Ch 43: The next step
189 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*POV Ethan.*

Around me was a familiar sight, it was the same place where I had evolved the first time, the white expanse that went on forever, now, I wonder what evolution I can get?

Just like last time, rabbits appear from nowhere, 3 of them this time, that's better than last time when I got just 1, when I look at one of them, I recieve way more information than last time I was here.

Looking at the first one informs me that it was called a Tempest Hare, it was a rabbit that was bigger than me, it had dark blue fur with purple lightning bolt symbols on it, its horn was shaped like a lightning bolt and was slightly glowing in a purple color, its eyes were also purple. It gave me a wind and lightning affinity and had pretty high physical capabilities with its horn being made from extraordinarily tough material and had a characteristic where it could turn into lightning for an instant, apparently this rabbit was considered a sign that a storm was coming, as they were far more common in stormy areas, sailors had used the sight of them to avoid sailing out.

That one was awesome! Although a slight thing that I didn't like about it was that it looked really cute, it was really fuzzy, how could I ever be taken seriously with that form?

The second one was called a Glacilepus, it gave a wind affinity and higher control over the water one with average combat abilities for a second evolution it also had a characteristic of being able to spread mist from its body. It was the exact same size as me but it had smaller ears and snout, it was also white with a very faint color of blue, its fur was very thick and its eyes were a cold blue, something additional about it was that it appeared in extremely cold places or when a water rabbit had evolved into it.

I also really like this one, but I think that the first one had better stuff, plus this one was also really cute, god please let me have something a little less cute.

The third one was called a Prislepus, it was a rabbit that was a little smaller than me, it had bright cyan fur with golden eyes and really long ears, its horn was multicolored, it had a light affinity and higher control over the water attribute, its physical abilities were pretty poor but it's techniques where pretty high, it was also very good at illusions. This rabbit apparently appeared after extreme rain or negative conditions, it is seen as the positivity that appears after the negativity, and so it was seen as a symbol of good luck and that a person that spots one will have a fortune befall him soon.

I didn't really like this one much due to its reliance on techniques, plus it was embarrassing to become like it, way too embarrassing. So no thank you.

That left me with the last two choices, I was thinking deeply about it, I really liked both, but I had decided to pick the Tempest hare.

Just like last time, when I make the choice I get my perspective changed out of my body and into the new one, I see the last two forms that I had in the distance before they also turn into mist like the others, and then I had awoken.

When I wake up, I see that both of them were already awake, they were both discussing something that I didn't understand, Rai turns to me then he communicates with telepathy.

"Oh you're awake? Congrats on the evolution by the way."

"Thanks, also what were you two discussing now?"

"That's precisely what I wanted you to help us with, I want to ask for your opinion on what we should do, both of us already have opinions."

"Hm, well I think we should really exit this forest soon, the wolf leader is bound to come for us and there is also that terrifying man."

"I thought you'd say that, me personally, I believe we should defeat the wolves to get stronger if we wanted to be able to survive from that elf, and Nozomi thinks we should defeat the water drake now that we got stronger as it would give a crazy big amount of essence to the whoever defeats it."

I thought about their ideas, I mean fair enough, if we got stronger we'd be able to survive better from anything, but that still required us to fight those monsters which was terrifying.

"Wait, wait, we don't even know where they are and you are saying to look for them?"

"Well, the water drake we know where it is as the spring surrounding it is pretty large and a dozen trees were destroyed in that battle which would make us locating it easier, but the wolves we would just wander at night then when a wolf gets to us we will make it tell us where they are."

"Why can't we just leave the forest?"

"Well, that man will definitely not let us go, the gleam in his eyes when he saw us was a gleam that I saw before, it was the gleam of someone that really wants something, it will be a matter of time before he finds us again, which is why I think we should get stronger instead of leaving."

"Fair enough, I personally think that fighting the drake would maybe be safer, as it would only be one enemy and we would be able to spring a trap on it."

"I guess so, I still think that its strength might make it more dangerous though."

He goes over to Nozomi and then tells her something, she beams up slightly likely over her idea being picked, her ears had perked up in delight, seeing that was pretty cute and reminded me of when my sister took me to a zoo and we saw the foxes there, I felt a little rude for thinking that and decided to stop thinking about that, but I did miss my sister, didn't really see her much after she got married and left home.

As I was feeling nostalgic for the old days he uses telepathy with me again.

"Alright, we will go to the water drake, you best prepare yourself as much as you can."

We had decided to face the water drake that had caused me to meet those two, I start feeling a little anxious about how this might turn out, we seriously should prepare as best as we can.

9