Annulling Marriage Contract III
279 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This marriage is invalid from the start," Xiao Lei dropped the bomb.

"W-What?"

Not only Xia Hongyi, but even Yun Che and Cang Yue were taken aback by the sudden revelation.

"F-Father, What does that mean?" Xia Hongyi couldn't contain himself anymore and asked.

"It means what it says," replied Xiao Lei. "Che'er isn't my blood-related grandson. So, by nullifying the contract, it doesn't affect the promise you made to Ying'er long back. The marriage contract is itself a joke, to begin with."

Xia Hongyi's eyes started turning wider for each word Xiao Lei spoke.

"This was a secret I myself promised to keep in case Che'er stays a cripple but now with him not being a cripple anymore and your daughter isn't what I'd expect, It's better to reveal it now," he said.

"H...How?" asked Hongyi stammering unable to believe what Xiao Lei just said. How can Xiao Che be someone other than his friend's son? And many other things became clouded to him.

"Ying'er requested me to promise me such till Che'er gets married, it is for him not to become a laughing stock of the city and live in peace. As for my blood-related grandson, I myself don't know whether if he is living or dead," he said with a grim tone.

The rest of the lunch was silent with none initiating a conversation. Xia Hongyi occasionally opened his mouth wanting to say something, but eventually closed it with hardly any words to get out and shared his lunch in silence.

"I'll excuse myself," said Xia Hongyi getting off the table and went away not before he greeted Xiao Lei once more.

"Che'er, do you want to know more about your birth parents?" asked Xiao Lei seeing that Xia Hongyi has left.

He was actually waiting for Yun Che himself to ask something related to his parents, but not getting anything from him, he asked.

"Yes," came a short reply.

For Yun Che, there were no relations whatever and will just be the same. But as he saw Cang Yue's enquiring look, he agreed.

"They go by the family name 'Yun', that's all I know," said Xiao Lei with a sigh. "But remember, Che'er, whether you're blood-related or not, you'll always be my grandson,"

"Yes, Grandpa," replied Yun Che.

"Grandpa, shall I add more rice to your bowl?" asked Cang Yue wanting to let go of this heavy atmosphere in the room.

"Mmm.. sure," Xiao Lei said with a smile.


The lunch soon ended only when their stomachs were filled to the brim and no space to stuff anything more inside. The food was that tasty, what could they do?

"Che'er, you need to take good care of Yue'er," said Xiao Lei sternly to Yun Che.

"I will, Grandpa," he replied peeking at Cang Yue's back who was arranging all the stuff back to their places.

"Good..."

Knock Knock**

The door to the room opened with Xiao Yunhai standing behind.

"Elder Lei, I hope I didn't come at the wrong time," he said each word with great respect trying to butter up to him.

"What is it, Clan Leader?" asked Xiao Lei timidly.

He knew the reason but still enquired as it was quite rare for the Clan Leader himself to come to visit an Elder's courtyard.

"Can I speak to Young Master Xiao?" he asked, turning his gaze to Yun Che and said with remorse. "Actually, I am here to seek forgiveness on behalf of the entire Clan for our past actions,"

Looking at Yun Che's lack of disinterest over the matter, he was partly at ease.

"Clan Leader, I also have something to tell you," Xiao Lei said feeling it to be the best time to reveal details of Yun Che's origin.

"Haha...If it is concerning Young Master Xiao not being a member of Xiao Clan, I knew it," Xiao Yunhai gave out a nervous laugh and said.

Xiao Yunhai was informed by his son Xiao Yunlong long back about Xiao Che not being someone related to Xiao Clan. But as there was no purpose to reveal it back then, they masked it and wanted to use it on Xiao Che or Qingyue's return for the divorce to happen. That way, he was sure to get his son married to the beauty.

It was a blessing in disguise that they didn't take any immediate action that day waiting for a suitable opportunity. This came in handy.

"Clan Leader, I can take any punishment for the deed I have done," Xiao Lei said without any guilt. He knew the day would come when words would leak out and spread to everyone about what he had done and was ready to embrace it.

"Elder Lei sure jests, how can I think of punishing the strongest Elder of my own Clan?" Xiao Yunhai asked treating what Xiao Lei said as a mere joke. "We are fortunate to have you and Young Master with us all this time. Who in their right minds would do something like that?"

If it was earlier, he wouldn't think twice before tossing them into Reflection Gorge without any care in the world, but now, he didn't even dare to think about it.

"Elder Lei, if you're in need of something, you just need to ask," said Xiao Yunhai and hurriedly bid his farewell. He didn't want them to changes their minds so he slowly slipped away.

Coming out of the courtyard, Xiao Yunhai clenched his hands above his head indicating his triumph to others. All the Clan members who were stationed nearby let out a sigh of relief and pumped their fists in the air feeling grateful for what their Clan Leader had accomplished.

They were now sure to see the next day. With someone at the legendary Sky Profound Realm, aiding at their back, they now rested assured and promised themselves not to make fun of someone at a lower realm anymore.


(Back with Cang Yue)


Cang Yue wanted to spend some quality time with Yun Che alone. So, she stayed together with Yun Che in the same courtyard.

Now and then, she was probing to know more details of how Yun Che spent his childhood. She was quite embarrassed when her Royal Father revealed almost everything related to her, so she now wanted to do the same. But wasn't making much progress till far.

"Brother Che, Is it really you? Whenever Grandpa says something about your past, I just can't connect with the present you. It felt like he was talking about someone else but not you?" she asked.

"And what about your skills regarding cooking? Are you a cripple? And... y-y-o-u-r-  n-am-e i-s Yun.."

Yun Che was tired of listening to what Cang Yue had to say and just leaned forward, locking her supple lips with his own.

Cang Yue's eyes went wide at first, but she eventually closed them and started passionately reciprocating back with her own and turning the gentle kiss into a much steamy one. It was the second time Yun Che himself initiated and she wanted to relish this moment.

Yun Che spread his hands around her waist closer while she joined both her hands at the back of his neck. It continued for a while as they were busy exploring the deepest areas of each other.

It lasted for about 10 minutes, and both of them separated due to having exhausted the air within them after some time. Yun Che could last much longer but conceded looking at Cang Yue's drained state.

"You're asking something?" asked Yun Che waggling his eyebrows.

It took time for Cang Yue to come out of her daze, feeling she was being played at, balled her fists, and threw punches at Yun Che's chest with little to no strength earning a chuckle from Yun Che.


(Next day)


Even though it's just been a day since Yun Che's arrival, everything seemed to have changed in the Xiao Clan overnight. Elder Lei was held in the highest regard in the Clan, having more status than the Clan Leader himself.

All the clan leaders requested him to be the Next Clan Leader to which he adamantly refused.

"Little Che..." Xiao Lingxi who was lying weakly on the bed gently opened her eyes and mumbled.

2