Chapter 09 : Just Another Day for the Villainess
2.5k 7 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yubel is not having a good day. She looks at the woman lying in the bed in front of her.

"Are you sure you will be alright, Aunt Sella?"

"I told you not to worry about me aren't I, Yubel? I will be fine in no time," the woman in front of her just smiles at her.

But she knows that her aunt won't survive this. She was distracting with her own survival that she forgot about her aunt's death.

[Name: Sella Zestina]

[Title: The Sunshine of the Zestina family] 

[Skills: Water Magic (Advanced)] 

[Thought about you: Worried what will happen to you after she died]

She takes a look at her aunt's Status. Of course, her aunt would be worried about her instead of worrying about herself.

"I promise you that I will find a way to make you better," she promised. The year she spent with her aunt is one of the most enjoyable moments she could have including her previous life.

After leaving the room, she is now sitting on her bed and hugging her knees. "It is my fault for not remembering that she would get infected by the plague. Wait, I think I've heard about this plague in the game," she immediately stands up.

Then she rushed toward the library to looks up if the main component for the medicine is actually here in the empire. After checking that the things needed in the medicine are actually here in the empire, she then rushed toward her father.

"Father! Can you buy these for me?" She handed him the list.

"Hmm? What are these for?" her father asked her.

"There is something I want to check with these. Please, father?" She uses her ultimate technique, the puppy eyes. It's super effective!

"Very well. Don't try to waste them though. As much as I love you, I will be angry if you waste things," he gave in to his daughter's puppy eyes.

"Thank you, father!" She hugged him and then rushed out of the room.

True to his words, her father bought all the things listed in the paper she gave him. After getting those, she holed up inside her workroom where she tried to make the medicine.

A few days later,

"Where did it go wrong? The main component, Ramia Grass is correct. But the ratios of other components are something that I need to check. Is this the consequence of skipping the alchemy skills in the game?"

At that time, the locked door was smashed open by the blue-haired woman in her thirties who have a Buster Sword in her hand.

"Yubel! It's time for you to come out from your room!"

"MOM!"

Yes, the woman who came into the room, carrying the Buster Sword is the wife of Abel and the mother of Yubel, Irene Zestina.

"Do not 'MOM!' me, young lady. You have been holing up in this room for over a week! Aside from eating and going to the toilet, you have been staying in the room for the whole week! You, now, get out," her mother told, scratch that, ordered her.

"But mom, I am very close to getting there now," she moaned.

"I don't want to hear about that, honey. You are to freshen yourself up. The head of Gregory company is coming here to investigate the sudden spike in demand for Ramia Grass," her mother stares at her and she can do nothing but cower at her mother's stare.

"Can't you just, you know? Just meet with them?"

"No can do, Yubel. You are the one that ordered a large number of grasses. Moreover, both your father and I think that this will be practice for you to handle the meeting by yourself," her mother replied.

So, with the nagging of her mother, she freshens herself and wore the clothes befitting for the meeting with one of the companies that control the market. There were originally three companies that were competing for the markets. But out of nowhere, the new company named Gregory rose up in the ranks and now there are the 4 biggest companies in this empire.

Nobody knows where the head of the company came from nor her backer. And everyone who went to assassinate her got missing after taking the job. Moreover, nobody dared to make fun of her as the knight standing by her side all the time wore armor made out of gold. Nobody is foolish enough to think that with the knight like that by her side, she is no doubt come from an ordinary background.

People especially males who tried to take advantage of her were beaten up by the knight staying at her side. When the victim tried to use force to make her submit, the knight alone annihilated all the knights of that household. The knight even dared to beat up the first price! When the prince tried to make it difficult for the head and the knight, the prime minister stepped in and apologized to the women in the prince's stead. That is also the reason why nobody dares to touch the head of the Gregory company.

She is now sitting in front of the girl who has gray hair and gold eyes. Behind her stand the girl with brown hair wearing golden armor.

