Chapter 28 : I’ll Definitely Save You, No Matter the Cost
1.6k 5 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girl who is sleeping on my bed is called Houraiji Kyuushou. She is the housemate I was talking about. I don't know much about her other than the fact that she came into this world together with me. But I have a hunch that she knew how we got here. When I tried asking her, she always changed the subject.

She has her long purple hair tied on the side with multiple hair accessories. The most notable thing about her hair is a string of long hair in front of her face. I mean, how did she do that hairstyle?

"I came here to wake you up but," she suddenly yawned and stretched her body. "You looked like you were sleeping peacefully and I am not heartless to wake you up. So I get into your bed to sleep," she added.

"You know that I am a boy, right?" I stared at her.

"But that doesn't matter between friends, right?" she replied with a grin.

I resisted my urge to facepalm. She is always like that. She is always smiling, energetic, and strange.

When we met each other in this world, do you know what was the first thing she said? Well, she said, "I will save you no matter what the cost." And honestly? It is creepy. What is she going to save me from? This world doesn't have any Honkai sightings. From car accidents? Yeah, right.

And that is how I know that fact that she definitely knew me even though I don't know anything about her. Hell! She even knows what my fetish is!

"Why are you here this early, Kyuushou? It is only 5 in the morning," I asked after looking at the clock.

"Oh, I want to introduce you to the friend I made! Her name is AlloyBron! Even though she just started playing, she is very skilled at what she does!" Kyuushou excitedly told me.

Hahh… this again. I don't know why she wanted to introduce this AlloyBron to me very much but I don't usually play games.

"Kyuushou, you know I don't like playing games," I replied.

"Please? Even if it is just an hour a day, play with us," she said.

Hah… She will be doing this until I agree with her, isn't she? "Fine, I will play with you, okay?" I finally gave in.

"Great! I will prepare Homu Station 4 in your room! Be sure to come back home before 9, okay?" she gave me a thumbs up.

"You knew that the part-time job you gave me was a maid cafe, didn't you?" I stared at her.

"I don't know what you are talking about," she replied and a grin came up on her face. This little…

"And it is still early in the morning. I am sleeping again," I shooed her out of my room and went back to sleep.

I woke up at 7 in the morning like usual and prepared myself to go to school. And strangely, Kyuushou is also sitting down at the table eating breakfast. She never had breakfast together with me before.

"Good morning, Kyuushou, Luna," I said as I sat down on the chair.

"Morning," Kyuushou nodded.

"Good morning, Master. Today's breakfast is rice, miso soup, grilled fish, tamagoyaki, and natto. Here is a cup of hot green tea," Luna replied while placing the breakfast in front of me.

The two of us eat breakfast in silence while Luna is preparing our lunchbox in the kitchen.

"Kyuushou, I will be going first. Do you have anything you want? I can grab something on my way back from the part-time job," I asked while putting the lunchbox into my bag.

"Hmm… How about some puddings? There aren't any shops on our way to the school," she replied.

"Noted," I nodded.

"I am off!" I informed the two from the door.

"Take care!" The two of them sent me off.


3rd POV

*BAM!*

Immediately after Urien left the house, the smile on Kyuushou's face disappeared.

"Luna... " she muttered.

"Yes?" The maid appeared beside her immediately.

"I am a bad person, aren't I?" Kyuushou smiles sadly.

"..." Luna said nothing.

"I manipulate him so that he can know Bronya sooner. I manipulate things around him so that he won't notice anything related to Honkai," the Savior told the maid.

"I agreed to go with your way because you promised me that Master won't be harmed," the maid's eyes sharpened.

"Don't worry. I won't harm him. This time… I won't let him sacrifice himself for the sake of others," Kyuushou's hand formed into a fist and squeeze tightly.


World X, Year XX, Month XX, Date XX, 8 years old Houraiji Kyuushou

"Liar! Psycho! World destruction? You gotta be kidding me!" A boy mocked Kyuushou.

"Savior? Save yourself first! You are so annoying," the girl from the side mocked her.

"I know you want attention but lying is not good. You can't keep behaving like this," the teacher scolded the poor girl.

"I… no… All I said is true," poor Kyuushou tried to defend herself but…

"Get away from me!" the boy pushed her away.

"Don't come close!" The girls run away when she walks toward them.

"No… Please. I just want everyone to be happy together. I don't want anyone to die," the poor girl tried her best to talk to them but it was useless.

Finally, she couldn't take it anymore. It was hard for an 8 years old when everyone started avoiding her.

"Sorry. I am sorry. I will never lie again! I am not a savior! I am not Houraiji Kyuushou! I am just… Just…" Right when she was about to deny her very being, a boy appeared.

"I believe you," the boy said.

That was the first time anyone said that they believed her aside from her parents.

"Really?" The girl couldn't help but keep her hopes up.

"Of course! My name is Urien! I just moved here from Europe with my parents!" the boy greeted himself with a toothy grin.

"My name is Houraiji Kyuushou! I am a SAVIOR!" she happily exclaimed.

On that day, the girl got herself a friend whom she could rely on. For the girl, she finally found a person who will listen to her predictions. But that happiness did not last long.

