Chapter 33 : Being a Butler for a Day
1.2k 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ok… A male of Android race with bunny ears on his head. I guess that is the reason why they hit off so well.

"Yoo-hoo! Sorry for making you wait, Alloy_Bron," Kyuushou said after arriving in front of the robot a head taller than me. Hmm? A party invites from Savior? I pressed 'Yes'.

"No problem. Bronya also just arrived," I heard an emotionless voice of a girl coming from the robot.

"Wait… you are a girl?" I asked with a bewildered expression on my face.

"Da. The Bronya is a girl," the robot answered.

"I see… I am very sorry about that. My name is Urien as shown in my name tag. It is nice to meet you Alloy_Bron," I apologized and introduced myself.

"Alloy_Bron, nice to meet you," she replied.

"Savior! At your service," Kyuushou chimed into our conversion.

"We already know, Savior," I sighed. Now, I need to address her as a savior whenever we are playing the game.

"I am still new at this game so, I am very sorry if I can't keep up with you two," I said in advance.

"Bronya doesn't see any problem in it. Subject Urien can follow Bronya and Subject Savior," the robo girl replied. Well, that's good for me.

After this, the three of us went to the area where the other two are going to help me level up. They will be helping me to reach level 20, until I can have a subclass.

After arriving at the hunting area, the two of them start massacring all those poor monsters. It only took 30 minutes for them to make me reach level 20. How high is the level of the monsters here? Is it really okay for low-level players to venture into these parts?

According to the two, Alloy_Bron's level is 82 while Kyuushou's level is 73. "Wait… you got to level 73 just in a month?" I asked our resident savior. According to my research, leveling up after level 50 is hard as hell in this game.

"Yup!" she replied with a popping p sound.

After that, the three of us accepted some quests as I am now able to accept one after reaching level 20. And guess what? There is no level limit for the quests if there is a single person with a level higher than the required level in the party. I guess it also applied to the level restricted areas. And one of the quests we took has a level 70 requirement. It is a monster-slaying quest. Will I be alright?

It doesn't take too long for us to reach the area where the monster we are slaying is staying. I am to stay at the back while Alloy_Bron is giving support from behind and Kyuushou is attacking the monster in close combat.

I look at the way the two of them are fighting the giant griffon-like monster. The two of them are pretty good with their teamwork. But… not enough! My experience as a team leader from my previous life is screaming at me to help them coordinate with each other. Yes, I took command over my own group in my back then.

"Alloy_Bron! Shoot the tendrils at 5 o'clock! Savior! Keep hitting that guy with your daggers. Don't forget to slash those creepy eyes whenever you get a chance!" I gave out the orders. This is the first time I meet Alloy_Bron so I don't know how she will act about this.

Surprisingly, it was Kyuushou who first responded and followed by Allon_Bron. "Roger!"

I kept on looking at the scene in front of me. Now, this is what I call good teamwork. After fighting for another 4 minutes, the monster finally fell.

"Good job, you two!" I said while approaching them.

"You were a real slave driver, you know that, Urien? Giving out orders one after another from the back," Kyuushou blamed me.

"Da. Subject Urien giving out orders looks like a veteran commander on the battlefield," Alloy_Bron stated.

I can't do anything but say "Ehe," at their comment. I look at the clock hanging on the wall. Wait… it is already 2 A.M.

"Sorry, I am logging out now. I have school tomorrow. And Savior, please don't stay up late," I said goodbye after that and went to bed. Gosh, I shouldn't have eaten pizza late at night.


3rd POV

While our MC went to sleep, Fu Hua couldn't sleep again after that dream. She had stopped dreaming about her ex-comrade after the previous era got destroyed.

Since she couldn't sleep anymore, she had decided to pull out a box under her bed. The box is made out of teak and has a eustoma inscribed on it. She specially ordered it for the object inside the box.

She relaxed herself. About 500 years have passed since she last opened this box. She needed to see the object inside it after experiencing the dream. Fu Hua slowly opened the box and what greeted her was the sight of a pair of white beautiful gauntlets with purple lines on them. There are also small orange eustoma patterns on it.

"It is nice to see you again after all these years, Urien," she touches the gauntlets gently. The name of the gauntlets is Sacrificed Eustoma. Made from the core of the 13th of the 15 Herrschers of the Previous Era.

Yes, it was made with the core of 13th Herrscher, Herrscher of [redirected]. The 13th Herrscher appeared a week after the defeat of the 12th Herrscher, Herrscher of Corruption. But surprisingly, not many know about this Herrscher as there were no casualties when he appeared.

It was the fourteenth Flame Chaser Urien Gregorios, codenamed 「Altruism」  who became a Herrscher. Only the remaining Flame Chasers and Dr. MEI knew of the 13th Herrscher.

