Chapter 26 : A New Start
1.9k 4 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hahh, Hahh,” I took a deep breath. It was that dream again. It is more than 20 years already, why can’t I get over that? I can act without it continuing to interfere with my life but the weight of my sins still weighs me down.

“Himeko,” I muttered. I killed her with my own hands. I sacrificed her for the sake of humanity. A woman who was like a kind older sister to everyone, a captain who treated her subordinate with care, and a big sister whom I fell in love with.

「Then why don’t you destroy the humanity that made you kill her?」 a voice resounded in my mind.

『Just like how I had answered for the past five years, No. I won’t give in to your temptation again, other me.』 I replied.

「Why not? Being a Herrscher is fun and my power is second only to the Final Herrscher, you know?」 The voice kept on tempting me.

『You are weird, you know that? I have heard about “Herrscher consciousness” from Mei and you are nothing like I was told.』 I mentally glared at the other me.

“Is everything alright, Master?” I heard a voice from beside my bed while I was quarreling with the other me, who is tempting me to become a Herrscher.

I turned around to see the maid standing right beside my bed. She has dark blue eyes, silver hair with a long braid on each side of her face with green bows at the ends.

“Nothing, Luna. Just a nightmare and it is nothing to worry about,” I answered.

Luna… if I were to describe her in one word, she is ‘strange’. I can’t shake off the feelings that she is trying to act as she knew me before. But that is not the case. The first time the two of us met was a month ago when me and my housemate were having difficulties with our house chores.

Of course, we immediately hired her because the house would burn down if the two of us kept on doing like we used to do. I am actually surprised that we were able to survive with just fast food and simple cleaning.

Oh, how rude of me. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Urien Gregorios. My actual family name might get me into trouble, so let’s go with my family name from my previous life. Yes, you heard that right, ‘my previous life’. I am what you guys call a reincarnator. I died in my previous life by the hand of something I don’t wanna say. Now, I have been reincarnated and was given a second chance and I was born in the middle ages.

But for some unknown reason, I arrived at this era… or should I say the parallel world. How do I know that I arrived at the parallel world? Well… that is easy. It is because of other me. He notified me about it as soon as I arrived in this world. I guess Mei’s theory about different worlds is true.

I arrived into this world together with my housemate and a bank card filled with money to last for two or so years. But… I bought a house first. It is a simple one storey house with three bedrooms, a kitchen, and two bathrooms. With that, only 3 months' worth of money is left. My housemate said she will pay for Luna’s salary, so it is a plus.

「Oh yea… I forgot to tell you something.」 I heard the other me’s voice while I was taking a shower.

『What is it?』

「Some of your memories are sealed. 」 he replied.

『Of course, I know about that Captain Obvious.』 I sighed.

「No, there are two sealed memories.」 He argued.

『Wait, what? I know some of my memories about the method of my arrival into this world are sealed. What about the other one?』 That is new. I remembered about my life as a member of Fire Moth and all about my childhood. So, whose memories are those?

「That is the thing. I can’t get access to it. This level of sealing technique… is at the same level as our god’s.」 The other me replied with some fear in him. Heh, I guess even he is scared of the Honkai.

『I see. Guess you can’t access those memories, eh? Let’s just leave it like that.』 I did the best thing I could. Leaving it alone.

「I will be taking a rest now. Tempting you in this life is harder than your previous one」the other me said with a tired tone.

『See you later, I guess.』 This is actually new. If someone were to tell me that I will be saying ‘see you later’ to the ‘Herrscher consciousness’ who is tempting me to wipe out humanity, I would call that person an idiot. I guess being together for over five years changed my view of him.

After taking a shower and wearing my new school uniform, I walked toward the dining table to have some breakfast.

“Today's breakfast is pancakes and bacon, Master. And this is the tea I just brewed,” Luna placed the plates in front of me.

Wow, unlike those from the maid cafe I remembered from my previous life, she is the real deal. I must say she is better than those I saw in my childhood. I mean, there are many maids in my home as both my father and mother are of high class.

“Thank you, Luna. Your tea is as good as always,” I smiled and picked up the cup. Her tea, I don’t know why but the way she brews her tea suits my taste.

“Thank you for your praise, Master. And… May I ask you something?” She bowed a little.

“Hmm? Sure,” I nodded.

“I don’t know much about school rules but is it okay for you to go to school with that hairstyle?” she asked.

I look at my ponytail hair and touch it a little. “I already had a deal with the principal, Luna. This hairstyle… is important for me,” I replied to her while smiling.

