Chapter Fifty-Five
143 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a different room a very beautiful woman laid naked on a bed with her back facing the ceiling. Black spots spreading throughout her sublime pale skin.

"I'll be starting princess Liliana," his hands hovered above her, the surrounding maids getting hold of her arms and legs.

She inhaled deeply, clutching to the sheets underneath her, knowing something was coming.

A yellow wave of warmth descended, fighting the darkness that was spreading on her. The blight diminished by the second causing the princess screams to spread through the room. Her body squirmed, too painful to stay still, but the makes didn't back off, their posture commendable, their effort priceless.

Soon his mana dried, leaving a sweaty man shaking on his legs. "You've been overusing your curse," Luke complained, unhappy with how strong the corruption had grown. Sure enough, as a healer, he had given her plenty of warnings, this, too, a part of his job.

Her eyes narrowed, her teeth gritted furious, "it is my duty to serve the kingdom!"

"Right..." his mutter didn't pass inaudible but the young woman before him no longer had the strength to rebuke. "Take care of the princess."

The maids rushed over with expensive fabric pieces and clothes, hiding that beautiful body away from the eyes of this man.

He turned around, chair sighted, ass landing on its comfortable pillow on rigid wood.

"The quality is something else," his butt cheeks applauded at how it felt, making his mind elated, willful to take this chair back home.

"Healer," a maid extended her hands toward him, blue potions resting atop them.

He took them, opening their lids, savoring the taste within, a sensation of energy gradually flowing once more. The flasks returned to the maid who awaited them, to dispose the flasks.

The vividness returned to him mana recovering faster than the normal, his purification job was far from over.

"What a curse," his expression was terrified, its power was overwhelming, causing this treatment to not be as effective as he'd love it to be. Yet, with enough times, it proved worth doing. Of course, for that a huge amount of mana was required, therefore the highest quality mana potions.

"It is my burden but it's worth having," her words caused unease on him. The princess was far too lost in the benefits such terrifying power carried.

"Your highness should be more careful, your health may not last at this rate."

"Senseless," her word cut the conversation sharply.

He could tell she was annoyed every time he said these words, but it was also his job to do so. It was all part of the treatment to fend off the curse influence.

"Don't allow it to consume you. You're far better than this," his words flew warmly like the rays of sunshine, caressing her wounded heart.

"I have a duty to my family," her eyes struck his back, hands too far from touching it.

"I know," he turned around, meeting a sensual woman with thin and cozy materials barely covering her intimate parts. "But tell me oh princess, how will you do anything without having a good health."

Her hand went on her face, cheeks red, temperature hot. The headache started; the truth made its way past the curse. Her defenses penetrated by him, the persuasion was often effective after showering her with the light element, one of the curse weaknesses.

"I'll... manage," her eyes avoided his and everything else, eventually stopping at the sight of the white clean sheets in front of her, docile thin fingertips grasping them. "Heal me."

He bowed lightly before moving closer, fingers closing and opening, his aura turning denser, and lightful. The maids' hands clutched to the princess body, unwilling to let go even if she ordered as such. She rested her head on the pillow below, gritting her teeth. Pain was coming, a lot of it, treacherously and unwillingly so.

The screams returned as the blackness of her skin slowly disappeared. His control over the intensity and pinpointed location was exemplar, far greater than what Iris had achieved. However, he had taught her properly. Luke knew his seed would come to surpass him sooner or later. If not in magic, then in swordsmanship, and if not reaching him, then his wife.
'She loves magic and books the most,' a tiny grin passed by, warming him inside, resulting in the princess to take notice, but she chose to say nothing.

