Chapter 03 : Are You Sure You Are Not Trying to Make Me OP?
2.6k 10 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look at the rewards. I blinked once, twice, then rubbed my eyes. I just gawk at the System interface for over five minutes.

{Er… System? I told you that I want to limit myself, right?}

[Yes, host.]

{Then why am I getting these OP skills and tome?}

[Because you are lucky, host. Things you got are random.]

{Okay… Just give me the explanation of the things I got.}

[Mystic Eyes of Distortion (Weakened Version)] 

[Allows one to change the trajectory of flying objects, even those with great supernatural power as long as the user can see it. Will go blind if used excessively.]

So, I can't do the bridge thing, huh? Not that I will always use it. I don't know if <Althea> would be able to heal the blindness from the overuse of the Mystic Eyes.

[Rasiel (Restricted to 3 times uses per a Multiverse Travel)] 

[Rasiel, also known as Tome of Revelation is an Angle of Nia Honjou. It is a book that can give the user information about anything that has ever happened in the world, no matter where and when. The user of <Rasiel> becomes near omniscient. However, to use this ability, the user has to consciously think about the subject they are looking into and their Angel does not automatically detect any danger coming to the user. It is also incapable of giving information about a person's inner thoughts and events that have not occurred yet. Another limitation is that the Angel can only give facts, as it cannot tell the user the subjective information like what she should do when the user is unsure of themselves.] 

[Another usage of the Angle is that everything written in <Rasiel> is the fact; therefore, everything that the user writes in the book will become reality. However, the ability to change the future is not absolute.]

I stared, stared, and stared again. What the hell with this weapon? I know powers from DAL are bulls*it but this is another level of BS. I've only watched anime and haven't read the LN yet. Thanks to *cough* my laziness *cough*.

{System, can I modify the way my Mystic Eyes look?}

[You can, host.]

{Then can you make it so that the rings of light appear around my eyes instead of turning my eyes red whenever I use my Mystic Eyes?}

[Done]

{Thank you}

Do I want to use other tickets? No, not yet. I will summon them after getting back to my territory. After my daily dose of moon gazing, I went to bed.

It would be a lie if I said I like the way they are treating me. First, they didn't tell us when the event is going to start. When I asked someone, they replied with the word "soon". I am being patient because this is not my territory. I finally got the reason to invade this territory after my territory becomes stable.

And finally, after waiting for a few hours, we were led to the hall room. Hmm… Right, there are many people here. I look around and found the dessert corner. I found a lot of chocolate-related desserts there. Okay, you guys are forgiven.

I told Luna to enjoy herself. After eating, I went for more desserts with different flavors. There, I found the girl wolfing down the desserts. I am sure I have stars in my eyes. I have finally found my kindred spirit. Someone who has their priority right. Instead of talking nonsense with people attending the social event, she is here wolfing down the desserts. Oh, she stuck something in her throat.

"Are you okay?" I asked while giving her the orange juice I found near me.

"Puhaa! Thank you. Without you, I don't know what will –," while saying that, she stopped midway when she saw my face. Are there some chocolate cookie crumbs left near my mouth?

Then she flinched while grabbing her head. Ah… she must have used Appraisal on me. She must be new to those who have skills to block Appraisal skills. But first thing first.

"Are you alright?" I asked again. It is not every day I can find someone who can become my friend after all. Someone who has the same interest as me.

"Eh? Err… yes. I am okay. I am sorry for worrying you. My name is Yubel Zestina. Daughter of the Duke Abel Zestina. It is a pleasure to meet you and I thank you for your help," she gave me a curt bow. Oho, the daughter of the duke, eh? I am sure now. She is someone who is fit to be my friend. According to some of the light novels and Korean manhwa I've read in my previous life, most of the duke daughters are the villainesses. I am looking at you, Bakarina.

"It is nice to meet you too. My name is Urien Gregorios. I am nothing but a son of a count," I also introduced myself.

I felt she used her Appraisal on me again. Seriously, she would be offending someone if the person she used her skill is not me.

"Sorry to say this to you, young lady. You shouldn't use Appraisal on every person you see," I tried to give her a bit of advice. Her face turns pale. I see, this is the first time she got called out by someone who can notice Appraisal skills, huh? Oops, my Mystic Eyes are opened. Gonna close it back quickly.

"I… I am sorry. I got curious after getting this skill randomly," she replied. I can hear her voice shaking.

"Is that so? Then it was not your fault for not noticing the fact that someone can sense the Appraisal skill. But do be careful. Most of the highly trained knights and the magician can know immediately when someone used Appraisal on them and they will not hesitate to kill you if that happened," I said and I can also see her nodding to my advice.

"That is also why some people use skills to prevent Appraisal skills being used on them. After all, if the opponent knows about your information, you are as good as lost in the match. So, be careful with using that skill," I went back to the chocolate stand after saying that.

"Master, the Marquis is trying to make you sign some documents to get your territory and then kill you," Luna whispered from behind.

"Hmm… is that so? Then, let him try. By the way, how did you know that?"

"I was inside his office, earlier. And I saw the documents, Master," she replied. There isn't anything interesting in my territory and why does he want it?

Then, I saw someone familiar but younger than the one I know. Maybe her sister? I just act like I don't know her nor someone related to her.

Well, after looking around the hall room and greeting back to those who greeted me first, I am now standing at the dessert corner again.

"Master, you shouldn't eat this many desserts," Luna tried to stop me.

"It is fine. I have <Althea>. I won't get diabetes nor hurt my tooth. So, don't –," while I was talking with Luna, a voice cut off what I am saying.

"Hey, you!" A boy is pointing at me. So, I pointed myself to make sure.

"Me?"

"Yes, you! Give me your maid!"

What the hell is this guy saying? Is he trying to rob me while there are many spectators around?

This chapter is somewhat terrible. No, this chapter is terrible. TBH, I don't know what to write in this chapter.

79