Playful Little Chan
427 6 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Sister Yue is a princess?!'

Lingxi, who stood on the side, listening to what Yun Che said, was startled.

For someone like her, who was born and raised in a small city, the title 'Princess' carries a heavyweight along with it. As such, she couldn't connect the dots to Cang Yue, who in no way was arrogant and haughty like the one she had assumed in the past.

But she nonetheless felt happy for Yun Che even though a feeling of sadness was constantly welling up in her, which she tried very hard to suppress.

Cang Yue eventually separated from her Father's embrace and quickly wiping tears off her face, introduced Xiao Lei and Lingxi with a smile.

The atmosphere turned warm with each side, exchanging pleasantries.

'Master, the portal is going to open in 2 days' time' The Phoenix informed reverting back to its miniature form.

The Portal which the Phoenix was referring to was the Heavenly Basin Secret Realm which usually opens once every 3 years. Before it would open up every ten years but eventually dropped down to five years until dropping to the current 2 years.

"Sister Lingxi, I've been to here before, Why don't you come with me to take a look around here?" Cang Yue asked whirling around and pulled Lingxi together with her. She knew Lingxi was a little nervous and wanted her to ease up a little.

The Phoenix too excused itself and followed behind Lingxi. It was really curious about the divine aura, Lingxi's body emanated and wanted to examine it more closely.

"Honey, let's greet the unattended guests who've been here," Ling Yuefeng said to his wife, who was occasionally peeking at Yun Che's figure from time to time.

He clutched his chest hard as he began to feel as if daggers were piercing his very own heart. The feeling he got when his wife was stealing glances at a stranger, let him feel pain like no other. But he couldn't make himself say anything as Yun Che was exceptionally handsome even from his past young self.

Taking a last look at Yun Che, Ling Yuefeng along with Yufeng walked back to the Entrance.


Yun Che smiled seeing Cang Yue gladly take Lingxi along with her. Lingxi's cultivation was not that higher. His purpose to bring her to the tournament is to broaden her view about cultivation.

He also wanted to be done with the tournament quickly and was eager to receive the next quest from his system. The system initially offered him to complete the quest in a period of 6 months. But, it has only been a bit more than around 2 months and he will be able to complete it soon.

[Host, the initial quests are prepared a lot easier]

[Host's Quest Level will be raised to a difficult level upon completing the present one]

His system informed as it read Yun Che's thoughts.

'How difficult are they going to be?' Yun Che pondered and dispersed his <Profound Handle>.

At this moment, his senses picked up a cold aura heading towards his direction. The aura was cold but not hostile. Paying closer attention, he felt the coldness wasn't as before but was even a little… warm?

Without a delay, Yun Che levitating from the ground, shot into the direction.

Spotting a youth flying in the sky without the aid of any artifact, many of the onlookers were dumbfounded. The Elders of Major Sects included.

How ridiculous it may seem, no one could dismiss the possibility of the teen reaching the Sky Profound Realm. Some already noted down not to mess with the person while many others dreamed to grab hold of the treasures for themselves.


Each time the Blue Wind Tournament was conducted, Ling Yuefeng took utmost care not to displease the fairies of the Frozen Asgard. He himself with precaution chose to allot them the courtyard which was farthest from the others as no one would enter the area in hopes to receive a favor.

Chu Yuechan felt a familiar silhouette approaching her location. When she saw it was Yun Che, her eyes lit up. She slowed down and landed on the ground.

She then closed her eyes, took in a deep breath, calming herself.

The time she had spent with Yun Che was very little but as she stopped cultivating the Frozen Heart Arts, she wasn't much immune to emotions anymore. A feeling of warmness surged through her heart for the umpteenth time she reminisced the days she spent with Yun Che.

She forgot to put on her veil longing to see Yun Che. Well... it wouldn't matter as it would have no effect on the latter.

"You're really here," said Yun Che, raking his fingers through his hair, as soon as he descended, confirming the aura he felt was indeed the Ice-cold lady.

He was honestly surprised to see Chu Yuechan here. It was just a coincidence he met up with her in the Wasteland of Death and didn't expect her to attend the tournament.

