Ch 3: The change.
798 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Our father takes us again to hunt, he is much faster than before so he had carry us.

So that change did this much! That's so cool, I want to be able to do that too one day.

He had continued running until coming to a stop, he looks at a certain spot, I look where he is looking and I see 3 humanoid beings with green skin, they are small yet still around the same size as father, they were wearing nothing but dirty loincloths with the occasional leather protecting them.

Are those goblins from the fantasy  stories I used to read? They certainly fit the bill, and ugh what is with their smell.

As all of us were irritated by the awful smell, father had let us hide then began to sneak up on them he had sneaked up on the largest one of them then he had took off his head with his powerful fangs then absorbed the white mist that came out of them, the other two goblins had been very surprised by his sudden appearance and their comrades death, not missing the opportunity, father had pounced upon the closest one of them ripping out their throat, then absorbed the white mist from them.

The last one was far away as it was an archer.

This is bad father is gonna get hurt!

As me and my siblings get wrapped in anxiety as to what will happen, suddenly father shoots three blades of wind with his claws, the goblin gets cut by the three blades, his blood flying into the air he falls to the ground, dead, the white mist from him starts flowing out like with the other two

As all of us look in shock at what father had done he quickly gathers us up and goes to find prey.

What did father do? Did he just use something like magic or maybe even actual magic, but he had never done that before, is it because of the change?

As I was wrapped up in thought father finds his prey, 4 rabbits with horns, he quickly kills one with stealth causing the white mist to come out of their body, the others start running, he gets another with that wind move killing it and extracting that mist from it, but the  last two run away.

He gathers up the bodies, thwen he finds a berry Bush, perhaps the horned rabbits were eating from it? He sets us down as though to tell us to start gathering them, we start gathering them, although one of my siblings starts eating them, father shakes his head to him then points with his eyes at one of us gathering them, my sibling starts gathering them, we couldn't reach the ones up high so our father picked them, then we returned back home.

Our father kept taking us on hunts for 44 more nights and days, I had learned how foxes talk by then so I was finally able to talk to my parents and siblings.

I had learned that I have 3 brothers and 1 sister I was the second oldest but only by a small margin, my younger sister is very active and plays a lot, one of my younger brothers is pretty laid back yet he was not lazy, another younger brother was extremely curious about everything everytime we went outside his eyes would dart around to see everything from curiosity and finally my older brother was very caring and always felt he had the responsibility to protect us due to him being oldest, everytime he goes on about that I remind him he is just slightly older than us then laugh.

I had learned from father about all the questions I had, about the white mist, it was apparently called Essence of Being and you increased your amount of essence by training or by killing others and absorbing their essence, by gathering enough essence you would evolve, as to what he had used he called it techniques, I asked him about techniques, then he told me that he uses something called Essence Energy to use these techniques, I asked him more but he told me he didn't know and only knew this due to evolution.

I knew what I wanted to do, I am gonna train and increase my essence, so I went to the most active of my siblings, my sister.

"Hey sister" I say

"Yes brother? What, what do you wanna play!" She exclaims, she is very excited practically jumping up and down on me

"Actually yes, I had a gam-"

"Yay! Thanks big brother, so what do we play?!"

"Well it's a game I had in mind, we will take turns, one of us will try to hit the other on the head with his front paw, while the other will only dodge until you either give up or you hit the other's head."

"Alright, big brother lets play!"

We begin our game I start with dodging while she starts with attacking, she rushes towards me and swings her paws trying to hit me, I desperately try to avoid them, she sings towards me and I dodge it to the left then she follows up with another, I barely dodge that one but I had lost my footing so she lands a hit on my head.

"I win! I won against you big brother!" She beams after she landed a hit on me

"Alright lets switch sides now."

We continue on playing this game as training switching sides everytime someone had won.

In the night I have decided to go out hunting, I woke up my sister to come with me, then we had set off.


19