Chapter 35 : The Battle to Protect the Territory (2)
1.8k 9 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The morning when Urien rushed to the edge of the Crystal Dew Forest,

"So, they refused to let us pass their territory, huh?" the blue-haired general inside the tent nod in acknowledgment.

"That is correct, Miss Macha," Luna replied. She was the one who retrieved the replies back from the respective territories after all.

"Luna… have you done 'that'?" Macha asked the maid with an evil smirk which made all the people in the tent aside from Keith flinch.

"Of course, Miss Macha. They get in the way of our revenge after all," Luna replied with her own grin.

Luna takes out the small bag given to her by her Master and plays a little by throwing it up and catching it.

"I've stored all of their weapons and rations in this bag," Luna chuckled evilly.

Flashback starts

"Luna, this is the bag that I got while traveling in a different world. Don't ask how I get it. This bag can store almost everything aside from living things. With this, you can store as many knives as you want and you don't need to pick them up when you ran out of them. But of course, you will need to pick them up after the battle," her master gives her the bag with a smile.

"Thank you, Master. I will treasure it," Luna takes the bag and holds it near her chest.

Flashback end

"How about Bulat, Lubbock, and Sheele?" Macha asked.

"The three of them are already at their positions. They will start their jobs when we start ours," Keith replied Macha.

"Good," Macha then thought for a while. "All of you remembered the strategy, right?" she asked while looking around the people inside the room.

"Yes, Ma'am!" All the people aside from Luna and Keith salute.

"Then move out and round up both the knights and mages. I'll give out the speech like always," Macha told the others and sit down.

"Here you go, Miss Macha," Luna placed the tea in front of Macha.

"Thank you, Luna," she thanked and proceed to place the cup near her mouth.

"Do you think something will happen to the mansion when we are away?" Macha suddenly asked.

Luna and Keith shared a look then shrugged their shoulders. "Well, Lady Cecilia and Yumil are there so, we don't need to worry about anything happening there," Keith replied.

"Is that so? Then I'm relieved."

"It seems they have already gathered all the soldiers in the field. Let's go out," Macha put on her cape and walks out of the tent with the stride.

"Attention, everyone! A message from the General!" Knight captain A from the side shouted.

When everything went silent, Macha walks onto the stage.

"Everyone, I thank you for coming here on such short notice. But… we have works to do. In the morning, all three territories near the Oak territory replied that they refused to let us pass their territories. Well, what can we do? They get in the way of our Lord, Urien Gregorios' glory so, we have no choice. No choice but to crush them under our feet. But alas, the enemies we are going to wage war with are 4 territories. Yes, everyone, we are waging war with 4 territories," Macha spread out her arms and look above to the sun.

"In order to gain back our lord's reputation, we cannot avoid these cruel battles. That is why I want to say once more, I don't know how many of us will return alive or how many of you will lose your friends. But I want to ask all of you this," she looks around at all the people standing in the field.

"Will you pay your life for the glory of our lord Urien Gregorios?" she shouted with passion inside her voice.

"Yes, we will!" not surprising, all of the people shouted in unison.

"Good! Now, I know all of you hate the Oak family for belittling our lord during their son's party. But! Your rage will only direct at them and not anyone else! Their citizens are innocent! We are not allowed to pull them into the battle we are fighting. That is also our lord's wish. Do not involve the innocent into our battles!" she put her hand to the front and clenches it into the fist.

"Now, all of you! This will be my first battle here and this is my order! SURVIVE! Even I sacrifice some of you even after fully knowing that it is the trap, SURVIVE! So that I can use you as a sacrifice again! Be useful to our lord!" she barks out the orders. If Urien was here, he will sure as hell going to have a heart attack because of their loyalties.

"Yes, Ma'am!"

"All right, soldiers," while saying that, a nasty grin formed on Macha's face, "It is time for war!"

The battle starts at 8:30 A.M in the morning. The Gregorios' force divided into three forces and started invading Territory A, B, and C simultaneously. Since they are already near the border, it is not hard to start invading as soon as Macha's speech is finished.