“I understand. Thank you for answering me, Master,” Luna nodded.

“No problem. And... How is our resident chuunibyou doing?” I asked.

“She… won’t sleep until 4 in the morning, Master,” I just sighed at Luna’s reply. How should I say this? She is actually a good girl. A good girl but I can’t predict what she will do next. Yes, that is coming from an ex-MANTIS soldier.

“That girl… doesn’t she know that we have school today? Was she playing together with her online friend AlloyBron?”

To be honest, I don’t know what to do with her. She is a genius, that’s for sure. But unlike my chuunibyou phase back when I was in my previous life, she is imagining herself as a ‘Savior’. But who am I to judge her?

“From what I heard her talk while she was playing, that is correct, Master,” Luna nodded.

“Just… tell her to skip school for today. If she comes to the school with dark eyes, it will make others misunderstand us,” I told Luna to inform the ‘Savior’ when she woke up.

She had already enrolled in the school last week. It would be suspicious if the two students living together in the same house enrolled at the same time. That’s why I registered this house as a dormitory. But of course, the dormitory is already full at the moment with the two of us and Luna.

“I will be going now, Luna. Oh right, I will be late because the part-time job will start today,” I informed her. Did she just flinch? I wonder why.

“Master… must you really work at a restaurant as a waiter?” she asked.

I wonder why she is annoyed. “I only have a month's worth of money left, Luna. I need to work and that is the only place I could find in the city,” I reply.

“Is that so?” And… she went quite like that.

“Well, I am off!” I yelled from the door.

“Take care!” Luna sent me off.

I walked toward the train station. From there, I took the train to the school I will be attending. It takes about 5 minutes to walk from the station to the school.

After 5 minutes, I arrived in front of the huge school gate. Senba Academy is located within Nagazora city. This will be the new school I will be attending. But… It is not the first time I attend Senba Academy. Before I died, I also attended Senba Academy. It was also a place where I met three of my precious friends.

“Excuse me, I am a new student here but can you tell me the way to the principal’s office?” I asked the man guarding the school gate.

“Er… Hello, I don’t understand—,” the guard tried to talk to me in English but I cut him off. “I can understand Japanese just fine, sir,” I said.

“Oh, thank goodness,” the man sighed in relief. “Urien Gaariigouriiosu, yes? Please come this way. The principal is expecting you,” he led the way. Did he pronounce my family name in Japanglish? Well… I can’t blame them for that.

“Ah, Urien-kun, it is nice to have you here,” said the man sitting at the principal table.

“Thank you for accepting me into this school, Mr. Principal,” I gave him a proper bow.

“I have already told all the teachers about your hair, so don’t worry about it,” he smiles.

“Thank you for your consideration,” I nodded.

I came out of the principal’s office after finishing the transferring procedure. I am now walking toward the teacher’s room.

I knocked at the door and after a while, a man opened it.

“Hi! I am looking for Ichiro-sensei,” I stated.

“Oh, you are looking for Ichiro? Wait a minute. I will call him for you,” the man nodded and went back to call my homeroom teacher.

The man came back with another man wearing a suit after a while. “Urien Gaa—,” the man also tried to butcher my family name, so I quickly said, “Just Urien is fine, sir.”

“Oh, I see, Urien-kun. My name is Ichiro Hise, the homeroom teacher of First Year Class A. I am looking forward to teaching you,” the man said.

“Me too, sir,” I nodded and followed behind him.

“Please wait here for a while,” he told me while walking inside the room.

I don’t know what he said but I can hear the disappointed groans of the boys from here. After a while, he opened the door and told me to come inside and I did as I was told.

“It is nice to meet you, everyone. My name is Urien Gregorios and all of you can just call me Urien. I love cats and I hate doing chores. I can’t wait to pass this year peacefully together with you guys,” I bowed 45 degrees after introducing myself. Only after hearing the clapping sound did I straighten my back.

I look around the class to take in everyone’s images. But my heart stopped after my eyes landed on a certain girl. That girl… she looks like a carbon copy of Mei!

Hey guys! I am back with a new chapter! Don't worry, my fever is gone now. I am very excited to write this arc. I just worried that I might make a mistake in world-building. But that said, let's do this!

And ladies and gentlemen, I present you the illustration of our beloved imouto-chan, Heulwen Gregorios! It is all thanks to Tsubaki for the illustration. Seriously, just look at the detail she made to the sword. Both the sword and Heulwen are breathtaking, right? You can check her Instagram account here.

Spoiler

[collapse]

40