[Observe]

Name: Flarian Akahita

Job: Your Summon

Rank- C

Race- Spirit

STR- C

END- C

DEX- D

INT- C

WIS- B

CHA- B

LCK- D

Thoughts about you- Annoyed

Skills:

(Passive)-

[Healing]- D

[Heat Resistance]

(Active)-
[Spirit Form]

[Fire Manipulation]

[Flames of Hell] (Locked)

[Flight]

Her strength is higher than mine… She should be fine right? Izuku asked himself as Flare sighed inwardly and turned around, indicating it was okay. Nodding toward the young girl, Izuku was about to climb on only to be pushed to the side by Nejire as she looked at him in shock.

“You’re making a little girl carry you!” Nejire yelled out angrily as Flare looked over with a confused expression. Izuku coughed and looked over at Flare, who slightly smirked as she put on a scared pitiful expression.

“H-He… He keeps making me take him everywhere… I’m just a little girl…” Flare said, looking up at Nejire as she was laughing inwardly.

“Really Midoriya?” Nejire said, smiling as yellow energy came out of her hands, staring down at Izuku who gulped, frightened for his life. “You could’ve just asked me, child labor is not something that should be practiced” Nejire said turning around and squatting with her arms held behind her back, indicating for him to hop on.

“Uh… Okay then… Flare I guess do whatever you were doing…” Izuku said as he got up and dusted off his clothes with a sigh as Flare once again disappeared.

Seeing Nejire’s shocked expression, Izuku had a wry smile on his face as he looked away. “Yeah it’s my quirk… she’s just… like that I guess” He said as Nejire just nodded with a curious expression and didn’t push him.

Squatting down again, Izuku finally realized what was going on, and looked down… “Ah sorry!” He quickly said as she turned her head and looked away with a clear blush on his face.

Not wanting to make it weird, Izuku quickly climbed on the back of Nejire. She was taller than him anyway so it wasn’t too hard. “Wow you’re light!” Nejire said, bouncing Izuku a bit as she started floating using her quirk.

“Uh… where… Where was it…” Nejire said gulping with a slightly sad expression as Izuku pointed in the general direction of where the scene had happened, should her brother not be there then they could always go to the police station.

Arriving at the scene fairly quickly, Izuku practically jumped off of Nejire and walked fastly toward the scene, seeing that people were still there. He’d rather not make this awkward when her father had just died.

Nejire caught up with Izuku’s short steps but then quickly ran forward, seeing a boy with blue hair sitting and talking with a few pro heroes who were posing for the camera.

“Hiroto!” Nejire yelled as she reached her little brother and hugged him, causing him to look up at her. Seeing his older sister there, Hiroto, for the first time that afternoon, let tears fall as she pulled him into a tight hug.

“I-It’s okay… H-He’s not really gone…” Nejire said, tears were gathering in the corners of her eyes. After a while of hearing her little brother, Nejire’s tears started to slowly fall down her face, she too couldn’t keep from crying at this moment…

‘Ah It’s pretty calming… When people cry” Izuku thought as he looked on with his head bowed, only glancing to the sides to see the heroes posing for the camera and even talking about how it was unfortunate they weren’t able to reach the spot before it was too late.

‘Do none of them see?... The crying siblings?’ Izuku thought as he gulped uncomfortably and closed his eyes, listening to Nejire’s and Hiroto’s quiet sobs…

A few hours later All Might had come and picked the kids up from the police station after Mrs.Hado had received the call they were there. Now, together, All Might and Izuku watched the family break down, though this time it was inside their own living room.

Sigh We should get you home soon Midoriya Shounen, your parents must be worried” All Might said, though he was indicating to the smoke rising up from his shoulder, he had already had to deflate 3 times in order to keep the secret while he was comforting Mrs.Hado.

“Hm?... Oh yeah… Okay” Izuku answered, snapping out of the weird phase that people get when they see others sad or cry, and walked out with All Might just behind him. All might had promised the family without them hearing that he'd check up on them every once in a while…

“I don’t need to go home yet All Might, I have like… an hour or two left till my mom get’s home… It’s also summer” Izuku said as they rounded a corner and All Might deflated and spit blood on the ground, causing Izuku to stop his words and look at the man with worry.

“I’m fine I’m fine…" All Might coughed out waving his hand as he steadied himself "...if we have time… Then follow me… not many people go here” All Might said as put a hand to steady himself before walking toward the beach that Izuku and Nejire had talked on earlier that day.

Upon arriving, All Might sat down in the middle of the large trash pile, right on top of a large refrigerator, and looked down at Izuku.

“Tell me Midoriya Shounen… Do you really want to be a hero?” All Might asked once again, this time with no dramatic effects as Izuku stared up in awe at the words. He was used to everyone telling him that he couldn’t be a hero, so someone asking if he wanted to… was a nice change of pace to say the least.

Izuku, his answer roaring in his heart as he looked up at the blonde haired adult, nodded as he pumped his fist, “I… Want to be a hero!”

“Remind me Flare, tomorrow at noon... tomorrow at noon!, Isn’t this exciting!? I'm excited, are you excited!?” Izuku said tossing and turning in his bed as Flare sat down reading some of the books he had with interest.

