Ch 45: To slay a drake.
193 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We had begun the battle with an excellent trap placement, the water drake had gotten hit by the some of the fire mines and lightning balls, and we could see that it was clearly injured, its injuries had caused it to start looking angrily around to find who did it, its eyes lay on one of the illusions and then it tries to crush the illusions with its tail, when the illusions were hit they lose their form and dissipate, we take the opportunity while it was confused and bombard it with techniques, I fire a large and thick lightning bolt that I had been preparing at its chest, Ethan also fires a lightning bolt although it was smaller than mine at its head, and Nozomi shoots wind slashes at it, the water drake didn't see these attacks coming and so was hit by all of them, it starts to roar even louder when it was hit by them, I can see scorch mark and blood oozing from where the lightning bolts and wind slashes had hit.

Us attacking it had notified it of our location, we try splitting up and running around to confuse it with the illusions, but the drake had managed to fire countless ice shards towards us before we could do that, I protect only my vital parts to conserve energy and I grit my teeth to handle it, Nozomi had protected herself in a similar manner, but I couldn't see Ethan there, when I look around, I see that he managed to move away from the attack, now how did he do that?

There wasn't any time to ask him, since the water drake was now preparing water bullets and was about to fire it at us, we now actually manage to split off and confuse it with illusions, the water drake decides to blast all of us, illusions and all, it fires the water bullets all around it, the water bullets that hit the illusions had then hit the ground and created miniature craters, this spring is seriously gonna be covered in craters, some of the water bullets nearly hit me but the accuracy of the water drake was terrible, I catch with my eye Ethan turning into lightning for an instant and dashing away from a water bullet, so that is how he did it.

The attack didn't harm any of us, but it removed all of the illusions, it also removed some of the mines, the drake hadn't moved at all since it attacked the illusions, so it wasn't hit by the mines at all, I think of something and then decide to communicate with Ethan with telepathy.

"Ethan, take control of the lightning balls and throw them at the drake."

As soon as he decides to do that, I also take control of the fire mines and thrown them at the drake, but the drake was learning from this fight, it now tried to stop my attacks with telekinesis and used and a barrier made of pure water to stop the lightning from affecting it, I tell Ethan to stop the lightning balls, then I explode the fire mines by forcing them with energy, the explosion causes the water to evaporate and Ethan shoots the rest of the lightning balls to not miss this opportunity, they explode and shock the drake and its injuries increase even higher, I take the opportunity while its shocked to do something extremely risky, I use body strengthening and cover myself in lightning, then I jump onto the drake and claw at it, its scales were really tough but I manage to cut through them although that left my claws in a poor state, I try to move over to its head but it starts shaking and trying to throw me off, it then manages to use body strengthening and the shaking intensifies, this drake was learning how to fight better as we fought which was going to make this fight pretty difficult if we made it longer than it needed to, the drake then starts making water come out of its body to make me slip off of it, I nearly do but I had reached its head and manages to stick my claws into one of its eyes, it starts to rampage around in agony and tries to throw me off even more extremly, it had finally managed to throw me off then as I was falling off blasts me with an ice spike, the ice spike had brushed against the top of me but it still injured me, the ice spike takes out five trees behind it before it breaks, Ethan and Nozomi had resumed bombarding it because I wasn't on it anymore, but we had taken out one of its eyes making us able to have an upper edge, I go over and eat one of the mushrooms to heal myself a little bit, it was super bitter and gross, but I force myself to eat it, the effects were pretty great, I feel the pain decreasing and my energy was restored a bit, I go back into the fight, Nozomi and ethan were trying to stay in its blind spot but it manages to find them every time, did it manage to find some other way instead of seeing?

It turns out that removing its eye was useless as it could see exactly the same, no it might have been harmful actually as now it could see even better than before, even in a 360° angle, how could it do this?

Suddenly the wounds of the water drake had started closing, how was it learning so fast?! But this might actually be a blessing in disguise, as it will use even more energy which may cause it to run out, we try to stop it from healing by injuring it even more, Nozomi fires off countless light beams at it which stab into the drake, I shoot spears of light to skewer it, and Ethan shoot an air burst towards it which makes it lose its balance, it had recovered a lot of its previous injuries but now it had some more, it then looks towards me and opens its mouth, it then prepares its water cannon again, I already saw this move once and I had thought hard on how to be able to dodge it, the answer was relatively simple, I wait till it charges to around 80%, and then I loop around it before it realised it, it had tried to fire it on me but it had missed and hit the ground instead, the ground had started to crumble and was blasted away creating a gigantic crater that was filled with water, I realise now that we might run out of energy first before we can defeat it, its scales were way too hard and could handle too much damage, so I realize what we were supposed to do, I take the two remaining mushrooms and then pick up Ethan, it was harder now since he was larger, I use telepathy to tell him the plan.

"Ethan, eat one of the mushrooms then cover us in a wind barrier."

"O-Ok what are we gonna do?"

"We are gonna kill this thing from the inside."

"Wait wha-"

Sorry Ethan to force you into my plan, but it's too late, he creates a barrier hastily then I jump towards the mouth of the water drake, the drake opens its mouth as I expected, and tries to hit us with a water cannon, I use telekinesis to force us into its mouth and its cannon stops, then I tell the next part of my plan to Ethan.

"Squeeze out as much electricity as you can from outside this barrier."

Both of us shoot as much lightning into its insides and I move deeper into its body, I cut everything around me and lightning was scorching everything, the drake was struggling around, which was causing the entire place to shake, blood was covering us, suddenly water comes in from above us but it was blocked by Ethans wind barrier, I now take the rest of my energy and use it to make a giant lightning explosion inside it, the drake attempts to puke us out, which was stopped by Ethans barrier but it propelled us out of the insides of the drake, we fly out of it with puke around us, none of it touched us but it was still really gross, the water drake struggles for a bit, then it falls over, after an instant, its essence had left it body and flowed into me, the drake was finally dead, Nozomi runs over to us and smacks me on the head with her front leg.

"Owww, what was that for?!"

"That's for worrying me and not informing me of your plan, do you know what it looked like from my perspective, but I am really glad that you managed to survive and win."

After smacking me like that she rubs her head against me, wow from smacking me to being affectionate in an instant.

"We did it! We killed it from the inside, that was freaking awesome, oh by the way, do you have enough energy to evolve now?"

Ethan then started communicating with Nozomi, he was also being quite active from this victory, but now that he mentioned it, I tried measuring my energy, and saw that my chest felt full once more, that meant that I could evolve again.

8