"I dreamt about you today, Urien," she said to nobody while gently caressing the gauntlets.

"It was the first dream after thousands of years. It was hard for me, you know? I even tried to delete our memories with Fenghuang Down. But I couldn't do it. Who will remember you if I did that?" She picks up the gauntlets. "Of course, there are still others but I haven't seen them for a long time," she continued.

"I miss you Urien. I really do. Sometimes, I have an urge to end myself and come to where you and Captain HIMEKO are but I can't. I still have missions to do. So, please wait for me. You, Captain HIMEKO, and me, the three of us will finally be together after that. So, please wait for me, my dear friend. I will apologize to you as much as you like when that time comes," she gently put back the gauntlets inside the box. She wiped the tears at the corner of her eyes and placed the box back where it belonged.


Urien POV

School is boring. I shouldn't have thought it was a great idea to attend school like the kids around my age. Now, I have to deal with boredom while avoiding the girl who tried to make me talk to her. Today is my third day at school yet almost everyone in my class knows that I don't like to talk with the heiress of M.E Corp.

I can't understand this girl. She is meek and gentle, good at socialization, and popular among the students. But why is she trying to get close to a guy like me who is clearly uninterested in talking with her? Well, today is just the third day. She will give up when she gets tired.

*Ring* *Ring*

The bell rang indicating that the school ended for today. As usual, I rushed toward my part-time work. Today, the manager told me to fill in as a waiter as the waitress had an urgent thing to do. She said she will pay for it, so I shouldn't say no to that.

I heard the doorbell chimed and from the look of the shadows, there were two ladies.

"Welcome home, mistresses. A table for two?" I asked with a curt bow.

"Oh, you are…" I heard a familiar voice.

Although I want to reply to them, I am currently at work so, "Table for two, correct? This way please," I led the two ladies to their destination. Those two were the girls I saw last night. Why are they here at the maid cafe? Wait… are they perhaps interested in that? Well… who am I to judge their preference?

"Please ring this bell if the orders are ready. Now, please excuse me," I gave them a bow and retraced my steps back to the kitchen.

After a while, the bell rang and I walked back to the two ladies to take the orders. "Did you call me, mistress?" I asked. No matter what kind of bigshot I was, I am currently nothing but a simple butler. Truly… money makes the world go round.

"We will have this one called omurice and a pot of tea brewed by this gentleman please," the short-haired one ordered. They want me to brew tea for them? Well, why not? I taught myself how to make my Father's favorite tea. I can just do that.

Good thing Father doesn't like to use an expensive brand so, I can find the usual type of tea leaves in this cafe. I can brew it to the finest quality as long as the tea leaves are the same as the one Father drinks.

"Thank you, mistress. I will be back with your orders in a while," I returned back to the kitchen to place the orders. I then grabbed a teapot and tea leaves to brew the tea for them.

I pushed a trolley to their place. They requested it, so I should be brewing in front of them, right?

I place the teacups in front of them after brewing the tea. From the expression on their face, they thought I wouldn't be able to brew tea. Hah! Joke on you! I trained it so that I can brew tea for my family.

The two girls placed their cups near their lips and tasted a little. From the look on their face, I can expect they like it. "The same," I heard the long-haired one muttered. I guess she had tasted high-quality tea. Of course, it will be the same. Don't underestimate me.

They left after eating the omurice silently. But they did finish a whole pot of tea. They must have really liked it, huh? And I got their business card. Both have nothing except their name and phone number on it. But the cards look expensive. They must come from a rich family.

"Bianka Ataegina and Rita Rossweisse," I muttered while looking at the cards.

"Another one?" I heard the voice of the manager from behind.

"It's two this time," I smile slightly and show her two cards.

"Since you arrived, the number of female customers skyrocketed," she teased. I can't do anything but rub my head.

"Here is your pay for today," she handed me an envelope.

"Oh, thank you. But my shift is not over yet," I take the envelope.

"You must be tired because of the extra work. Go and take a rest early," she said.

"Seriously? Thanks a lot!" I can get home quickly and play some VN(s).

And just like that, days passed. School is like usual, listening to the teachers and avoiding Raiden Mei. The two girls, Bianka Ataegina and Rita Rossweisse come once a week to try my tea at the cafe.

Year 2013, Month July, Date 5, Current Era

Today is Sunday and I just saw something I didn't expect on TV.

"M.E Corp CEO Raiden Ryoma was charged with embezzlement of funds."

I rushed a little in this chapter. Yes, it is boring.

This tackles the trope of "a beautiful girl invites MC to play a game together with her and surprisingly, MC is absolutely good at it".

And writing the way Bronya talk is hard.

29