“Aren’t you too excited? He only said he’ll train you, whether you can be a hero is up to your strength and skill…” Flare said, causing Izuku to stop and stare at her with his mouth open.

“What is it?” She asked, not liking the stare as he looked away, “O-Oh? Nothing Nothing… Just who knew you could say something actually encouraging, I thought you were only good for nearly getting me in trouble!” Izuku finished as he threw his pillow to hit the shocked spirit.

“Hey! Knock it off!” Flare yelled as she floated in the air and sent a small fire ball to his ass, causing him to yelp in pain as he felt the heat.

“Ah… that’s better” He said later as they sat down again, ice packs covering his ass as he laid down on the bed with his eyes closed.

“Anyway... we aren't that close right now... I barely feel the bond that the contract sets... Shouldn’t you at least know my moves? Or maybe summon another spirit, not that you need it, but I might need help since my masters an idiot” Flare asked after a while of sitting in silence. Izuku, thinking about her idea for a second, rolled over, wincing at the pain as he got out of bed.

“Hmm… I know all of your skills… Though... I guess getting to know each other isn't a bad thing" Izuku said, closing her status with a blink. He had finally figured out how it worked. All he had to do was use eye movement and intent, probably the reason he had accidentally stolen Mr.Hado's body... if only for a second.

"Well... I'll start" Izuku said, looking at the spirit as she was staring at him intently. "I am Izuku Midoriya... I haven't had a quirk until just recently… Uh… I don’t have any friends really.... And I am your master… That’s pretty much it” Izuku said awkwardly, seeing Flare’s look, which made it seem like she was trying not to laugh.

“What is it?” Izuku finally managed to ask as Flare just looked at him with the same look. Finally, regaining her composure, she replied to his question.

“No friends? What kind of loser are you? Pftt!” Flare couldn’t hold in her laughter anymore as she burst out laughing, pointing at Izuku as his shoulder’s drooped and flopped on the bed.

“You probably don’t have many either… Even if some of your skills are locked you’re barely a C Rank, Don’t sound so coc- OW!” Izuku stopped his words as a severely overheated hand grabbed his ankle and the fire spirit loli looked at him in anger.

“I’m known all across the land of the spirits, Don’t you dare try and say that” She said and then turned, letting go of his hands with a small Hmph.

“Whatever you say rank C” Izuku said, seeing that he had struck a nerve and dodged a small fireball that hit his desk. Quickly putting it out, Izuku looked at the small notification that had come into view.

Skill Gained!
[Heat Resistance](Passive)-F
Resist heat damage by 5%(Goes up each level)

Seeing the skill, Izuku’s brain started thinking at a million dollars an hour. “Hey… Burn me” Izuku said looking at Flare who paused in her small tantrum and looked at him confusedly.

“Are you an M?” She asked, causing him to blush and look away before reaching out his hand. “Just do it, that's an order!” Izuku yelled, causing Flare to immediately respond by grabbing his arm and turning up the heat.

What’s this idiot doing… Is he feeling pleasure right now? Damn pervert using his spirit for something like this Flare thought to herself as after a few minutes, Izuku pulled his arm back, tears gathering in his eyes as he brought it up, ignoring the small drop in his Hp.

[Heat resistance] Has ranked up!

F→ E

[Heat Resistance](Passive)-E
Resist heat damage by 10%(Goes up each level)

So that’s how it works… Izuku thought looking at his status and skills, with this new knowledge he knew how to rank them up… and maybe this was how he could rank up his stats as well…

From what he’d seen F seemed to be the lowest, the highest could be anything, not that he would find it out anytime soon.

With this new information, Izuku smirked as he reached out his healed arm toward the confused Flare. “Don’t stop until I say so” He told her seriously as she gulped and nodded, feeling uncomfortable by the new vibe he had.

As Izuku lay down on his bed, he let Flare take his arm once again, ordering her to turn up the heat. It’s not as hot… but it still hurts like hell. He thought as he closed his eyes, resisting the damage…The only sounds were the notifications of the system…

A few moments later

“That should be enough…” Izuku said as Flare’s current flames felt like the warm sun and not a million degree oven. “Finally… You think I have enough Mana to do this all the time?” Flare asked with an annoyed look as she brought her hand away, seeing that he had no burn marks even after all this time.

“Uh… Master, what are you?” She asked in shock, looking at her hand and at him. Izuku ignored the question and checked how much the skill had ranked up… and he was pleasantly surprised as he saw it.

[Heat Resistance](Passive)-C
Resist heat damage by 20%(Goes up each level)

Even though he had been doing it for a while, he knew that Flare’s flames wouldn’t be enough to break past C rank, seeing as she was C rank herself.

As he fished out his notebook and wrote down the new information. Now he knew to use the skills in order to rank them up… Just like a game.

“Alright Flare, recover your mana…” Izuku said, patting her head as she disappeared into the space he kept her, surprising the young looking girl.

“Now…” Izuku said looking at the summon button on the status, with a few questions he had found he was able to summon twice a day, but most summons, unlike flare, had a task he needed to complete to be their master.

So, clicking the summon button, Izuku prepared for his second summon… Hopefully


5