The Server is Under Re-construction (Arc One, Chapter 1)
104 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexander quietly floated nearby, watching his two previous friends leave the room as an emergency meeting was called by the higher-ups. Leaving him alone, he elected not to follow currently. 

The ghostly NPC quietly sat down on the bed, or rather, pretended to. He didn't need the bed to support his own body, seeing as it weighed nothing, but he pretended he did to give himself some anchoring point. 

"Well" he said, taking a deep breath and exhaling, his voice he notices was, almost echoing. He wonders briefly if it was heard. Judging by the fact no one bursts into the room though he takes it that it doesn't. He quietly opens up his menus, trying to access them. He could still access his stats, but he already checked that, his factions and relationships were still there. Everything seemed in order at the very least.

He paused his hand over the server, when he checked this the first time, what felt like quite a long time ago, it showed him the countdown to the game opening up. He waited a moment before opening it, maybe it would have an answer as to how long the players would take to rejoin.

Announcement

>>>Time Dilation Mode Has Been Activated<<<
Days until server reopens (real-time) 5 days
Days until server reopens (game-world time) 3 months

He stared at the time for a good few minutes, before quietly standing up, or, floating up. He was prepared for this possibility, that this may be done at some point. It wasn't expected though by this point, not by him. 

He had three months, three months was a lot of time. Someone better than him probably could accomplish a lot in that time. If someone could accomplish a lot, he could accomplish something. He flies out of the room, his first priority, trying to find a way to interact with the physical world as a ghost.


"5 days is a long time" Death Seeker, Mark, says having the server countdown open on his phone as he took a long drink of bottled water. He finished the whole thing before tossing it aside. 

"Well, it's not going to affect much, guess we are just going to need to wait huh?" Thrill Seeker says through the call. 

"Yeah, I guess" he sighs, picking the phone up to his ear, flinching as a loud news tone rings right in his ear "Hmm, that means there's some news about the game" he mutters.

"I'll call you back, going to check this" he says, hanging up on his colleague and checking the alert.

Mark stared at the article, before tossing his phone down  onto the bed and taking a deep breath. He goes back to his Gateway Capsule to quickly contact Amber and Lapis, they had to have seen this too.


"In recent news, the game Reality Dive has finally been shut down for so called maintenance by the main developer behind it, Reality Entertainment" a news anchor says, the TV screen illuminating a dim room. 

A young blonde man quietly was packing his things away, stuffing suitcases. A look of tiredness was on his face. It seems that no matter what he did, nothing was going the right way. 

"However, what has players concerned is that it has come to attention that the Time Dilation Mode is under effect. It will be three months in game time before the players are able to rejoin, alongside this, news has come out that the recent patch includes the total removal of Ultima from the game. Ultima being a controversial NPC who caused real life issues. It makes sense on why he was removed, but it still has managed to rile the NPC rights groups that have formed, believing that these fictional beings are one step closer to sentience" The news anchor talked, and Steve, the blonde CEO of Reality Entertainment, took a deep breath before he shut the TV off.

The game directors told him they had no idea how the information was leaked. They also told him that no one had ever thought of activating the time dilation mode. Which meant one of two things, someone was working in the company and trying to control things. Turning on the mode could only happen a few minutes after the server is shut down, and the time couldn't just randomly be changed. Or, and what he truly feared, the infinite possibility system itself assessed the situation and did it. Not only did it do that, it leaked it's own information in some sort of spite against it's creators.

The second option seemed so insane, even to himself, that he didn't mention it. He was not going to stick around though, he was leaving the country, he had all the cash he could get. He was going to get on a flight, leave for someplace nice, and hide out. The pressure from all of this, was too much. He felt like he had totally lost control of this situation.


"I can't remain in The Ark HQ" Alexander mutters to himself, phasing through wall after wall until he reached the surface, the sun was beginning to set today. He flew into the air, propelled by nothing more than his own thoughts, he did it with instinct. He turned in the air and looked at the HQ beneath him. The surface was already a military base, but beneath it was a sprawling underground network of tunnels and rooms and secrets. It was the place he called home.

"I want to, but if I seek strength, I won't find it surrounded by old memories" he says somewhat sadly, folding his legs as he floats in the air. "Ultima doesn't exist, anymore. I still do though, which means there is a chance, to create something new" his eyes light up, a burning gaze in them.

He looked to the sky "You don't tend to answer me, you don't answer players" he laid back in the air and turned slowly, flipping. He didn't have a stomach or blood to turn though. "System, I want to make a new origin" he mutters. He was talking to a system, but he believed that something was up with it, it was surprised long ago when he could make his own class, and it gave notes of it's own.

A few moments passed, enough time for him to have completed a full revolution, he took a deep breath, not all that annoyed as he began to try and fly to somewhere else. Only to have a screen pop up in front of his face.

Announcement
The Ultima Error: Origin Story.
Mission: Decide upon the nature of your new origin, a hero, a villian, a mysterious figure, or something different?
Reward: Ability to create 1 new class with a single level in it, further access to an origin mission chain.
Failure: Unable to be failed, unless you never do it.
Notes: What will be your new purpose then?

Alexander paused, before closing the window "Well, it's  a good question" he hums, continuing his travel as he thought on the question asked of him. What type of origin should this new one be?

3