Ch 36: Water drake.
220 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The roar from the water was rumbling the forest around us, whatever was there was truly a monster, the few seconds remaining before its arrival felt like hours, but eventually the inevitable occurred.

A huge serpentine blue drake with large wing-like fins appeared, its draconic face was filled with fury, likely due to the electric shock that traveled through the water, it turned its head till it landed its eyes on us by the spring side. Its eyes had thinned when they spotted us and it raised its full body above the water, I didn't want to face such a terrifying monster like it, but we couldn't turn our backs to it now.

It swung its tail towards us to get a preemptive strike on us, by pure instinct we manage to somehow move away from that attack, the tail strike had destroyed several trees behind us and caused a bit of the land to collapse into the water, its power was insane!

The only advantage we had was my lightning affinity, I am pretty sure it was weak to lightning based on how angry it was after being shocked, but my energy was around halfway through, so I didn't want to waste it all or we would seriously die.

The water drake decided to change its tactic and it started using water techniques to create dozens of water bolts all around it, the water bolts started to rain down on us like a meteor shower, the ones that missed had exploded into the ground causing a miniature crater to be created. We tried to dodge its attacks as best as we could, but it proved to be too difficult to dodge such a large number of attacks, Nozomi was hit first by a water bolt, the strength of the attack had brought her to the floor, she tries to raise herself back up but she couldn't do it yet, the last battle and these attacks proved to be too much for her to handle and so her efficiency dropped significantly, before I know it, more attacks were coming for her, it turns out that this drake realized that it can finish her off now that she couldn't  move, I dash towards her then push her out of the way from the attacks, she lands roughly, but thankfully safely from all of the attacks, the same couldn't be said for me unfortunately, as a few of the water bolts had landed on me, I stagger from the strength of these attacks, even though I saw what damage these attacks caused, feeling it was on a whole nother level, I start bleeding slightly from where the attacks had landed on me.

By now, I've had enough from all the dodging, and I had decided that it was now time to counterattack a little to test the waters, I shoot a lightning bolt towards the drake which lands at its nose, the drake starts shaking its head angrily because of the damage I caused it, it turns out that lightning is indeed pretty effective, but my techniques just aren't strong enough to kill it.

The drake looks back at us even angrier than before, and this time it attacks with even more extremity than before, it makes it seem that last time was just toying with us, it shoots dozens of water bolts mixed with ice shards towards us, then it tries to sweep us with it tail, from its tail an ice spike had grown in order to increase the damage, I realize that we couldn't dodge all of the attacks from the drake and so I grit my teeth, run over to Nozomi then I lift both of us up with telekinesis to not get hit by its tail, the water and ice spikes fall down on us and we try to block most of it out by a wind barrier from her and telekinesis from me, we manage to block out a majority of it but a few get through to us and hit just me.

I thought that we had gotten over the worst of it, but it turns out that I was wrong, as I see that the drake was now facing us with its mouth open, it was charging up water in its mouth and was about to fire it at us like a hydro jet, there was no way to dodge it now.

"Nozomi! Create a barrier with wind!"

She had created one before I could talk, using all of her energy to make it, I didn't have any wind affinity to create a barrier like her, so I tried to stack my energy in front of us like a barrier, and so I manage to create a light blue glowing barrier to protect us in time, and then the attack had arrived, the hydro jet from the drake lands on my barrier and starts to break it almost immediately, but what it also did was give us a push backwards, the water jet had broken through all of my barrier and had reached the wind one, we were now staring death in the face, the hydro jet brought us higher and higher into the air, until...

It had finally run out, the hydro jet that was pushing against us had miraculously run out, looking at the destruction that it caused we see that it had destroyed half a dozen trees in a straight line, but we weren't safe just yet, as the water jet had brought us to incredible heights we were now starting to fall, both our energies were completely exhausted and we couldn't soften up our landing, we had to depend on the trees to soften it up, I try to at least slow us down a bit as we falling but eventually I wasn't able to do anything more, I take Nozomi and hold her above me so that she'd take less damage, I was more evolved than her so I'd maybe tough it out, we crash through the thicket of trees as it batters us in every possible way, by the time we reach the floor Nozomi was already unconscious and I was on the edge.

No, I can't faint, not here, we'll die if we faint in the op-...

But I couldn't handle it and had also fainted before I could complete my thoughts.

7