Ch 44: Preparation for a beast.
192 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*POV Rai."

We were making our way back to the spring where the water drake was, we were being cautious as that man could appear at any moment, but I thought he likely wasn't going to be back at the spring, the spring was several hundred meters away from us, so getting there wasn't gonna take very long, at max speed we could get there in seconds, but we wanted to conserve energy for the battle, while on the way there, we found a blue single horned deer, I snuck up on it and killed it straight away, it wasn't worth even mentioning how easy it was, we decide to take the deer with us to be able to recover some strength after we set some traps, I ask Ethan if he was okay with eating meat, it turns out that horned rabbits were
Omnivores and thus had no problem eating anything, we had then continued on.

"Ah Rai, that mushroom there has some healing properties at the base of it."

Ethan had pointed to a brown mushroom with glowing dots across it, that mushroom looked toxic to me but what do I know?

"Ah no no, take off the top, the top is slightly poisonous."

He told me that when I picked it off entirely, it turns out that it had a poisonous part, I take off the top of it and then I smell the remaining part, it smelled really weird, and I didn't like the smell, it was a weird bitter smell.

"Yeah, I had the same reaction as you when I smelled it, I had to test these mushrooms on a live being to make sure that they were safe cuz of that smell y'know."

Yikes, that is scary, I didn't know he had a pretty scary side like that, we pick the rest of the mushrooms and we continue going towards the lake, along the path we were talking about interests that we had, we even included Nozomi so she'd learn more about humans, apparently Ethan liked games and anime like me, so we kinda hit it off even more, Nozomi was super confused while we talked so Ethan started explaining to her the entire story of one of his favorite series, I leave the two alone with their conversation as both looked entertained.

"Hey you two, look alive, we're finally here."

After a while of walking we had finally reached the spring, now it was time to prepare for it, I set down the deer and the shrooms and we begin preparing, first of all we start brainstorming on ideas we can use for traps, I decide to create air mines around the top of the spring to as a trap, Nozomi decides to make illusions around the place of us to confuse the sea drake, and Ethan was still thinking of what to do, me and Nozomi already got to work, I had made two dozen fire bombs that were the size of a soccer ball and made them levitate around the lake, they were perfectly stable but I think that they'd burn out in an hour or so, looking around me I see that 7 illusions of us were in place.

"Wow, nice job Nozomi."

"Thanks, Rai."

When I look at one of the illusions in the back that I miss, I realize something weird, one of the illusions were of a muscular man, then I realized that it was Johnathan Joestar... excuse me what?

"Ehm, Nozomi? Why is one of the illusions?"

"Oh, that? Well, Ethan somehow managed to show me images in my mind with telepathy when he was telling me these stories and I found that this character Johnathan Joestar was super cool! So I couldn't help but make an illusion of him."

Ethan. What the hell.

I sigh, but I guess it would work, I gotta admit that it was very impressive how he managed to show images with telepathy, I look over at the suspect and see that he was still thinking hard on what to do as a trap, I decide to go over to him and help him plan his idea.

"Hey dude, are you still thinking of an idea?"

"Yeah, I can't figure out what trap I can make."

"It doesn't necessarily have to be an attacking one, you can still make it different depending on your affinity."

"Yeah, I guess you're correct, mine are wind lightning and water, what do you think I could do with these?"

"I don't know? Maybe make balls of lightning to go with the fireballs on top? Or maybe even a wind barrier?"

"Nice idea, I think I'll go with the lightning, oh and also, good thing that we got JoJo on our side."

He says and laughs as he sees the illusion, I can't believe that we were going into a battle soon after what we were doing right now.

After Ethan finishes setting his trap 20 minutes had passed after we set the first trap, meaning after 40 more we'd lose the trap, both my and Nozomis energy had been regained by a pretty good amount after eating from the deer, Ethan comes and takes a break then finishes off the rest of the dear and takes a 10 minute break, I didn't want to rest any longer or the traps might get undone in the fight, I stand close to the water, it was pretty deep and had less fish than last time, then I shoot a lightning bolt to summon the water drake, it was silent for a little while, then like last time, a roar emanates from it, we get back to confuse it with the illusions, then it had appeared, after it had come out of the water it was hit by a few fire explosives and lightning balls, the damage done to it was pretty good, but we had angered it by attacking it like that, and it was clear to me that the real battle was about to begin.

8