Ch 53: Leaving the forest.
213 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was continuously flying as I carried Hope in human form, the energy usage of these two techniques was slightly worrying, but I could hold it for a long time, so it didn't matter. I could now see the end of the forest, since I was flying at a pretty high speed, I land shortly after seeing the end, I was now finally out of the forest, when I was in the air I didn't see them anywhere outside the forest, so I will wait for them until they come here, I was about to sit down and relax until Hope starts reaching her hands upwards, hm? Did you want to go into the air again? Alright then, just one last time.

I fly her around a little then land back down, she still looked like she wants to fly more?! I kinda want to rest so sorry kid, I can't do it, Hope continues to ask to fly until she starts crying, ah, what do I do? What do I do?!

Uh, well, I think my aunt used to clam them down by getting them to do something else, now that I think of it when she said no to something she always never gave in to the demand of the kid, oh right that gives me an idea!

Hehehe kid, you have no idea what I'm about to do, the most powerful weapon an adult has over a baby, I face her face to face then I cover my face with my hands then...

"Peekaboo!"

She stops crying and instantly starts laughing, well, that worked like a charm, I felt a little silly doing it, but as long as she enjoyed it I could do it as many times as I could, eventually she goes to sleep, and I realized that I was also tired myself, and so I had went to sleep too.

*POV Nozomi*

"The remaining goblins are retreating, there is no need to continue fighting them."

"Yeah, I know."

The corpses of a dozen goblins were on the floor, taking care of them was ridiculously easy and gave practically zero essence, so I didn't mind letting the remaining ones go, but I was angry that they had interrupted us as we were leaving the forest.

"Don't worry Nozomi, I am sure Rai will meet up with us at the end of the forest."

"Yeah, I know that he won against that man, there is no chance that he could've lost right?"

"Yeah, and he'll meet up with us now."

I really do hope that he is there, no, I am sure he is there. We continue on our path at a brisk pace.

"Hey Ethan? Could you please continue showing me those anime things?"

"Oh-ho, sure 100% bro."

I didn't know what he was saying, but at least he continued, watching it was very entertaining, but Ethan had told me that they did not exist, well, they did look a little weird, but they were very powerful, seeing their attacks gave me inspiration on how to improve my fighting style.

As we were walking and watching what Ethan was showing me, suddenly the goblins had returned, but this time they had a large muscular creature with them, it looked really similar to the thing that killed my parents. It turns out that they wanted to fight huh?

"Hey Ethan, leave the big one to me."

"Sure."

I engage with the big one in combat, it tries to crush me with its giant hand by going for an overhead swing, at the last second before it lands on me, I pull myself back and the fist lands on the floor, while the dust was going up from the attack, I run up the arm that was on the floor up to the neck of this thing, it tries to swat me off with its other arm, I dodge by sticking my claws onto its back and sticking on the back of it, it then tries to jump back on the ground to crush me, but it never reaches the ground, because from my claws I had started pumping air into it, suddenly blood comes gushing out of it, then... its chest had exploded due to forcing so much air in it, ew, I'll never use this attack again.

I was lifting the body with telekinesis, which was what held it up, I slide away from it and then let it fall down, it had instantly died due to the air and I had absorbed its essence, I was a little underwhelmed by it, but the amount of air needed was pretty crazy, its body was certainly very tough, I see that Ethan had taken care of half of the goblins easily, yet the other half had started running away, well whatever, it looks like that was their leader.

"Come on Ethan, hurry up."

"Wait for me!"

Eventually the trees start thinning out and we finally leave the forest! I look around the place to try and find Rai, I then see him a little to my left, but there was also something with him, a weird little thing was sleeping and was covered by his tails.

"Wow, I think Rai found a baby, Nozomi."

"A baby? Is that the little thing?"

"Yeah, it's a human child."

I was still happy that we found him, although I don't know what he was doing with a human, I run towards him with all my might.

"Hey Rai! We're here!"

He suddenly wakes up, looks at himself then realizes something, the baby also woke up and started making a ton of noise, ahh it hurt my ears a ton, was that an attack?!

I see that he had changed into his human form and held the baby up then started hugging it and was saying something in its ears, the baby had finally stopped making that sound.

"Nozomi, I'm really happy to see you again."

He had suddenly said that to me telepathically. Yeah, I was also incredibly happy to see him, so happy that I didn't know what to do.

"Also, please don't make too much noise otherwise the baby will start crying."

"Now that gives me a good question, why is it with you?"

I didn't know why he carried such a troublesome thing with him, and I wanted to know why.

7