Ch 64: Spider-filled village.
999 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We had walked upon the path that Walter told us to get to the forest of Naher, after we run out of sight from the village, I return to my normal form, we kept on walking beside the road to avoid any adventurers or slayers, luckily we didn't run into anyone. No, it was strange that no one was nearby at all, I heard Nozomi complain about the village chief.

"What was that idiot doing, trying to attack us as we were leaving, and why did you stop me Rai?"

"If you attacked him there that would've caused a ton of problems, and I don't know why he attacked us, but most of his attacks looked like deliberate misses, so I think he just wanted to let us go like that, why though? I dunno."

We continue talking about other topics as we walk, we had talked with a three way telepathy to invite Ethan into the conversation. As we walked I had noticed a very strange village nearby, the village was covered in spider webs and had many large spiders inside it, that was a pretty creepy sight, but what made it even worse was the dozens of human shaped cocoons.

Looking closer, we could see hundreds of spiders scuttling around that village, huh that's weird, they do look similar to the ones we met in the cave. But did they attack this village, or was it a stronger spider?

"Hey you two, did you see that village there?"

"Yeah, it looks like all the humans in it were eradicated."

"Eugh, that's some creepy stuff man, I really hate spiders."

"I think we should do the world a service and eradicate all those spiders, maybe also look for survivors."

We all agree on going towards that village, and as we got closer, the spiders had become more violent, it looks like they didn't know the difference between us. As dozens of spiders approach us, Ethan flinches, guess he really doesn't like spiders. I use a fire technique to shoot flames at them like a flamethrower, the spiders catch fire and start panicking as they were running, but this wasn't all of them, as more spiders were inside the village. The spiders that were on fire were still approaching us, as they were approaching, Nozomi uses a wind technique to increase the potency of the fire that was affecting them. Nearly instantly charring them black, we then head into the village to continue our exterminator business. We see spiders all around us, on the walls of the buildings, the roofs, they were everywhere. It looked like they were preparing something though, a second later I figured out what they were preparing, they were preparing nets. That was pretty impressive, but it wouldn't be enough to contain or beat me.

As they throw the nets on me, I scorch it away with fire, then I find the spiders that threw them and fire a light beam at each one of them, it pierces through their skulls and kills them, we continue on eradicating all of the spiders, until eventually, we could find no more in the village. But now was the time to search for any survivors here, I turn into my human form then shout: "Hey! Is anyone alive in here?!" As loud as I could.

No one responds to my call, no one had exited any one of those web covered houses. I go up to one of the cocoons then feel the energy inside it, nothing. The person inside this cocoon was already dead, I do the same for every other cocoon and find that they all were dead. This village had already been eradicated, the buildings could be salvaged, but what is the use when there is no one to use these buildings?

Well, since no one will ever use them, I guess it's fine to go into each one of these houses and take what we need.

"Hey Nozomi, Ethan, should we grab anything we need in this village, since no one needs this stuff anymore?"

"No one is using it, so I don't see the problem?"

"Man, I feel a little bad taking things from the dead."

"Yeah, it feels a little bad."

"But I guess having a look at least won't be that bad."

We decided to at least have a look around this village to see if there was anything worth taking, when I go to a blacksmith looking place, I see several things that had my interest. The anvil which was shining in a slight greenish tone, and the dozens of daggers and spears that were laid around here, when I think more about it, I didn't need the spear and daggers that much, but it would be super cool to have them float around me and slice up my enemies, as for the anvil, well, I do want to try blacksmithing once or twice, plus it'd be very cartoonish if I dropped this on someone, when I go inside I see some coins lying on the table, they were made with copper and iron, but they were coins nonetheless, the village we were staying at was too remote to have any kind of currency in it, as the most common thing was trading. I pick up these things except the weapons and put them in my sub-space, then I head over to any location that resembled a clothier or something, when I find that location, I found that it was covered in spider webs, after removing those spider webs. I see that there were a ton of different clothes, all of them were either too large or too small on me, nothing was a nice fit, so I took them to break them down into fabric. I also took any pieces of fabric I found.

We had then met up in the village square, each one of us discussed what they found.

"Well, I found a bunch of crafting stuff, and some coins."

"I also found some coins, but I also found some armor, although it's completely useless." Said Ethan

"I didn't find anything that interested me." Said Nozomi

"Well, it doesn't matter, let's leave and get back on the path to the forest of Naher."

When we leave the village I pray for the villagers that have died, poor fellows must've been outnumbered by these spiders. And so we continue walking on the path until we reach the Cloudsplitter mountains.

*POV ???*

One of my children had returned with some most terrible news, apparently one of the human settlements that I had destroyed and my children were occupying had all of them eradicated, I was livid at these news, who dared to go against me?

My child had told me more about that, it was apparently two multi-tailed foxes and a horned rabbit, when I hear that there were two foxes, I freeze, I ask it if they used fire and wind techniques, it answered me with yes, they even used the wind technique to power up the fire one, it must be them. From that description I know it to be those two, I get up from the home that I had spun and get down from up between these two human structures, I will now prepare to find these two foxes, no matter what, and when I find these two.

I will deliver to them a most terrible death.

5