Chu Yuechan
291 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Wasteland of Death is a land that was left to grow wild. From afar, the entire wasteland was overrun with dry withered grass; rocks lined the rugged terrain; Spanning nine hundred and fifty kilometers long and eight hundred kilometers wide, countless profound beasts roam the wasteland, and these profound beasts were mostly wild and ferocious.

It is one of the three most dangerous areas within the Blue Wind Empire. The number of profound beasts that reside within it is at least a hundred times more than the Ten Thousand Beast Mountain Range. It can be called heaven for profound beasts and the living hell for practitioners.

Along with its reputation, its dense population of profound beasts attracts large numbers of practitioners who seek to try their luck to get their hands on some treasures. However, every year, deaths of practitioners within the area number more than a hundred thousand. Hence, from this, the place was named "Wasteland of Death".

And for a large number of Profound beasts, it could be partly from the faint aura of the Primordial Azure Dragon which attracts all sorts of beasts to the wasteland.

Out of all the Primordial Divine Beasts, the Dragon God is at the top of the list; its level, far surpasses that of the Phoenix, which is why the Wasteland of Death has a much higher concentration of more dangerous beasts than the Ten Thousand Beast Mountain Range.

In this vast area, where a practitioner needs to rethink whether to enter this land or not as their lives were dependent on it, a lady was seen battling with an Ice Sky Profound Beast not far away from the center.

The lady was at half-step Emperor Profound Realm and had to put her guard up as to not alert any profound beasts of Emperor Profound Realm near her. If at all, she caught their attention, there would no tomorrow.

The Ice Beast ahead of her even though was at the peak of Sky Profound Realm, wasn't a naive one to surrender so quickly without putting up a fight.

The lady wanted to put an end to it quickly so she used the Frozen Heaven Coffin, which is the strongest sealing skill of Frozen Cloud Immortal Palace.


"<Frozen Heaven Coffin>"

An ice-cold voice of the lady sounded along with the pieces of ice which shot out making the Beast's body completely coated in ice resembling a piece of a sculptor.

The lady is none other than Chu Yuechan, the First Fairy of Frozen Cloud Asgard's Frozen Cloud Seven Fairies. She wore the snowy attire of the Frozen Cloud Asgard along with an ice silk veil that masked her appearance, only revealing a pair of ice-cold beautiful eyes.

Even though her appearance was hidden, just her temperament and figure alone was extremely beautiful, capable of making one's mind waver uncontrollably.

Her features were all absolutely exquisite. Her eyebrows were clear and slender, her skin was pearly, and although her lips and face were as white as paper, this was unable to cover up the cold, arrogant nobility which was bone-deep.

Chu Yuechan didn't lower her guard awaited for any obvious movements from the Beast. She was accustomed to dealing with these.

She had to come over here to collect the Profound Beast Core of this Ice Beast which can help her sister's disciple to breakthrough and cultivate faster.

As the upcoming Blue Wind Tournament is coming closer, this is the only way available for Gong Yuxian to fulfill her dream. So, she personally sent her disciple Chu Yuechan on this mission.

*Crack* *Crack**

Soon, cracks started settling on the block of ice and a giant Ice Beast emerged out. As it was a Beast of Ice attribute, it can ward off the effects of ice-attacks to some extent. It started retreating from Chu Yuechan as it sensed the danger and realized that its chances of winning are zero if it went head-on.

Chu Yuechan started chasing after it. It took her a long time to find an Ice Profound Beast and she isn't going to let it go like that.

In the Sky, Chu Yuechan materialized a block of ice with a sharpened end and threw it at the beast which couldn't penetrate the latter body but the Beast failed to evade the attack as its body was larger and fell down far away on the ground with a cry.

Chu Yuechan landed on the ground and started to walk to the unconscious Beast. She flew from Frozen Cloud Immortal Palace and reached the Wasteland of Death and had to chase after this Ice Beast soon after. Her reserves were waning and she decided to end it fast.

When the distance was closing up, the beast shot its eyes open and attacked Chu Yuechan with its sturdy tail which by reflex, she blocked it condensing her profound strength using <Frozen Cloud Barrier>

Due to the impact, Chu Yuechan's clothes were partly torn and her veil was unraveled and she is one more step closer to completely exhaust her profound energy as it was consumed by a large margin by her move.