Whatever was going through his mind, it had to be something happy, which she didn't find a need to deny. If anything, it gave her some reassurance considering her current state. She had touched him once before, even if it meant that her curse would grow back then, but it was one way of her to get to know if someone was trustworthy or not. He had passed her test and also had saved her life. There was nothing she held against him; other than the pain his skill caused her. There were plenty of thoughts with killing intent that ran through her mind. But every time after long sessions of treatment she would come back to her senses and not exact a death penalty. In the end, he kept saving her life, which also allowed her to keep using the curse powers. Something he wasn't happy with. It made his treatments useless, his long trips far from his family be repeated. He would rather have her stopping touching people altogether.

The light halted and with it, so did the screams. The maids released her silky-smooth skin, leaving red marks throughout her body. They were fierce about keeping her down, such was the affection they had for her, but also the fear of disappointing the crown Prince direct orders. Humans came by quite easily, their lives often not worth much. Yet, it didn't mean these lowly beings were living to let go of them. After all, everyone only had one life, and people seek to keep it safe, to live a good one if the chance drops by.

"It fucking hurts," vulgar vocabulary flowed out of her mouth, unmatched with the status of her bloodline. Yet only she knew the horrors Luke's magic caused on her body.

"I'm terribly sorry, your highness."

"Damn it," she cursed harshly, not towards his efforts, his ability to cure her, but the strong side effects that overruled her sanity at times. He could not heal her psychological injuries and they were growing deeper by the day. Princess Lilliana always had a couple of knights and servants following her to make sure she didn't do anything too abnormal. Yet, there were times that not even them could manage to keep her fame intact. Deeds outside her boundaries, erratic behavior made her underlings wary of her. And the worst part, she was the youngest one of the royal siblings, third in line to the throne of the Lumen kingdom, and a woman at that. There was not a problem with her becoming a queen, however, the ruler would have to be someone outside of the royal family bloodline. It was easier for one of her brothers to claim the throne and pass their blessed blood to their descendants alongside the family name.

"The treatment is over," his sight scanned her curves, smooth pale skin, finding himself quite pleased with the results.

"Anne, accompany the healer outside."

At the princess words, a maid bowed then headed to the exit, opening a door for Luke to pass.

"Until next time your highness, please be more careful."

"Sure," her words flowed effortlessly, her body trembling softly. Leftover pain coursing her mind, making her believe her inwards were still being affected. Traumatic experience kept her in check, her sanity level in danger, but even now, she was still willing to use her power to find useful tools. Clearly, a dangerous human young lady.

The door soon closed on the man's back, allowing Liliana some comfort. The maids brought water and small pieces of white cloth, drenching them till they became wet, then stretched before passing on her porcelain-like appearance. They removed the sweat that originated from the treatment, one rub at a time. This brought some peace in the woman mind and body, something she lacked, always having both strained.

"Prepare paper and ink," despite the moment that should have been to relax, she was already preparing her next move. Liliana, the diligent princess, always behind her older brothers, but never lacking the effort to put her brain to use. Despite everything, she believed herself to be as worthy of the throne as her other siblings.

Many perceived her beliefs as delusions yet her closest vassal: the head of the yellow rose house thought quite differently.

Liliana got up and headed to the desk where the writing tools awaited, drops of water spilling from her body, falling on the floor, drenching the wood, darkening it. The poor maids followed her with slippery cloths on their hands, failing their target until she remained immovable.

On the other side of the door, Luke found himself perplexed with the view of Aurora on the floor kissing the prince hand, specifically, his royal ring, a family heirloom.

"I hereby declare you to be my vassal until I or another of my kin turns king or queen."

"Your highness, this lady shall lend you her mind until the rightful one sits on the throne."

He smirks at her words believing him, the crown Prince, to be the one.

"Show me results worth a reward, and in exchange, I'll acquire as many soldiers as you need to destroy our enemies."

Her head lowered even further as if confirming his words. Subtle he removed his hand, taking a step back from her.

The two men behind her stood still, gazing at her expectantly of her future deeds. If Aurora became as good at commanding men as she was controlling chess pieces, then the tides of war would certainly be affected.

Unexpectedly, knocks on the door where the daughter and father had entered were heard by everyone, grabbing their solemn attention.

9