Ch 42: A resolve lit ablaze.
188 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*POV Alvey*

While I was holding back the great fire bomb, suddenly it had exploded, the explosion had caught me and actually managed to do some damage to me, I create a barrier around me as I realized that getting completely hit by this attack would be dangerous, the barrier I create starts breaking, but it somehow manages to stay up until the explosion subsides.

After the dust and the explosion had cleared, all I could see around me were the charred remains of what was a part of a forest, the ground was destroyed and had formed a crater, no other bodies had remained here, not even the 2 spirivulpes and the rabbit, it looks like they had ran away. I was engulfed in rage knowing that they had managed to run away, how could a high C-tier and a low C-tier escape from me?! And they also managed to protect that high D-tier Aqua horned rabbit, my anger was very great that I couldn't feel all the burns that were on my body.

After a while of my anger burning hotter, I was reminded of the damage I had sustained, I use a healing technique to increase the natural regeneration and create some more flesh to completely return me to pristine condition, doing that had calmed me a little, and I notice something that I also felt beside anger.

Desire.

I wanted the two spirivulpes now more than ever, if they were able to best a superior opponent like that then their is no way I would ever let them go, even that rabbit had caught my interest, I must have all of them, after all, no one can ever refuse something from a B-rank and a noble.

Ah right, I need to send a message to Wilfrid to tell him that I was gonna take more time, I use a technique to send energy that was carrying my voice to him to inform him of the message, despite being a technique that sounds so simple it was so complicated, I never liked that about this technique, after sending the message to him I hope that I'd be able to find where they had vanished off to, I guess that means I'll have to practice vibration sensing more.

*POV Ethan*

I didn't know what Rai had in mind when he told me to jump on his back, but whatever he had in mind was surely better than just dying as my energy was nearly zero, a few moments later he jumps up then the freaking bomb exploded, I try to use the last of my energy to protect us, the others also try to create a barrier, the barrier we create was about to shatter, but luckily the explosion had also propelled us away, but then I realize something, that we were gonna crash into the floor, oh god I don't wanna fall!

I prepare myself for the crash in horror, but then Nozomi had used telekinesis and saved us, we actually managed to survive! All hail Nozomi, our saviour! As I was celebrating that we had survived, Rai had fainted, it looks like this was too exhausting for him, but to be fair, he did just create a freaking spirit bomb.

Nozomi goes up to Rai and then says something, I didn't know what since I had a slight case of being a rabbit, but what I could tell is that she was being sincere, she somehow looked a little... sad.

She turns to me, then communicates to me with telepathy.

"You have been pretty helpful in this battle, and you have been good to my brother, for that, I want to thank you"

I couldn't really speak to her much since my energy was really low right now, but I wanted to, and so I used the rest to at least tell her something.

"No need to thank me, after all, we're all friends, and friends help each other."

By spending the rest of my energy on that message, I had finally went the same way as Rai.

*POV Nozomi*

Ethan had also fainted from exhaustion, and I was the only one remaining awake, I had a bit over half of my energy remaining, and I hadn't gotten too injured in the battle, so I had decided to use my energy to heal Ethan and Rai in the same way that Rai did, I go over to Ethan to heal him, while I was healing him I thought of how he had interacted with Rai, Rai had enjoyed his company, I could tell by how his body and tails moved that he enjoyed the company of Ethan, it sort of made me jealous in a way, that he could interact so well with Rai, so I had treated him like I didn't care about him, but perhaps, I was happy to see Rai being happy, like those old days.

Before I realized it I finished healing Ethan, my energy was barely enough to maybe heal him then create a barrier for us to rest, I now go over to Rai in order to heal him, seeing him injured like that always made me feel terrible, and it happened with such frequency that I was now getting numb from it, I had started healing him, yet I was feeling frustrated as I worked, why can I never protect him? Am I lacking? I was always one step behind him, always the one to be protected, I thought that it would change now that I evolved, that I could now protect him, that we could both depend on each other, but looks like nothing had changed from the day that I was an unevolved pup, I hated that version of myself so much, always so pathetic and unable to act on her own, but you mean to tell me that I had never actually changed from that day?

I had finished healing Rai, then I had formed a wind barrier and an illusion to protect us, after finishing all of that I lay down and stare at the sky.

The sky was dark, yet for the first time since we entered the forest, it was also clear, the moon had only a half of it there and was shining brightly, I wonder why it was only in half?

Seeing the beautiful night sky had helped calm me down a bit, by calming down I had finally exited the pit of self pity that I was in, it wasn't true, I did help him many times, and in this battle we couldn't get out of we didn't work together, suddenly, I remember all of the memories together with him, now that I think about it, most of them had a lot to do with fighting, I chuckle when I think of that, maybe one day, we'd both finally free our parents and find peace, with a heart that was healed and a new founded will I had went to sleep peacefully.

8