"Are you perhaps participating in the tournament?" he asked as it was the only reasonable explanation he could come up with.

As Chu Yuechan never disclosed her status in the Sect, and along with her appearance, it was not weird for Yun Che to mistake her age.

She grew resistant to all the flattery she received since long back, but hearing Yun Che's honest tone, she couldn't help but curve her lips into a smile.

Awe transformed Yun Che's face as he was caught off guard seeing Chu Yuechan smile back at him. Even though they spoke few words with each other, it was just that. Never did she smile back then. Moreover, her personality seemed to take subsequent changes from before.

"You look beautiful when you smile," he unconsciously muttered.

Compared to her usually stoic face, the tender smile which crept onto her face added further to her beauty which was deadly. The sight was so breathtaking that even the surroundings dulled in comparison.

Looking at Yun Che who lost his composure for the first time since she saw him, Chu Yuechan blinked her lashes and a hint of accomplishment flashed in her eyes. Her charm did not lessen a bit even after she's turned 45, which heightened her spirits a little.

"Chu Yuechan... that is my name.." She revealed her name, with a smile never leaving her face. "And, I'm here escorting my Sects disciples."

"Um... Senior Sister Yuechan... What do you mean by Disciples?" he asked.

As Yun Che only came to know about the history of the Frozen Cloud Asgard and the profound arts from Cang Yue but never was interested in knowing the details of the disciples, he didn't know Chu Yuechan's current identity as the Empire's number one Beauty nor her position in the Sect.

"I'm like... an Elder in the Sect," she said.

Her fame in the Empire was widely known, but as Yun Che was unaware of it, she more or less explained her position in the Sect. She didn't want it to remain a secret between them.

"Mn.." Yun Che nodded in understanding.

Yun Che then told Chu Yuechan regarding Cang Yue. They spoke for a little while when Chu Yuechan's palm continued to blink.

"Little Chan?"

"Scree!" a cheerful cry was heard from her hand.

'No, I won't allow it,' Chu Yuechan telepathically said as she knew what her pet wanted from her.

"Screeeeeeee!!!.." a piercing cry continued to emit out of her hand showing no signs of stopping.

'Little Chan, stop it!'

'Scree?'

'Okay.. okay.. but only if you behave well..'

'Scree. Scree.' The bird agreed.

Chu Yuechan sighed and slowly began to summon it. There was a tiny glow on her hand and soon Little Chan's back appeared before Yun Che.

"This is Little Chan, my pet. It wanted to see you... so I brought it along with me," Chu Yuechan said introducing her little pet.

"Scree?" Little Chan turned back and tilted its head to look at Yun Che.

It then relaxed its body while its head and body were at attention. Turning towards its Master, it gave a nod.

"Okay, Little Chan, now it's time to return back," Chu Yuechan timidly said trying to unsummon it.

Little Chan began to fade into particles. Just before it could totally disappear, it gave a light push to Chu Yuechan making her tumble.

Yun Che reflexively caught her in his arms while Chu Yuechan sunk into his embrace.

"S-Senior Sister?"

Hearing Yun Che, Chu Yuechan swiftly freed herself and looked away.

'Little Chan! You did it on purpose!' she internally squealed.

'..Scree..' came the usual short reply from her hand.

"I have to leave now. I'll meet Junior Brother again later..." she hurriedly said organizing her thoughts in place with her back facing him.

She covered her face with her veil as she didn't want her slightly flushed cheeks to be seen by Yun Che due to the sudden intimate position she's been held.

For her, who has been completely foreign to a man's touch, it was hard not to show it upon her face. Her snowy attire gently swayed in the wind and soon she disappeared from the sight.

I uploaded this fic here in Scribble Hub as I wanted pointers from more readers. I tried to make this fic as interesting as possible. If you want me to continue this series, text me or show your support in any form. I lack support from you guys! Honestly, I don't want to stop mid-way but as I am not a rich second-generation kid, I had part-time jobs to do for my survival. So until I get some spare time... goodbye! 

5