The Awakening of the Villain (1/3)
616 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*********

Chapter 1

Title: The Awakening of the Villain (1/3)

*********

In the dead of night at the Blossom City.

In a 2BHK apartment, a man in his early twenties is holding a smartphone in his hands. His appearance is average with no special facial features but his height and well-developed body making him gain a little attention where he goes.

As usual, his eyes were glued to the contents displayed on the screen. He is now reading the last chapter of "City's Invincible Solider". He is not reading this novel because he liked it, in contrast to it, he quite hates it.

The young man continued reading it further making his face turn ugly bit by bit, but still went on and patiently scroll downed the page using his thumb finger on the screen.

But his hands tightening the grip over the smartphone which looked as if it will be broke in two at any time.

It was not the first time his face turned ugly reading this novel. Many times in the past he dropped the novel in the mid-way, again and again, but every time he did that he couldn't help as his anxiety, frustration, and restlessness made him resume the novel the very next day.

Every time he read or resumes this novel, he felt his heart being crushed into pieces and bleeding endlessly. And for some reason, he was unable to shake this feeling off even if he wanted to. It was like it has happened to him rather than the fictional character mentioned in the novel.

One of the reasons is his name, he has the same name as the villain in the novel, that is Gu Cheng.

In a few minutes, Gu Cheng eventually finished the last chapter. After that, he then silently turns off his screen.

"…Sigh! It's to be expected." Saying that his back weakly leaned on the sofa. His tone was full of disappointment.

As anyone can expect in the end the villain was killed by the protagonist who is full of cheats, resources, luck, power, connections, and money. After that the protagonist got to have a happy ending with his harem, enjoying his life at the fullest.

In Gu Cheng's point of view, it is not at all a happy ending!

"What the hell, the villain managed to tear off the protagonist's arms in the middle of the fight, so he should have an upper hand! Yet he lost and died in the hands of that bastard! After the fight that shameless bastard used some pills and godly healing potions to attach his arms back. F*ck the plot armor!"

"Damn… why the villain was so dumb at the start." Gu Cheng continued "Before the protagonist appears in the storyline the so-called villain was so clean despite being the young master of the rich family. But when the protagonist appears in the novel, his mind and heart turned dark after losing his fiancé to him and the lives of his beloved parents. After that what do you expect from him! He wanted to seek revenge on the protagonist which seemed quite genuine to me."

"The protagonist is a ruthless man who constantly massacres the entire family for his one-sided hatred and flirts with several girls on his so-called journey to become strong. While the villain at the beginning was a righteous man who is obedient, possessive, honest personality with immense love devoted to his one and only fiancé but in return, he was called a licking dog and looked down on him and given him a cold shoulder and finally dumps him for the protagonist."

After complaining, god knows how many times.

"Sigh...If I had given a chance as the villain I swear that I make the shitty protagonist regret being ever born!"

Gu Cheng is confident to do this.

But he knows that they are just fictional characters in the novel and it is impossible for this to happen. Though he knew it well, he felt a huge disappointment in his heart and somehow wished it really could happen in reality.

Gu Cheng felt tired from today's work in the office. The manager pushed all the work on him making him stay till late at the night. It so happened that the manager saw his wife flirting with him yesterday in the office bouquet. So one can expect why the manager making things hard for him.

It's already past twelve o'clock and he has to go to the office tomorrow early.

Subsequently, Gu Cheng turned off the cell phone and put it for charging, and then walked to his bedroom.

As soon as he lay on the bed his exhausted body gave in and he quickly dozed off.

After a while, Gu Cheng was enveloped by celestial energy and his body started to fly a few meters above the bed and slowly his soul left his body, sometime after his cold body laid back on the bed.

Unknown to him, his soul wandered the empty void until finally reaching the world he sincerely wished for and successfully getting transmigrated into the novel as the villain.

Fulfilling what he wished for.

In the morning the sun raised shining brightly and the rays passed through the window and fell gently on Gu Cheng's cold face. If it was a normal day he would have already woken by now.

****

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

-Main Mansion of Gu Family-

Gu Cheng opened his eyelids revealing his beautiful back eyes, unlike his former ones. He felt his body light as new. His body is brimming with energy. But when he noticed that the scene he was shocked to the core, failed to react.

Instead of his regular room, he woke up in a different room making him startle.

His view filled with a lot of luxury things and was sure they worth millions. His heart is filled with nervousness.

Did I get kidnapped? What's going to happen to me? I'm still dreaming?

When he shifted his gaze to the right side, he saw a lady in an OL suite silently stood beside him while carrying a file in her arm making him almost jump away from the bed.

He was stunned and rooted on the spot seeing her looks.

Her appearance can be put in just two words, "Absolute beauty".

