Chapter 01 : I Asked The System To Give Me Trouble
2.8k 8 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am now currently on my way to the territory of the Marquis… what was his name again?

"His name is Tango Oak, Master," Luna interrupted my monologuing.

"Wait, did you read my mind?" I asked baffled.

"No, it is just showing on your face, Master. You are bad at remembering names," she said.

I just stared at Luna. Anyway. I am on my way to Marquis Oak's territory. He invited me for his son's coming of age birthday.

You see, when a person turns 10 years old in this world, you will be celebrating a coming-of-age ceremony. Most of the nobles celebrate the birthday party and coming of age ceremony because they have money. Yup, commoners don't celebrate their birthday party but they do celebrate the coming-of-age ceremony because that is once in a lifetime celebration for all of us.

Although this is not the first time I go out of my territory, this is the first time I am meeting someone whose rank is higher than mine. But! Do I need to be scared of him? Of course not. I can kill him easily if I want to. Do I want to sit in front of the desk and finish the unending paperwork because I kill him and take all of his territories? No! I'd rather go and hunt down the bandits.

"By the way, Master. Do you really think that leaving Nightingale as a head nurse of the hospital would be a good idea?"

Ah… Nightingale. It has been over a month since I've summoned her.

"Meh… It will be alright," flashback to almost getting my arm amputated by her just because of a tiny papercut. "I think?"

We just talk about this and that all the way. During the travel, I've learned the art of drinking tea without spilling a drop while riding on the carriage. After traveling for 3 days, we have arrived at the marquis's territory.

"Where will we be staying tonight, Luna?"

"The Marquis invited us to stay at his mansion, Master."

His mansion won't be able to fit all the nobles that come for the party. It seems he only invite some of the nobles he wants to make ties with. But, why me? I am of someone lower rank than him. Is he trying to make fun of me because someone younger than his son is governing the land?

"I don't want to stay in his mansion because something smells fishy. But if I don't stay there, I might offend him. What do you think I should do, Luna?"

"I think you should go, Master. If something were to happen, I will be there to protect you," she replied.

"Then, off to the mansion then."

We arrived at the gate. Wow, this marquis has good taste, I must admit. The mansion is built on top of the hill. I also want something like that.

"Welcome, Lord Gregorios. My lord is expecting you," when I got in front of the mansion, an old butler greets me. And I can see some disdain in his eyes.

"I see. I can bring my maid, right?"

"Yes, you can bring your personal attendant, lord Gregorios."

Sigh, that is the reason why I don't want to deal with other nobles. Even their servants are looking down on me. I mean, I clearly said 'maid' right? But he changed it to 'personal attendant'.

A personal attendant can be interpreted in many ways. In this case, he means 'nanny'. Someone younger than their young master acting like a lord. I am sure he doesn't mean 'sexual' way when he said 'personal attendant'. I am still young in their eyes after all.

I was led to the waiting room. After waiting for a while, a man came into the room. Goddammit, he is fat! How did a person like him get a wife! Is it because of arranged marriage? I am sorry for his wife.

A beautiful lady also came after him. Is that his wife? She is looking at me with disdain? Welp, I can now proudly say that she and her husband are the perfect matches.

"I am glad that you accepted my invitation, Lord Gregorios," he said while trying to hide his laugh. What an arsehole. There goes my first impression of him. Wait, there is no good impression on him to begin with.

"My name is Tango Oak and this is my wife," he looks at his wife.

"My name is Rital Oak. It is a pleasure to meet you, Lord Gregorios," she said while covering her mouth with a fan. But what she doesn't know is that I can see a grin on her mouth.

"Is there anything you need, Lord Oak? You even invited me to stay at your mansion after all," I do a Gendo pose.

"We can talk about the business after the party. For now, you can go and rest in your room," the pig said.

Seriously? Why did you even make me wait in this room for you if you just going to send me back to my room? Is this the way of him saying 'I am of higher status than you'? Well, he is right. I won't be able to do anything to him… for now. I will deal with him after my territory grows in economic value. For now, I will just quietly go back to my room.


After getting into my room, I just dive into the bed. I felt like I lost a few brain cells just by talking with those two for a while. Is that even talking? We just greeted each other, right? And I just remembered that I didn't even introduce myself yet! Fu*king arseholes.

"What do you think, Luna?"

"They are plotting something, Master. I got a hunch that they want something from you. Do you want me to investigate?"

I thought for a while and decided not to do so. I am in foreign territory and I can't send Luna away as I still don't know their fighting power. I might be able to live in my territory like a king. But when I am outside, I am just like any other nobles.

"No, just stay here. I will get to know eventually."

After taking a rest, a tray of food was sent to the room. The foods sure look appetizing. The tastes are weird. Sometimes it tastes sourer than it should be and some foods taste spicier than they should. Well, different regions, different tastes, I guess.

Luna said she don't need to eat. But I am pretty sure she will be going to the kitchen while using 'Za Warudo'.

After finished eating, I opened the window and looks at the moon with a cup of tea in my hand. It had become a habit of mine after coming back from Kimetsu no Yaiba world. But in this world, I am drinking tea instead of sake.

Now, I miss Nezuko. And of course, Elle too. But I am pretty sure I won't be able to see her again. Unless she also reincarnated into this world, seeing her again is nigh.

I am thinking about my trip to Kimetsu no Yaiba world. Because of <Word Magic>, it became too easy. It was fun but I will always end up using the <Word Magic> instead of working hard to face enemies. That is not a good thing. If I am to go to another world, I want to test my limit.

I know the fact that there are many things left to discover in this world. And I want to discover those. I want to lead the army from the front line instead of sitting at the back when I am ready to begin my conquest to become an Evil Lord. So, I need to temper myself again and again. And the other worlds are a good choice to test me.

I know the System won't give me trouble but I am getting myself some trouble.

{System, what will I get if I limit my use of <Word Magic> to 3 per world?}

[Waiting for the reply from the higher-ups. Reply received.]

[You will get 2 x <Random Character Summon Ticket>, 1 x <Random Skill Summon Ticket>, 1 x <Random Weapon Summon Ticket> and, 1 x <Troop Summon Ticket>.]

{Tell them to make it 2 x <Troop Summon Ticket>} I mean troops contain many individuals. And I can summon one by one. 

[They accepted.]

{Great. Then do it.}

[Sending 2 x <Random Character Summon Ticket>, 1 x <Random Skill Summon Ticket>, 1 x <Random Weapon Summon Ticket> and, 2 x <Random Troop Summon Ticket> to your <Inventory>.]

{Use 1 x <Random Skill Summon Ticket> and 1 x <Random Weapon Summon Ticket>}

[Using 1 x <Random Skill Summon Ticket> and 1 x <Random Weapon Summon Ticket>]

[Congratulation, host. You got…]

Shitty chapter and I know it. I wrote it in an hour because I got something really important to do.

And without doubt, I am sure to get a lot of hate in this chapter because of the nerf.

82