Chapter 43 : The Prologue of the Fated Battle
1k 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

January 23rd, 2014

A white-haired girl is running through the school hallway. If it were a normal day, she would be reprimanded by the teachers. But today is not normal. Everything went downhill after the first period. Everyone in this school aside from her turned into zombies.

It was supposed to be a normal day. She will look outside when the teacher is teaching. She will eat store-bought lunch alone. She will go home and sleep. She will repeat this until she gets another news about her father and she will leave this city after that. But it all changed today.

*Roar!*

The girl saw multiple zombies rushing toward her. "Great, Honkai zombies…," she muttered. "Good thing I have this bat with me," she continued while twirling the bat in her hand.

She rushed toward them and swung the bat toward the head of the first zombie she saw. After that, she kicked the next zombie and while using the momentum, she backed off a little and smashed another head. The girl then rushed toward the zombie she had kicked and smashed its head too.

"There are many zombies," she muttered as looking to the courtyard. "Humans affected by Honkai Energy will lose their emotions and feelings," she looked at the zombies she had killed. Those were her classmates. The girls who tried their best to welcome an odd transfer student like her. They were good people. She was sure they would become her friends. But not anymore. Not after they turned into Honkai zombies.

Looking left and right, the girl noticed the library. She didn't hear any sound coming from there, So she walked softly toward there. The whitehead slowly opened the door and walked inside cautiously.

With a bat in her hand, she walked around the room after locking it from the inside. She will be taking some rest in the room as she has been fighting nonstop for over two hours already.

She took out her phone and looked at the alarm she got while fighting the zombies. "The Honkai source is 200 meters from here," she looks at the alarm. After looking intensely at the phone her father left for her, "That must be where the perpetrator is," she muttered.

She rested for a while to fill up her stamina. Good thing she found a bottle of water in the library. Seems like someone forgot to drink it after buying it as the bottle is still brand new. But too bad for her, she can't find any food to fill up her stomach.

After resting for 30 minutes, she stood up and opened the door slowly. The zombies are attracted to the noises, so she threw the bottle she drank to the right to attract them.

The bottle flew in the air and hit the trash can, making a noise to attract the zombies. The zombies walked past the library and rushed toward the trash can. With the coast clear, the girl quickly left before the zombies returned back to her direction.

*Rumble!* *Rumble!*

The girl looked outside. Thunders are ranging in the sky as if the storm is approaching. "Is that thunder?" The girl gawked. "It was sunny just 5 minutes ago!" she continued. But because of the sound of thunder and her shout, the zombies noticed her and rushed toward her place.

"Oh no!" she exclaimed, running away from the hoard of zombies. She is not a coward but the number of zombies is too much.

She reached out for a pair of pistols in the holsters at the back. It was a good thing that she always put her weapons in the school bag. But the ammo is not unlimited, so she cannot use them on the zombies if she can just fight them with a bat. After all, this is not a game where she can find the ammo in the trash cans.

The girl ran upstairs while trying to escape from the zombies. Strangely, the zombies from downstairs didn't come up to where she escaped. It was then she realized something was wrong. She couldn't see a single zombie on this floor.

A classroom door slid open and a girl with long dark purple hair walked out of the room without any light in her eyes. The classroom is at the end of the corridor, so it is a little far from where the whitehead girl is located.

"Is that… Raiden Mei from class A?" she muttered. Of course, she knew that girl. Raiden Mei's beauty had captured her after all. It was a week after she transferred to this school when she met Raiden Mei for the first time.

"But… Why is she here?" Kiana mumbled while looking at the beautiful girl.

Actually, she was supposed to be in 3rd year of middle school. But in order to get into this school where an anonymous letter told her to come, she had to fake her age and education level. That is also why she was having trouble with lessons. So, it is not wrong to say the girl in front of her is Kiana Kaslana's senpai. All the students in this school are her senpai(s).

As if she was not there, Raiden Mei ignored her and walked upstairs.

"Hey!" Kiana suddenly shouted. "Don't go upstairs! There are many zombies there!" she added.

The girl ignored her and kept going up. The roars of zombies are also getting closer and closer. Her first thought was to ignore the long-haired girl, keep going and find the clue about the Honkai source.

"Tch! I can't do this," she quickly followed behind the long-haired beauty. "Where are you going?" Kiana tried to start a conversation but she was ignored again.

*Roar!*

The sounds of zombies' roars are getting closer and closer. Kiana grabbed her bat tightly and another hand on the pistol. She doesn't want to walk there but she doesn't want to leave the girl alone too. She also doesn't want to drag the girl around as she doesn't know what she is going through in her mind.

While she was lost in thought, the girl arrived near the zombies. "She got too close!" Kiana exclaimed and rushed toward the girl.

