Ch 39: Night time.
206 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While we were walking towards the springs we didn't run into any enemies, most creatures were avoiding us, then suddenly Ethan talks to me with telepathy.

"Could you... slow down a little?"

When I hear him tell me that I look behind us and see that he was having some troubles keeping up with us, I didn't want to really slow down that much so I thought of something.

"I think you're small enough for me to carry you, Ethan."

"Really? Then why didn't you carry me from the start?!"

I pick him up then toss him onto my back, he replies to me by telling me to be careful and calling me an idiot, he then moves a little while on my back which tickled me a lot that I nearly dropped him.

Nozomi had thought that he attacked me when he was on my back and tried to attack him back, but I explained to her that he just tickled me by moving.

We had then continued on our path now that he was now on my back.

"Man, you're lucky you got reborn as a fox, at least you're not something lame like a rabbit."

"Haha, but hey I'm sure being a rabbit has its benefits too."

"Yeah... hey, how do you think I should speak to your sister dude?"

"Well, I guess just talk to her normally like you do to me?"

He then stops using telepathy with me and apparently stays silent, but it's likely that he was trying to talk to her. As I was wondering how much energy he'll use just on telepathy, we had gotten really close to the spring, I could hear the water from the spring and by using a light technique I could also see it, we turn right and continue on, after a while Ethan talks to me again.

"Well, uh how do I say it? I guess we talked but she still mistrusts me a bit."

"Don't worry, she'll eventually trust you more, it's just that recently we were betrayed by trusting someone, and lately it was just the two of us."

"I mean, I hope so dude."

While walking and talking like that, time was moving pretty quickly, and before we knew it, the sun had set.

Now that it was night time Ethan had stiffened while he was on my back, it looks like he really didn't want to be out here at night.

"H-Hey Rai, couldn't we just stop for now and sleep? It's dark out here so we can't move properly, so we better wait till daytime."

"Well, I have night vision so I don't really have to wait till daytime."

"R-Really? Well, how about you consider resting, because lately you suffered a big injury right?"

"I'm feeling alright, I can definitely continue for more time, but why are you acting pretty strangely? Don't tell me you're still scared of those wolves."

"Me? Scared? Not a chance! Haha...ha...ha."

Yeah he was definitely afraid of them, and speaking of the devil, when we had mentioned those wolves, one of them had appeared in front of us, looks like getting too far away from that spring gave them enough courage to try and attack us, the wolf in front of us had howled, and then suddenly more howls ring out from around us.

It looks like this wolf in front of us had called its friends to fight us.

*POV Alvey.*

The sun was setting now and I was still looking for the spirivulpes, even though I followed the destruction track of the water drake, I didn't find any body there, very peculiar, I had then decided to search around that area to see if the thing that was blasted was nearby and if it even was the spirivulpes. All the time I spent futilely searching made me think that the spirivulpes wasn't even here and had maybe even left the forest, these thoughts make me more bitter and bitter about this search. I really wish I had learned to track creatures and use searching techniques, but I thought those were a waste of time when I was younger.

I decided to bother start learning how to track now, but which of my affinities would be most suited for tracking? My fire one was out of the question, my wind one could probably work but I'd have to think hard on how to do it, my earth one also is likely to work, and I don't think that water would really work as well.

Firstly I try to use the wind affinity to let some wind fly up to something then hit it and come back, it doesn't work as the wind would usually fissle out or would be too strong and either blow at it or be an actual attack, so I ruled out wind.

Then, I try to use earth, by using earth I try to sense vibrations from the earth, I succeed in doing that, but I was overwhelmed from the amount of vibrations I could sense, so I needed to train it before I could even use it sense anything, and so I begin practicing it, I try to sense the movements of a bug I saw with my eyes to learn anything about how these vibrations work or how to focus on one of them only, it proves to be difficult but after a while I am pretty successful and improved slightly in my sensing abilities, before I knew it, it was now night time, then I heard a wolf howl, then a bunch more had answered it.

I had paid it no mind an kept with my training so I could find the spirivulpes quicker, but then something that caught my attention happened, when I started hearing the sounds of battle I had heard the sound of an explosion here, if it was from a fire affinity technique, then it's likely that the creature that used it wasn't from this forest, that meant that it could've been the spirivulpes.

I decide to at least go see what was going on, best case scenario was me finding the spirivulpes and the worst case was me finding that it wasn't the spirivulpes or the wolves attacking me.

Well going there was better than staying here as I'm pretty sure the spirivulpes wasn't here.

I then run towards the sounds of combat, hoping that my gut feeling was correct.

7