And since all three of the territories have the town where their lord resides near the border, it is not hard to claim it early. Territory A was claimed at 2 P.M. Territory B was claimed at 4 P.M and Territory C was claimed at 7 P.M. They fell easily because they don't have rations and weapons as they suddenly went missing. How come they are able to invade this fast? Well, it is because of the teleportation station across the territories.

And a strange thing happened is that all 3 families that rule over the territories were found dead inside their mansion. Well, for the citizens and normal foot soldiers, it will be strange. The people who listen to Macha's strategy inside the tent will know that it was the work of Bulat, Lubbock, and Sheele. They were tasked to kill all the family members as soon as the invasion started.

After conquering the three territories, the three forces rejoined near the border of the Oak's territory. The citizens didn't cause any commotion because of the way Gregorios' forces invaded. They show immerse military strength that none of the remaining nobles nor the soldiers dared to start the riots. They might be stupid. But not stupid enough to dig their own graves.

Well, of course, they will have immerse military strength. Macha took almost all the troops from the territory out for the patrol. Which, her lord agreed. She will without doubt return after patrolling around their new territories.

That night, inside the tent, Macha and her commanders are having a meeting like always. "Now that we had already conquered the territories standing on our way, it is the time of the Oak family tomorrow. So, we will now –," Macha stopped suddenly what she was saying. "My lord is in danger!" she suddenly shouted.

"What kind of danger?" Luna asked before blinking away from here to hurry to her Master's side.

"An older woman had her eyes on our lord," Macha replied which earned a sweat drop from all the people inside the tent.

For that, Luna relaxed a little. She got used to her Master capturing someone's heart unknowingly. So, she won't be blinking to her Master's side and annoy him.


Urien's POV

I climbed up onto the shore and dressed the clean clothes. After finishing preparing myself, I turn toward the woman who suddenly appeared and interrupted my moon gazing session. Well, at least she turned around when I said so.

"You can turn around now," I told her.

"Okay," she muttered. I won't be able to hear what she said if not for I'm focusing all my senses on her.

"Now, first thing first. Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Aine. A fairy queen who ruled over the water," she calmly replied.

I just raised my eyebrow at the statement. How come a bigshot like her had her eyes on me? Wait… she said something about me having some relations with fairies. Fuck… it was <Althea> isn't it?

"So, does a *pedophile* fairy queen need something from me?" I asked taunting her. Why am I taunting her even knowing she is much more powerful than me? I don't have a fucking idea! That left from my mouth before I could stop it.

"I am not a pedophile!" Aine retorted with a blushing face.

"So? What do you need from me?" I asked again.

"I sensed that you have some relations with fairies. May I know why?" She asked gently.

"I don't have any reasons to do so," I replied. Why don't I give out the answer even when she asked nicely? Well, the thing is fairies in this world cannot cause harm to humans in anyways unless they were attacked first. And if they wanted to do something, they must create a contract for that matter.

"I see. How about a contract?" She asked again with the same gentle smile.

"What will be in it?"

"I will provide your territory with aquatic accessories and foods for five years," she gives out her proposal first.

That… is actually not a bad deal. I just need to show her <Althea> and I will get aquatic-related things for five years. But before that, "That and the information of current stampede. If you agree that, we will have the deal," I take out my hand.

She gently smiles at me and crouches down to my level then shakes my hand. "Now, the contract is formed. I will answer your question first," she stands up again.

"The stampede happening all these years is because of the dragon who is over a thousand years old having a slumbering and guarding something," she gives out the information nicely.

A thousand years old dragon? Is that the father, mother, or ancestor of the dragon that I've killed? If so, I am so fucked.

Alternate Title: The Battle to Invade the Territory

With this chapter, I can now proudly say that this fic now contains 100k words not counting the words from the Author's Notes! I never thought that I will be able to write this much.

Thank you all for your supports!

55