Ch 16: Goblin warfare.
336 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We run away from the tree as the smell and sound of goblins was getting stronger, we hide behind some trees and we bide for time to plan, I can smell the goblins from several locations at once, it looks like they had split up.

As they had split up to find us we decide to pick them off one by one, we climb up on the tree to be able to get a sneak attack on them and we jump from branch to branch closer to them.

When we get close I see that there were 3 regular goblins and 1 evolved one,it looks like they split up into squads of 4 and I decide to assume that there is probably an evolved goblin for every squad.

We will have to defeat the evolved one first but they were sticking pretty close to each other.

"Sister I'll take the evolved one and you attack one of the non-evolved ones" I whisper to her.

"Got it" she whispers back.

We were now on top of them, I decide it was now time to act I give sister a signal then we jump down on them both of us have used body strengthening and both of us were able to kill our target instantly, we both respectively absorb their essence.

The 2 remaining goblins were distressed by losing their squad leader and made a lot of noise, each of us quickly takes one down to silence them, we absorbed their essence but other squads were already coming here!

We quickly retreat back to the top of the trees, soon after, 2 squads had appeared, there were now 6 unevolved and 2 evolved ones, the goblins were looking at the bodies then they started to search the area around here, one of them starts looking towards the trees, we hold our breath and wait for them to pass.

Thankfully due to the cover of the night it looks like they hadn't spotted us, as I thought that I hear the goblin that was looking at treetops start shouting something, they can see in the dark!

Damn, after all they were searching with us with no torches or anything so I should've known that they could see in the dark.

All of the goblins were now aiming at us, they didn't have anything that could reach us so some started throwing rocks and some were climbing up, we were trying to dodge the rocks but the footing on the branches was terrible so we had gotten hit several times.

For me the rocks affected me only slightly but for sister these rocks were threatening, they could possibly take her life if they hit her in a bad place.

No you don't, you bastards!

I form a fireball and shoot it towards the goblins that were down there throwing rocks, the explosion engulfes 2 of them and slightly burns the other two, by then the other goblins had already climbed up including the evolved ones, so we jump down and run through the dust cloud that the fireball caused, I absorbed the essence as it was approaching me and I was now feeling stronger.

"Hey sister jump on my back and I'll run with both of us."

"Wait are you sure that you can run properly with me on top of you big brother"

"I'm sure I can run more quickly than now for sure."

She climbs onto my back and I run while carrying her it was awkward at first to run but I eventually got the hand of it.

The goblins were following us but now they were getting further away from us, they were making a bunch of noise which would possibly attract more goblins.

At this rate we'll get overwhelmed, come on I need to think!

I think and ponder very hard, what would the military do in this situation?

Hm maybe spring a trap with landmines? But I don't have such too- wait that's it!

I stop running, my sister was certainly surprised before she says anything I tell her to dig some holes.

We quickly dig holes we managed to dig 3, and I use fire techniques to fill the hole with fire but I don't let it explode I hold the explosion, I use telekinesis to move the dirt back quickly, I was now feeling my energy be drained rapidly from all this usage.

Come on, I won't be able to do this trap again so this better work.

The goblins had arrived shortly after, their numbers had increased but the leader wasn't there yet, they rush us thinking that we had gotten tired of running, they completely lacked any vigilance and they have fallen directly into my trap.

As they run towards us I let the trap explode when most of them were on it, the ground explodes under them, engulfing most of them, and it kills 5 of the unevolved goblins instantly, the evolved ones were blasted and grievously damaged, but alive nonetheless, only the ones at the very back were only slightly damaged 3 goblins and one evolved one.

The essence from the ones that were killed is absorbed by me, and now we begin our counterattack as their forces were now mostly defeated, with only 1 squad surviving we engage them in combat.

I charge the evolved one and it attempts to attack me with its club, the other goblins also try to attack me which leaves them open to my sister who manages to take one of them down by biting off its neck, I attack one of the goblins with my claws and huge gashes appear on its chest by a swing of me, it was now rendered unable to battle, the evolved goblin goes on a rage filled flurry of attacks I was hit by a few of them, causing me pain but no severe injuries, I use body strengthening on just my claws and had destroyed the evolved goblins' weapon, it shouted at the goblin and the goblin threw its weapon to it.

Before it can catch its weapon I had tackled the evolved one, kicking the ground as hard as I could, the evolved one had fallen to the ground and then I finish it off by ripping out its throat.

The final goblin remaining had started running but then my sister had finished it off by attacking it from behind.

"Hey sister you finish off one of the evolved one and I'll finish one off."

I finish off mine immediately then watch her finish off hers, she used body strengthening and managed to finish it off.

She was now completely exhausted I reckon she was now unable to fight.

But then the final squad was now approaching, I shout to my sister to hide, after all there was only one squad remaining.

And it was the leader squad.

10