Even the heroines he saw on T.V would be pale in comparison. She looked like a fairy descended from the fairyland. Her face and body didn't show any flaws. Seeing her jade-like skin made him wonder how nice it would be to touch. The chest region is also well developed making him to unable to look away.

It was difficult for him to tear away the gaze from her chest so he gave up and as a man of culture, he was always honest with his desires even in the past, so he shamelessly continued to stare at them and imagining how beautiful they look underneath.

His gaze was like it was trying to undress her with his eyes.

Maybe feeling his gaze the lady's beautiful face flushed in red but soon turned back normal.

The lady in the OL dress was puzzled by the sudden change in behavior of the man but felt happy inside. It was the first time that Gu Cheng paid attention to her as a lady. She longed for this day for a long time.

"Y-Young Master Gu, you made an appointment with Miss Lin today. Please wake up and get ready." the lady finally said so with a heavy heart, she thought he won't stop gazing unless she interrupts him. Though she felt reluctant but decided to do her job.

Haaa...her voice is lovely too. Wait a minute! Something seems wrong here.

"Young Master"? Miss Lin?? Who are they? And by the way, who are you, beauty" Gu Cheng said in confusion

Hearing the word beauty, the lady blushed deep red but still continued "Y-Y-young Master 1Gu! You would be late! I fear Miss Lin would be angry waiting for you!" She said in a hurry to hide her embarrassment but her face is still red.

"Miss Lin? Who is she? Why would she wait for me?" Gu Cheng still didn't understand what is going on so he couldn't help but ask the lady.

He thought inwardly "Wait! I am still dreaming? Yeah! That it! There is no other reason for a beauty like her being beside me"

When she heard him the lady's flawless face is filled with worry "Young Master! Miss Lin is your fiancé. You got engaged with her three years ago. You asked me to make an appointment with her a week ago, however, due to her busy schedule, she didn't give any. As Young master was so persistent about it so she finally gave in and agreed to it three days ago and fixed an appointment for today." The lady said bitterly.

He thought "Huh! Fiancé? Did I get engaged? Wait a minute….. Doesn't these names sound familiar? Just like in the novel which I painstakingly finished. She called me "Young master Gu" definitely my surname is Gu but why did she tag young master to it? Did I get transmigrate in that novel? If that's the case then did I hijacked his body?.... If it is real, as per the novel the young master of the Gu family, Gu Cheng, now me, with the same name eventually becomes the cannon fodder for the protagonist. And the present situation seems too real to be a dream. If I indeed became him, I would get face slapped and later killed by him. No! I refuse to die in the hands of the bastard! I will be the one killing him! ...…..hmmmmm...wait! Then this beautiful lady here is….his, no my personal secretary, Cài Mingyu "

Thinking the lady is his personal secretary made him think of many perverted things causing an unconscious gulp.

*Gulp*

" …!"

Gu Cheng thought calmly "If what I think is correct then the situation is still is unknown, so it's best to not make things for me"

Faking a cough Gu Cheng said "*Cough* *Cough**...Cancel the appointment with Miss Lin"

Cài Mingyu looked worried seeing Gu Cheng not say anything but when he spoke she was taken aback by his sudden words and tried to interrupt.

"But Young Master... "

She doesn't know what had gotten into the young master today. But Cài Mingyu knew well that Gu Cheng was anticipating this day for a week and even slept early to look fresh when he visit her today. He prepared many presents for Miss Lin to make her heart open to him.

"Cancel all the appointments today including Miss Lin's. I wish to spend be alone for some time. If anyone asks me just say that I'm not feeling well and don't disturb me unless it is something important" Gu Cheng said keeping a straight face hiding his nervousness.

Gu Cheng wondered where he got this confidence from. He doesn't know how handsome he looked now with his new avatar.

"So handsome....!" Cài Mingyu praised inside her heart

If some regular girl sees him like this she would blush and get shy. But thankfully Cài Mingyu got used to it so she made no fuss. On the surface, she looked collected but her heartbeat beating hard. It was so loud that she worried that Gu Cheng might hear. After all, she is a girl too. Seeing the young master not want to talk about this Cài Mingyu left without pressing the matter anymore.

Cài Mingyu had a feeling that Gu Cheng changed so much in only one night and a warm smile bloomed on her face. In the past even if Young Master Gu felt ill, he won't complain and instead put on a smiling face so that he can spend more time with his fiancé. But that b*tch, Lin Yuxuan ignored him and always gest irritated with him and put a cold displeased look.

Every time when Cài Mingyu sees that b*tch treating her Young Master Gu poorly and taking advantage of him, she felt pain deep down. Cài Mingyu cursed Lin Yunxuan practically every day and developed immense hatred towards her.

-To be continued!

-----

Author Note:

Thank you for reading!

Add this novel to your library to not miss updates.

Feel free to comment and share your options and ideas.

17