"My name is Delphine. Just Delphine. It is a pleasure to meet the treasure of the Zestina household. And the knight behind me is called Marcia," the girl, Delphine introduced herself. And the knight just nodded.

"It is a pleasure to meet you the head of Gregory company and her knight. As you already know, my name is Yubel Zestina," she also introduced herself. "The way she introduced, does she think of herself as Monika?" she thought in her mind.

"So, I was told that you were the one that ordered a large amount of Ramia Grass. If I may ask, why do you need this amount of grasses?" the girl in front of her asked. The sheer pressure the girl radiating is not to be scoff at. But she was used to it in her previous life as a civil servant working in the office.

"She owns one of the biggest companies in the empire. If I were to honest with her, I might be able to get the medicine for the illness of my aunt! With the plague is getting out, I am sure she might have some medicine in her stock," she thought.

"It is to save my aunt," she replied resolutely.

"To save your aunt? What does that mean?" the girl, not older than her by five years stares down at her.

"I am trying to make medicine to save my aunt. But I can't get the ratio right to make the medicine," she replied.

"Is that so? The medicine is for plague, right?"

"That is correct," she grabbed the ham of her dress.

"Well, you see? The plague also broke out at the Gregorios territory," the girl in front of her dropped the bomb.

"What?! The plague also broke out at the Gregorios territory?! How is Urien? You must have some information about him, right?" she immediately stands up and asks the girl. There is no way in hell she would let the main person for her survival die even before the canon starts!

"You don't need to worry about him. I see that you immediately worried about him when I told you that the plague broke out in his territory. Are you perhaps his acquaintance?" Delphine asked her with a small smile on her face. In her eyes, it looks like Delphine was satisfied with something.

"I am his best friend!" she replied. Not now, but she is sure to make herself become his best friend. When the war broke out in the future, she will be sure to stay near him for her survival.

Yubel looks at Delphine because she hasn't heard anything for a while. Just to see the grin across her face.

"I see; you are his best friend. Well, you don't need to worry about him. His territory already made the cure for the plague. I have a sample right here with me. If you promise me that you will always stay by –," just before she has finished hearing what Delphine was saying, she immediately agrees.

"I agree!" She then grabbed the cure and rushed toward her aunt's room.

After she went outside the room, the two people came inside it.

"I am very sorry for her rude behavior, Miss Delphine. She still needs to learn manners." Irene apologized in her daughter's stead.

"It's alright, Lady Zestina. The reason I came is also finished. I bid you farewell," she stands up and turns around to leave.

"Oh! And if lady Yubel wishes to see me, you can just send her to the main branch of the Gregory," Delphine looks back and told the two.

After getting out, Delfina looks at Marcia. "What do you think?" she asked.

"She looks genuinely worried about my lord. I would give her a pass."

"Is that so? Then, one less person to eliminate for us. If she were to get close to my brother with bad intention, I would have to get rid of her," Delfina told Marcia.

"You got the promise you wanted, right?"

"Of course," then she starts chuckling darkly.

Later that night, with our beloved villainess, she was laying down on her bed.

"With Aunt Sella getting well, I can now be at ease. Yosh! Back to thinking about my survival!"

Then she got depressed. "I should have tried to make her a good impression and then become her friend! If the head of one of the largest companies in the empire were to back me up, I would easily overcome my destruction flag!"

She then immediately gets up from her bed. "Sleep is for the weak! I need to plan for my survival."

She walks toward her study table and looks at the book. On the cover of the book, there is a sentence written in Japanese.

"How to survive the Gods."

With this, I believe I was able to introduce more of Yubel's character. Her love for her family, her deep fear for her mother, and her will to survive in this world where her death is set to stone.

And thank you, Yvel Draws for the awesome portrait of our beloved villainess. You can check the portrait here. Please do not reuse the portrait. You can find the illustrator's deviantart profile here.

Spoiler

[collapse]

66