She was now in a weakened state but was too adamant to flee.

The Ice Beast ascending from the ground and stood on its legs shook its body and tried to attack Chu Yuechan with its head, feeling that the prey is now much vulnerable and was ready to attack.

Chu Yuechan conjured her strongest skill once again to block the attack but being the short-range attack, she couldn't completely evade it and was heavily injured.

Receiving an attack from a peak stage of Sky Profound Beast wasn't a joke and Chu Yuechan wasn't in her prime condition either.

The Ice Beast was preparing to launch a blast of Ice Energy at Chu Yuechan not letting the opportunity go.

At this time, Chu Yuechan remembered Frozen Soul Bead which was given by her Master but couldn't even use it as it would work only at someone lower than Sky Profound Realm. She was about to exhaust her energy reserves and stood motionless waiting for her impending doom.

Several memories flashed through her mind. Growing up as a little girl on the streets where her main purpose in life then was to feed her little sister.

And from then being adopted by Gong Yuxian for her 'inborn talent', she decided to repay her with everything and embarked on this cultivation path and never had a reason to look back. All day the same routine followed. Her previous loving little sister was now no different from a stranger.

Even if she somehow escaped alive from here, being a cripple is a fate worse than death itself. Her Master wouldn't have second thoughts about abandoning her and expel from the Sect without any mercy. Her sister might not even care for her.

Feeling these intense emotions coursing through her, Chu Yuechan felt her heart hurt after a long time. Unknown to her, her heart which was ice-cold was steadily melting away.

She began to question her own existence.

Not even a day in her life was worth anything since she practiced Frozen Cloud Arts. She became immune to joy, pain, and everything that makes her different from a human. She was nothing more than a doll of Frozen Cloud Immortal Palace.

At this time, a smile surfaced on her emotionless face mocking herself. Even if she dies here, her sister wouldn't even shed tears. Or feel sorry, at most.

"<Phoenix Ray>"

A high-powered beam that could burn through any space passed through the Ice Beast's body.  And it fell to the ground with a thump not letting a sound of its own.

*Thump*

<Phoenix Ray> is the Eighth stage of the World Ode of the Phoenix which the current Phoenix didn't even remember.


(Somewhere in the Wasteland of Death)


"See? Now, do it" said Yun Che looking at Cang Yue making excuses.

"Brother Che, why don't you start teaching with something easier?" asked Cang Yue gulping.

Yun Che decided to teach Cang Yue World Ode of the Phoenix. So, he gave out a sample to her as well as Yun Che himself was testing the might of the so-called World Ode of the Phoenix.

And to say he was satisfied was the least, it even exceeded his expectations. The beam passed through everything and darted into the sky without losing its momentum a bit.

*Thump*

An earth-shattering sound resonated in the surroundings with the fall of the Ice Profound Beast. It was barely audible to Cang Yue.

"Yue'er, let's go," said Yun Che and both neared the location in the directions where the <Phoenix Ray> was discharged and arrived at the place where the battle took covered with ice.

The site looked like an abandoned area with all the weaker profound beasts fleeing away long back. And in the midst of all, laid a lady with torn clothes resulting in revealing most of her pale skin.

Yun Che quickly averted his eyes and turned back and let Cang Yue probe the ladies' condition.

"Brother Che, she is only unconscious. It will take a while for her to regain her consciousness back," said Cang Yue feeling even breaths from the lady and from the torn dress, Cang Yue could guess the sect from which the lady came. "She is someone from the Frozen Cloud Asgard"

Yun Che pulled out a new blue dress fitting for Chu Yuechan from his system and handed it to Cang Yue. After that, Cang Yue carried Chu Yuechan to a nearby cave.

Yun Che collected the Profound beast core from the Ice Sky Profound Beast laying on the side and threw it in his inventory and followed Cang Yue.

Hope the chapter is to your liking. It will take some time to update more as I am trying to write it for my patrons. Frozen Cloud Asgard women don't let any emotions show on their faces. So, it went smoother than expected. The interactions will be a lot different from the canon. That's all I tell you. And thank you, patrons. Expect more chapters shortly...

2