*Bang!* *Bang!*

Not minding her shortage of bullets, she shoots the zombies with her pistols to save the girl. "What are you doing! Quickly stay away from them!" she shouted at Raiden Mei.

*Rumble!* *Rumble!*

Kiana heard the sound of thunder rumbling. "What's wrong with this weather?!" she exclaimed. "Was it affected by Honkai Energy?" she added.

*Ring!* *Ring!*

The girl took out her phone and looked at the alarm. "What the… the source of Honkai Energy is at 0 meters?!" she exclaimed, not minding the zombies hearing it. "Wait… what does that mean? I only see a girl here!" She said while looking around the hallway.

Kiana reaches near Raiden Mei but the girl is already in front of the zombies. But to her surprise, the zombies did nothing to the girl and made way for her to go ahead.

"What is happening?! It can't be… She is the source?!" Kiana exclaimed at the scene. Not minding Kiana, Raiden Mei proceeds to walk up to the roof.

Kiana doesn't want to leave her like that. So, she followed behind the girl while bashing some heads and shooting the zombies. It took her some time but she finally arrived where Raiden Mei is.

The long hair girl is looking over the city while the thunder is rumbling in the sky. She then slowly turns around and stares at Kiana. The first thing she said to Kiana was, "What are you doing here?"

Looking at the girl in front of her, Kiana was lost for words. Raiden Mei looks very different from what she knows about her. The face she makes when she is near the boy she hangs out with is very different from the girl in front of her.

If Raiden Mei from the past smiles brightly, current Raiden Mei looks very cold. Her eyes are cold and her face is devoid of expression. Raiden Mei whom she stares at from far away is not this person. She refuses to believe it.

"Who are you? You are not Raiden Mei," Kaina asked, taking out both of her pistols.

"It doesn't matter," Mei muttered. "Raiden Mei is no longer here," she added.

*Bang!* *Bang!*

Thunders from the sky strike the place where Kiana is standing.

"What the…?" She quickly dodged the thunderbolts with a series of somersaults and was pushed toward the metal fence. "Thunders are trying to attack me?!" she exclaimed.

"Don't worry, you will also join her," the NOT Raiden Mei chuckled. "After that, I will change the world for her," she added. Hearing what the girl said, Kiana prepared herself for the worse.

With this, the fated battle between a girl who can control the thunder at her will and a girl who is holding a bat and pistol in her hand begins.


Not far away from them, two figures are standing on top of the nearby building. One is wearing the same school uniform as them, and the other is wearing a maid costume. Of course, they are Houraiji Kyuushou and Luna.

"Wheels are starting to turn now," Kyuushou grins and puts a pocket watch back in her pocket. From the looks of it, she seems to treasure the pocket watch a lot.

"Are you sure this is wise, Miss Houraiji?" the maid asked the girl who was watching the fight with interest.

"Of course," Kyuushou replied.

"Even with the cost of the people from the whole city?" Luna raised her eyebrow. She was there when Kyuushou put the Gem of Conquest on the table of Raiden Mei. After all, she was the one who stole that gem from another group.

"No amount of lives can be compared with Urien's," Kyuushou replied with a crazy look. For her, Urien's life is her top priority. She is willing to save him even if she needs to sacrifice the whole world.

Luna was silent. The two of them had known for nearly a year. And… she knew how much Kyuushou cares for Urien and how far she is willing to go for him.

"After all, who will save him if not for a Savior herself? Don't worry, Urien. Your savior is here," Kyuushou spread her arms and declared. "Even if I need to sacrifice the whole world, even if I need to make you hate me, I will be there for you!"

Luna looks at her weirdly. No matter what, she can't get used to Kyuushou's ways of acting.

Kyuushou calmed herself and grinned savagely, "Don't worry, Urien. For I am here."


At that time, our MC was still sleeping soundly even when all hell broke loose because of his friends.

*Zimrence looking at the date he last updated this fic*

Okay, okay, put down your pitchforks. I was wrong. I wasn't able to write because I was studying one subject per night. Pretty cool, right? After that, assignments are being a b*tch.

And I was supposed to update this chapter yesterday, but I got a blue screen of death. Don't worry, I will try to update my other fics too.

Yes, I skipped the whole month because all you guys will see are Kyuushou's birthday, Kiana's transference into the school, and more fluff moments of Urien and Mei. (And some aftermath of the death of Asakura)

Have you guys read my new Honkai fanfic? You can go and give it a try! It will be pure Honkai fanfic with no bullshit powers from the other series. The first chapter is already out, and it contains 5.5k words. So, go and check out my new story called "Blazing Epic of a Certain Slothful Captain".

That will be all. Thank you for waiting patiently for my update. From now on, I will try my best to update this story daily.

23