On their 13 years of age, the boy got into an accident. Both of them were walking back home from school. And suddenly, a car rushed toward them. They were too frightened to move but the boy pushed the girl out of the way, sacrificing himself for her.

"Urien!" the girl rushed toward her friend.

"Why… why?!" she started screaming.

She had seen the sight of the two girls fighting on the roof. She had seen the sight of a white-haired girl with a sniper in her hand. She had seen the sight of the ruined earth. But why?! Why didn't her power predict the death of her only friend?! How can she become a savior when she cannot even save her friend?!

"Kyuushou," she heard a small voice coming from her friend's mouth.

"Urien?! You are alive?! Wait… the ambulance will arrive in a few minutes," she quickly said to her friend.

"Kyuu… shou. Don't… doubt yourself," she heard her friend saying that.

"Alright, alright. I won't doubt myself anymore. Just… just don't die," she hastily replied.

"And… make many… friends… in my stead," she saw her friend smile but when she was about to reply, his eyes dimmed. Her best friend, her only friend, one of the reasons why she could move forward died that day in her arms.

"Don't worry," the girl tried to smile despite tears falling down from her eyes. "I will make tons of friends in your stead," she added.

Just like what she promised her dearest friend, she had found many friends in the form of Kiana, Mei, Bronya, Seele, and many more.


World X-X, Year 2019, Month XX, Date XX, 5 years after the third calamity

The world was destroyed by the Herrschers. They initiated a global disaster to obliterate human civilization. At the same time, the explosion of Honkai Energy led to the mass extinction of many species in the world.

Following the global climate abnormality and the influence under the post-explosion of Honkai energy, the Earth was not a place for any organisms to live. After the 3- year post-apocalypse, the overall population on earth reduced to 0.00006%.

Fire Moth organization, an organization made up of the survivors resisting the Honkai. Today, they are gathering supplies in Nagazora City.

*BOOM!*

The sky suddenly darkens and thunders are ranging in the sky.

"Strong Honkai Energy detected above the camp! We're being locked on by the Herrscher!" One of the Fire Moth members, Seele shouted.

"Is everyone on the ship now?" Bronya asked.

"We can't wait any longer! Hyperion must take off now! Or it'll be turned into ashes with the camp!" Himeko shouted and started giving orders to start up the engine.

"Hyperion! Main cannon ready to shoot! Eliminate all those Honkai beasts in the way!" the redhead ordered.

"Himeko! There are still combatants up there!" one of the two males in the group, Urien argued.

"Shoot!" Himeko ordered as if she didn't hear him.

"Himeko!" Kyuushou shouted.

"No!" came from Urien.

"Oh… no… Why?! Why would you do that, Himeko?!" Urien shouted, stride toward the woman with rage.

"Urien, don't let it get to you. Go aboard with everyone else right now!" Himeko yelled.

"No! We shouldn't leave anyone behind!" Urien shouted back.

Kyuushou didn't know what to do. She was new here. She lost her memories and was saved by Seele from the hoard of zombies. But she knew this was not her world.

"Bronya! What are you doing?!" Himeko shouted. When Kyuushou looked at the scene, she saw Bronya was trying to get out of Hyperion to help the people from the outside. But Seele was holding her not to do anything rash.

Himeko ordered the door closed. Only after the door was closed, they noticed that one of the high-ups was missing.

But before they could do anything, a person flew down from the sky. That person has raven dark hair, and a pair of wings made up of thunder behind her back.

"It is the Herrscher! Hyperion, prepare the cannon!" Himeko barked out the order. But before she could do that, she saw someone standing in front of the Herrscher.

"Urien!" all four of them shouted.

The young man gave them a sad smile and told them to go ahead with his hand.

"Tsk! Hyperion! Prepare to launch!" Himeko ordered.

"What? NO! Himeko! You can't do this!" It was Bronya who reacted strongly.

"Do you want his sacrifice to be in vain?! Get yourself together, Bronya!" Himeko shouted back.

Kyuushou, seeing the fact that the man sacrificed himself for them, felt something strange within her heart.

Just like that, one of the best members of Fire Moth, Urien Gregorios died by the hand of Herrscher of Thunder, Raiden Mei on that day.

After getting her memories back, Kyuushou blamed herself after thinking back to that day. The day when she could only watch her best friend, no, another version of her best friend sacrificed for their sake, for her sake.


Present day,

"It was a miracle that I could meet another version of you, Urien. And I promise. I will never let you sacrifice yourself ever again," she made a resolution.

"I will save you this time. I will protect you even if I need to sacrifice the people around you. This time, I will become your savior. If I were to fail to save you, I will call upon the Herrscher of the End to end this world together with me. This is the oath I make," Kyuushou made a vow. This is the vow of a girl who has the Stigma of the Herrscher of the End and the Herrscher core of the Herrscher of Thunder.

"I will definitely save you, no matter what the cost is."

And here is some of the background of Kyuushou. Well, I added our beloved Urien in her background so, she might change a little from the canon.

Here is the picture of Houraiji Kyuushou I got from the wiki.

Spoiler

[collapse]

37