Chapter 30 : Maids Are Invincible
1.4k 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What did she say? Overseer Otto? How did she know my father's name? Overseer? Overseer of what?

I am sure my father won't be alive at this point. I mean, it is already over 500 years since our family lived after all. Wait… since other me said this is the parallel world, is it another version of my father?

"What?" I gawked at them.

"I am very sorry. I mistook you for someone I know," she apologized.

"Oh, it's okay. It is not every day you see a man with hair this long," I touch my ponytail. I mean, that is the only reason I can think of why she mistook me for my father.

"Ri-right," the girl sweatdropped and nodded.

"Enough about me, let's look at the kitties," I turned my head back to my main attraction, the kitties. The girls are cute but not as cute as kitties.

"Kyaa… these kitties are cute!" the long-haired girl immediately forgot about me and poured all of her attention to the kitties… or so I thought. I have an inkling that she is still observing me.

As for the short-haired girl, she is standing behind the long-haired girl without taking her eyes off me.

That girl is a monster. No, both of them are monsters. I don't know why but I had a sudden urge to pull out both Abyss Flower and Judah as soon as I noticed them. Well… only if I still have those, of course. For those who don't know, Abyss Flower was a lance that I wielded after I had successfully become a MANTIS and I only used Judah for a while before I lost my right to use it prior to my death. You can say I had lost my sense of justice before I died. I don't know where Abyss Flower went but the last time I saw Judah was with my mother. So, I can at least say that it is in the right hand.

Are they some kind of mercenaries? Only those kinds of people can let out such aura after all. Oh, that must be where the word "overseer" came from. That Otto person must be an overseer of a said mercenary group. Wow, I am such a genius.

The two of us watched the kitten drinking milk while the short-haired girl was staring at me like a hawk.

"Wait… you can feed the kittens store-bought milk?" the long-haired girl sitting beside me asked.

"Well… No, you can't feed them every milk you see. They have sensitive stomachs, so it can cause them diarrhea. The milk I am feeding now is almond milk," I reply.

"I see," she replied and started taking notes. Wait… where did she get that note?

"Well, I guess I will be leaving now," I said as I noticed that the kittens had finished drinking the milk.

The long-haired girl nodded and as for the short-haired one, she just stood there and looked at me with a leer. But just as I was about to go back home, the short-haired girl called out to me.

"Please wait for a mo—," she said with little to no expression in her voice.

"Excuse me, Master. Miss Kyuushou is waiting for you at home," the voice I know very well cut off whatever the short-haired girl was about to say.

It was Luna and I don't have a single idea how she managed to get here without me noticing. Well, I am standing at the street corner, so I might not see her when she comes.

"Did Kyuushou start her rampage?" I asked even after fully knowing what would happen if our resident chuunibyou started rampaging.

"Yes, she did, Master," Luna replied with a sigh.

"I see," I nodded and turned my head toward the two girls I just met. "I don't know what you were trying to say but apologies, I need to go back home quickly before it burns down," I quickly apologized to them and rushed back home.


3rd POV

The two girls looked at the back of the boy running away from them and a slight bow from the maid before she disappeared.

"Rita…" the long-haired girl, Bianka Ataegina, or Durandal as many called her, shared a look with her friend slash maid Rita.

"I… didn't notice how the maid arrived here," she replied to her master.

"Looks like you got yourself a rival, Rita," Durandal teased her friend to ease the mood and she is already failing it. Both of them knew that the maid just now was on a different level.

"There wasn't any Honkai Energy left behind. So, she is not a Valkyrie," Rita stated.

"But more importantly, the boy that looks like Overseer Otto. Is he one of Overseer Otto's experiments?" Durandal took a glance at her friend.

"I haven't heard about any new projects. And he was trying to do something as soon as he noticed us. But stopped as soon as he realized that we were not a threat," Rita sighed. If her analysis is true, although he is not as strong as them, his strength should be stronger than normal humans.

"Is that the only reason why you were staring at him without even hiding your stare, Rita?"

"We should report to Lord Otto," Rita immediately gave out her idea.

"I say we should investigate this ourselves before telling Overseer Otto," Durandal's old habit started rearing its head.

"If you wish so," Rita nodded. She would need to think back on her plans if there was a maid of such caliber by his side. She thought back to what Miss Ragna once said, "Maids are invincible."


The camera changed to Urien and co.

"We are back!" Urien shouted as soon as he walked through the door.

"Urien! Where is the pudding?!" He heard a loud noise from the kitchen.

"Here it is!" He immediately rushed toward the kitchen and gave the pudding to the hungry chuunibyou who was trying to make her own pudding in the kitchen.

"Now that I think about it, don't you know how to make pudding, Luna?" he asked the maid coming right behind him.

"I do, Master," she nodded.

"Then why didn't you make her one?" he asked again.

"Because she said she wanted to eat the one bought by you," Luna tilts her head.

"Hah… Kyuushou, next time, please tell Luna if you want to eat pudding," Urien sighed and scolded the Savior.

"Aye, aye!" And the resident Savior salutes him in return.

"I… will go back into my room to change," Urien shook his head and walked to his room.

As soon as Urien left her side, the playful aura around Kyuushou disappeared immediately.

"Did he meet those two?" she asked the maid standing near her.

"Yes, he did," the maid nodded.

"What the hell?! Where did you buy the money to buy Homu Station 4?!" Both of them heard the shout coming from Urien's room.

"I am a Savior! There is no need for such a rotten thing as money!" She shouted back. She is a Herrscher of freaking Reason. She can reconstruct robots and battleships as long as she understands those thoroughly. So, making a gaming console is a piece of cake for her.

"What were you trying to do?" Kyuushou muttered while touching the hand that was bandaged. Under that bandage is the Stigma of the Herrscher of the End.

She was sure that she had given all the things back to their respective owners. Herrscher of the End Stigma back to Kiana, Herrscher of Void core was taken care of by Kiana, and the core of Herrscher of Thunder back to Mei. And Welt Yang from her world gave her his Herrscher core to save her life. She gave back all the cores and the Stigma aside from the core of the Herrscher of Reason.

But she didn't know the reason why all of those returned back to her. And she knew that the Stigma she got this time was not Kiana's Stigma. After all, the memories she was experiencing were not Kiana's memories. It was something new. This memory has most of the details about this world.

That is also the reason why she knew that the Leader of Immortal Blades and her maid will be in the city tonight. That's why she told Urien to buy a pudding for her and sent Luna to protect him from the shadow. She knew he won't be able to resist the cuteness of the kitties and will try to feed them. That way, he will be able to meet those two sooner.

More importantly, the Herrscher cores inside her are not clashing against each other this time. In her world, you don't need both Stigma and core to become a Herrscher. You can become one as long as you have a core. So basically, she is now a hybrid of Herrscher of Reason, Void, and Thunder with a little sprinkle of the ability to be able to summon the Herrscher of the End to end this world.

"What were you thinking?" she said to nobody. After all, the person who could grant all of these to her must be Herrscher of the End or maybe the Honkai itself.

"I don't know what you want me to do but I am sure as hell going to abuse these powers to save my best friend from his suicidal attempts. This time, I will become his Savior," Kyuushou glared intently at the glowing Stigma on her hand.

The chapter got longer than I had expected because of the infodumps. Well, Doo Doo, with her old habit of hot-headedness tried to solve this on her own. And whew! Kyuushou sure is OP, isn't she?

But most importantly, maids are invincible.

34