Ch 5: Loss.
652 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I see my brother leaving by himself, he had not woken up anybody to go with him, he quickly leaves the burrow and vanishes from sight.

I quickly get on my feet and run after him, after exiting I look around but I don't see him.

Where is he?!

I start panicking, going out alone will definitely cause you to die, I sniff the air for his scent and catch a trace of him I bolt off towards his direction, I start seeing his outline through the trees...

But there was something else there.

A giant hornet was attacking him, he was desperately dodging its attacks but fatigue was catching up with him, and the wounds he already had made it harder to dodge.

I rush towards him to try and save him, barking to get the attention of the hornet away from him, the hornet looks away from him then towards me, I start feeling fearful as I was about to fight this thing.

A-am I really able to live through this?

I start getting fearful thoughts like that about uncertainties, but I look to my brother then remember what is important.

No! I will survive, me and my brother will both live, no matter what!

As the hornet starts flying towards me my brother tries to tell me something but immediately coughs blood.

I start running and the hornet follows me, I will save my brother after I deal with this damn hornet.

What should I do?! There is no way I can actually beat it, should I get it to my father so he can beat it, damn I wish I had woken him up instead of being so rash as to follow him instantly.

I try to go to father so he can deal with it, but the hornet was much faster than me, I wouldn't be able to escape from it and it's unlikely I would reach home before it kills me.

The hornet flies closer and closer to me and my panic increases.

What am I supposed to do. Think. Think!

The hornet finally catches up to me, it winds up then attacks, I try to dodge but it scratches me at the side, the side immediately starts to feel numb.

After being hit my panic reaches full capacity, my breathing increases and my heart is beating out of my chest.

Calm down felix. Calm down! Take deep breaths. Deep. Breaths.

As I try to calm myself down the hornet goes in for another strike, this time I am able to dodge it but my ability to move is worsening over time.

I look around and see trees and trees around me, was I seriously about to die surrounded by trees again?!

Wait I just got an idea!

I start moving towards a tree with the hornet behind me, it attacks but I get out mostly harmless, only getting the top of my body injured by the attack blood starts flowing out from there and it starts to feel numb.

The hornets stinger had created a crater in the tree, but it was stuck at least for a few seconds, I rush to the opposite side then push with all my strength against the tree, my body is in unimaginable pain but I summon every last bit of strength in me, my body starts glowing and the tree falls towards the hornet, the hornet makes panicked noises before being crushed by the tree it was stuck to.

I had finally won, as the essence flows to me, I immediately try to return to my brother but my body was pushed to its limit so I can't.

The bushes nearby start rustling and I get on guard, but the smell is familiar, because moments later my father had appeared from there.

"There you are son! now where is your brother?!"

He sees my wounds then shock appears in his eyes.

"What happened to you?!"

"No time for me! we have to get to brother he is more injured than me."

He picks me up and puts me on his back he immediately starts to run to my brothers scent, his body is glowing again which makes me think that this might be a technique.

He is running extremely fast, I feel the air pushing against me very hardly, but I speak to him nonetheless.

"How did you find me father?"

"I had heard you barking and screaming, so I immediately left and tried to find you two."

We had gotten to my brother, he was still laying there my father goes to hold him but...

He had stopped, with his eyes shocked he nudges my brother.

He doesn't move.

The horror starts to set in on me when he doesn't move.

"No... Please brother move. Please move!"

I yell through the night for my brother to move, yet he still remains motionless.

My father looks away and clenches his teeth.

Today I had learned the cruelty of the world.

"Fathet you can fix him right? You can make him move again right?!"

"Enough!"

I look towards father with extreme shock in my face

"Your brother has died. There is no escaping that daunting fact."

My heart sinks. I had wanted to not hear that above all else I had wanted to be told that everything would be alright and that he would fix everything magically.

But the world wasn't so nice.

I look towards father with hateful eyes.

"It's your fault he died! If you had come sooner maybe he would be still alive!"

My father looks incredibly shocked but only briefly, he tries to appear calm, but his eyes are filled with sadness.

"Maybe you're right. Maybe if I had been faster, i could have saved your brother. Maybe i could have saved my son."

I wanted to say something, but intense pain starts to spread through my body from the wounds, I start screaming from the pain.

My father looks with worry to me about to say something but I couldn't hear it as I had fainted.



17