Ch 52: An abandoned child.
193 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up feeling panicked again, that same nightmare had happened to me for the third time in a row, each time I tried going to sleep I was plagued by the same nightmare, something was running after me, yet I couldn't run and my body had felt sluggish, I wanted to sleep but this nightmare is plaguing me.

I sit there by myself in the burrow, I see that the sun had started practically risen now, the sky was a dull grey but there were no clouds, which was quite unusual and made quite a bit of animals in the forest restless. I liked focusing on the nature around me, it made me feel at ease, and I didn't feel as lonely like that.

As I was looking at my surroundings I try to go to sleep, no matter what I did I just couldn't, I give up on it and decide to just get up, when I get up I feel numb and as if there were weights on me, my energy was still recovering so I wasn't in top condition.

I was pretty hungry, and so I catch a bird from the sky with telekinesis, kill it, then I eat it, having telekinesis like this was so convenient, but now was the important part, I had to find Nozomi and Ethan, where did I see them last time again? Ah, that's right when I told them to go without me they had landed somewhere near where I was.

I fly up and locate where me and that man had fought, it was quite easy seeing as the destruction was on a different level, there was a 50 meter wide crater where we had fought, and the trees around the crater had fallen or were cut and destroyed, before I fly over there I look around the place, I was now close to the edge of the forest and can see a village by the forest, looks like there is other people nearby. From up here I can see mostly just trees and a couple of villages and a town really far away, I see roads that have people walking on them with carriages being pulled by large bull like creatures.

The sight from the sky was magnificent, but I needed to get going, and so as I was about to head off in the direction of the crater, I hear the sound of crying, nothing here cries, unless it was a baby, I quickly fly to the direction of the crying and lo and behold, a baby was there crying, it was a one year old toddler that was left in a bundle of cloth on the floor, the little hair it had was brown and had white skin, there was no time to think about this baby though, as a snake had slithered out of some bushes and is trying to eat it, I hold it by telekinesis and throw it away from the baby, the snake didn't die since I got no essence so it was likely it had run off, I approach the baby, the baby continues crying, it was hurting my ears with how loudly it was crying, maybe it was scared of me? I use humanization in the hope of at least calming the baby down a little bit, then I hold it and try to calm it down, the baby just continues on crying continously, until it starts to settle down, when it starts to settle down I look around the forest with light techniques to see who left this baby here, after a while of looking I see two people heading back to the village, I think these two might be the parents of this child, the mother was crying and the father had a stern sad looking face, looking at these two angered me, why did they abandon their child here?

"So you also have no parents huh? Although your reason is a lot more cruel." I had found myself whispering to myself.

"I don't know what their circumstances are, but I cannot believe that they had thrown you away."

"Don't worry kid, I'll take care of you."

I didn't know the first thing about parenting or raising a kid, but anything would be better than letting it out to die, oh right, now let's see here... yep it's a girl, looking at the child, I can see that it was looking a little hungry, maybe they had problems with food? Uh, what do babies eat again? I guess semi solid food? While I was thinking hard the baby was staring at my face, when I look back down on her she bursts out laughing, I spot that she had only two teeth, although she was adorable I think that meat might be a no go, and with that thought I desperately look around for some food that she could eat, I manage to find some berries nearby, they were pretty soft and I think she could eat them, I try them out to see if they were safe and nothing happens to me, I also try them out on a mouse like creature I saw to make sure that it wasn't just me being too strong for the poison, the mouse was quite fine and had scurried off, I feed the berries to the kid and watch carefully if they were alright, luckily they were and I breathe a sigh of relief, I then try to feed her other stuff, like an egg I had gotten from a bird nearby, that bird had started blasting me with ice shards the instant I tried to touch the eggs, I had subdued the bird instead of killing it as I didn't wanna scare the child, guess you'll have to get older before you see death, kid.

I take the egg and then I cook it till it was cooked pretty well then I feed the baby slowly, after eating about half of it, she refuses to eat anymore, I taste the egg to see if it was any good, it tasted fine I guess, though it needed some salt, after finishing taking care of it, I fly up and go to my original destination, the crater caused by the fight between us, the baby was having fun as we flew though.

I have been taking care of this baby for only half an hour but it feels nice though I guess, although the baby was really being a pain in the neck. Alright, we had reached the place, I landed where I saw those two stay, I didn't find any of them, but looking around, I saw a message on a tree written in english.

"Rai, if you see this, that means that we had continued traveling on the same route that we were taking, that means that we will likely meet at the exit of the forest, if we get out before you, we will be waiting for you, and if you get out before us, then wait for us."

Damn Ethan, no need to cover the whole tree in writing, but the important thing is that I was still gonna be able to meet with them when I reach the end of the path I was travelling on, alright! Now let's go err, I remembered that I didn't name the kid anything, hmm a name for her, I guess something like Hope?

"Hey, do you like the name Hope?"

The kid didn't understand what I said to her but she seemed happy nonetheless, I guess I'll call her Hope.

Anyways as I was saying it was time to go, I hold Hope better and then begin to fly across the forest to my destination.

7