Chapter 05 : Personal Evil Merchant, Get!
4.6k 10 117
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is already night and I went back into my bedroom. I had already promised Gurguit and I will make my best to fulfill it. Even though I am going to be an Evil Lord, I will keep my promises that were given to my subordinates.

I review the documents that are needed to be checked (related to my money). And I sleep after deeming it unnecessary.

After I woke up in the morning, I cleaned myself and went to the dining room. After having some light breakfast, Luna told me that our new summoned had awakened. Of course, I went toward her room immediately.

When I got inside, I was greeted by the sight of a young girl getting out of the bed to kneel in front of me. I look at Luna and she knows what I want her to do. The girl was returned to the bed with a blanket covering her.

"You do not need to do that," I said. "And moreover, you are no longer a slave the moment you stepped foot in this mansion."

"Wha? I… What?" she started gawking.

"What I want to tell you is that you are no longer a slave. Slavery is now banned in this land starting today," I told her like I am stating the fact.

"Master," Luna tried to tell me something.

"I know what I am doing, Luna. By banning slavery in my territory, many will hate me. Let them hate me. I am going to be an absolute evil. I don't care what they think about me," I cut her off.

"And now, back to you. Can you tell me about yourself before you got here?" I asked the girl.

"I don't know when but by the time I was aware of my surroundings, I was already a slave. I was first sold to the kind noble who taught me how to read. After he died, I was sold to a knight to be a servant. After Sir Knight died in battle, I was again sold to another man together with another 30 slaves. I ran away after killing the slaver with a dull knife. When I got tired and tried to lay on the ground, I heard a voice telling me if I want to free from all of the things I am suffering. Of course, without a doubt, I said yes. And I arrived here," she told us with tears falling down from her face.

See? That is the reason why I hate slavery. Once you are a slave, you will never free from the suffering unless you meet a good master, who are as rare as good Isekai Light Novels. I said nothing and stand beside her bed and started patting her.

After she calms down a little, I asked her about her name.

She replied, "Slaves are not permitted to have a name."

"Then I will give you a name. Delfina, from now on that will be your name," I said.

"Then what should I call you?" she asked meekly.

"What do you want to call me?"

"Can I call you "Brother"? I am sorry! It was impudent of me to think about calling someone of your status as my brother," she immediately apologizes.

I was surprised. Just surprised. Nothing more. And I think, having a family member of my own would be nice when the blood-related family members ran away after leaving me with enormous debts. And I need her for something. This is one of the best ways to gain her favor.

"I don't mind," I said.

"Eh?"

"I said I don't mind having you as my big sister," I replied.

"Really?" She is still in denial.

"Yes, really. Just… don't make me regret to have you as my sister."

"Don't worry, I will try my best to become the best sister for you!" she smiled.

"Then, I will be leaving you here. Take a rest in the meantime," I said while going toward the door with Luna following behind me.


Just like that, a week has passed. Delphine recovered fully yesterday but I told her to stay in her bed. During this week, Luna told me that Delphine asked for books related to business, history, and geology of the continent as she didn't have anything to do besides sleeping. Yes, my plan is going smoothly.

I heard a knock on the door. After I gave permission, Luna and Delphine came into the room. Gurguit is also here as he needs to act as my bodyguard when Luna is staying with Delphine.

"How are you feeling, sis?" I asked.

"I am fine now, dear brother. Thanks to you, I had never felt better," she smiled brightly.

"I see. Anything you want, sis?"

"Ah… I want to have permission from you," she looks shy.

"Okay, you can ask."

"I would like to be a merchant," she said.

"Hmm… the reason is?" I asked while fighting down the urge to grin.

"I want to be useful to you. I can't do housework properly like Lady Luna, unlike Sir Gurguit, I can't even lift a sword. So, I want to help you with the talent I've discovered myself when I was studying under the kind noble," she tried to answer my question.

"I haven't told anyone, including the kind noble that I've already learned how to write and looked over his accounting books which he left accidentally near our studying place. Dear brother, I am sure I am talented in managing the business," she gave me an unwavering look.

"I see. Then, I will accept your proposal. I will give you the budget you needed to start up the business," I said. She smiled.

"But! You will not tell anybody that you have a relation with Gregorio's household. Of course, that means you can't use your last name too. You will just be Delphine to outsiders. Another thing you need to do is information collecting. If you agree these two, I will agree," I told her seriously. Every Evil Lords need an information collecting crew. One of the reasons why I am letting her become a merchant is because of that.

"I agree," she replied resolutely.

"Then I can give you 2 platinum coins as your startup money. I am sorry for only giving you this much. Our house is also in debt, you see," I gave her a platinum coin, 99 gold coins, 99 silver coins, and 100 bronze coins. For those who don't know, 100 bronze coins are equal to 1 silver coin. 100 silver coins are equal to 1 gold coin and 100 gold coins are equal to 1 platinum coin.

For your information, I need to pay 5 platinum coins to my parents yearly and the total debts before they handed over the territory to me is 30 thousand platinum coins. And yearly tax I needed to pay to the country is 10 platinum coins. I got 1 platinum coin and 50 gold coins monthly as a tax from my territory after I had lowered the taxes. So, I get a total of 8 platinum coins after handing over the money to the country as a tax. Putting away the money I need to pay my parents, I get 3 platinum coins to spare. And after giving away 2 platinum coins to Delphine, I only have 1 platinum for myself.

I am poor! Thank god I sold away those useless things from my other mansions.

"Gurguit, do you know anyone who can act as her guard when she is away?" I asked Gurguit. Delphine is looking confused.

Gurguit turned toward Delphine and asked, "Do you like flowers?" He got a nod as an answer.

"Then you can send Marcia with her, my lord. I can grantee her skills," Gurguit turns toward me and answers.

"Oh, that girl with a duo personality, isn't she?" I asked.

"That is correct, my lord."

{System, summon Marcia from the troop.}

[Initiating summoning sequence.]

The light shone and we can see a young maiden wearing a short skirt, a golden and sky-blue armor with a white blouse under it. She has brown hair with her eyes color is yellow. She has a yellow hat over her head. On her side, she keeps a short rapier.

Spoiler

[collapse]

"Oh, Captain! Long time no see. Is this the one you are serving now?" she asked.

"That is correct, Marcia. And both my Lord and I have a mission for you," Gurguit told her.

"Marcia, right? My name is Urien Gregorios. And this is my adopted sister, Delphine Gregorios. I would like you to act as her bodyguard when she goes out and starts her own business," I started my request.

"Oh! I accept the order, my lord." She said with a kind tone. Her face even fills with kindness. But I don't let myself fool. She may act full of kindness one time, then she may act very rude the other time.

"Thank you for accepting my request," I thanked her.

"Then Marcia, you and Delphine can get to know each other over the tea. Luna, show them the way," I told them. And Luna bows a little and leads them outside the room.

"Are you sure you want Marcia to take the job, Gurguit?" I asked him when only two of us are left in the room.

"I am sure, my lord. She might have some issue with her personality, her skills are undeniable," he replied.

"I hope you are right, Gurguit. I hope you are right," I replied. That time, I didn't know that every time Marcia kills someone because they've annoyed her, the little rival Gurguit has in expanding my territory.

A boring chapter, I know. Please bear with me. The plot will start moving from next chapter.

117