Ch 51: The knights and the baron.
205 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*POV Leven*

We had arrived just in the nick of time, if we hadn't gotten here that creature would've killed Alvey, after driving off that creature we had gotten down into the crater that was created in the battle between these two, what monsters they were to be able to create such destruction, I thought as I looked around the crater. In the middle of the crater was Alvey, he was in a terrible condition, one of his arms had been cut off with no sign of where it was, and he was lying face first into the ground, but he was still alive.

Fae was the first to rush by his side, she immediately begins to heal his wounds and try to regenerate his arm, the rest of us came to help him too, I see that he had a bag on his hip, I recognize that bag as the one I had gifted to him when he was promoted to D-rank, I unconsciously smile when I see it, upon opening it I see that all of the contents inside it were smashed, the liquid from the healing potion was seeping out of the bag, looks like we had to heal him in the traditional way. All of us had started working on healing him, the three of us were mostly just providing energy as Fae told us what to do, eventually we had regenerated his arm and healed most of his wounds.

"Ah, thank god we got here in the nick of time." Fae said gratefully.

"Yeah, if we took any longer then that thing would have killed Alvey." William remarked.

"I am fairly sure it looked like a little boy, but it had some fox characteristics, could it be a fox beastkin?" Jonathan said.

"It's hard to judge in the darkness, but it is likely not one, we'd know about someone powerful enough to defeat Alvey." Was the explanation I gave.

"I'm fairly sure spirivulpes' can humanize though, likely it was the spirivulpes that he was hunting."

"But wasn't it just a two tails? If it got that strong we must put a request for a slayer to kill it."

"No... the spirivulpes is mine..."

We all look in shock at Alvey who had just returned to conciousness, Fae tries to get him to rest, he refuses bluntly and tries to get up but he still couldn't, although his injuries were healed his energy was still exhausted.

"Alvey, we have to return to Silverbrooks, you're way too exhausted to continue on and have to rest." I told him.

"I am so close... just a little more and I'll find it."

"You've always been adamant on your goals leader, but now is a time where we have to get you to return." Jonathan said.

Alvey stayed silent for a while, we had all waited for what he was gonna say.

"I understand... thank you my friends for being here, and I'm sorry for not being able to be with you like in the past."

We had all been pleasantly shocked by what he had told us, smiles were on our faces after hearing what he said, we finally had confirmation that he didn't abandon us.

"Then why did ya ignore us you idiot?!" Jonathan had exclaimed at him.

"The responsibility that had come to me after becoming a noble was crazy, I had to act proper all the time and manage the city practically all the time, I just didn't have time and couldn't act like I normally do with all of you."

I sense that things were heating up, as Jonathan looked like he was about to let all of the frustrations he carried with him on Alvey, I stop them, I pick up Alvey then shout that we were returning, Jonathan closes his mouth then bitterly walks in the front by himself, I overhear William and Fae talking.

"I hope we'd be able to return to the days when we were adventurers."

"Me too William."

I hope for the same thing as them, perhaps seeing Alvey like how I remembered him gave me hope?

We then return to the town under the moonlight of a Crescent moon.

*POV Rai*

After flying away from the four knights I started to look for Ethan and Nozomi, I didn't know where they were and my energy was running real low, I saw some more of those healing mushrooms so I had landed and used them on the spot, the fact was daunting on me that I was possibly going to spend the night alone, I didn't like that one bit but I knew that there was no chance I was gonna find them while exhausted, but tomorrow morning I was definitely gonna find them.

I had dug a burrow for me to be able to sleep in, it was quite easy even if I was injured. Laying in the burrow I was left alone with my thoughts, being in a burrow was very nostalgic, I didn't sleep in one for a long while, it made me remember my parents, that made me think of the last interactions I had with my dad, which were of me being a brat to him, I regret what I did very much, I wish I could've at least apologized for the stupid things I had done.

For the very first time in my second life, I was feeling lonely, the presence of nobody beside me sleeping or trying to sleep truly made me feel empty, all I could do was think of these memories as I tried to forcefully go to sleep, eventually after what felt like an eternity, I manage to drift off to sleep.

8