Chapter Six
517 5 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 5007 after the system, day 2 of the flowering season in the morning, a day after my birthday.

‘These look good,’ hastily, knowing today was the day I’d be able to go outside to try fishing. I dressed in some casual brown clothes since there was a chance to dirty them near the river. Once my body fit the last piece of clothing. My little bottom found itself falling on the bed, leaving my long hair exposed to the sunlight, beautifully shining with a light-yellow blonde.

Because of yesterday’s excitement at going to the village briefly, I returned home only to have dinner and then headed to bed to rest. There had been some changes to which I decided to have a look at one of my skills.

Notice: System consumed 2 mana.

Status:
Level: 1 | Experience: 0/100
Health: 8/8 | Mana: 37/39
Vitality: 8 | Intelligence: 0 | Wisdom: 13
Status Points: 10
Fame: 800 | Disgrace: 400

‘Points... right. I was too excited before to keep attention to them before, but I’m assuming we use them on the things above? Would it increase my mana further if I did that?’ I tilted my head to the left, then briefly to the right while crossing my arms.

‘I could really use a lot of energy to read more books and to check status freely...’ after remembering blacking out from exhaustion, I gulped and reached a decision.

Furthermore, I extended my arms a bit and clapped my hands against one another, voicing out firmly, “I want all my points to be spent in wisdom!”

System: You have received the title, Wisdom.

‘A new title? How come?’ With the information automatically being switched to the status because of my actions, I gazed at it, becoming dumbfounded.

Notice: System consumed 2 mana.

Status:
Health: 8/8 | | Mana: 65/69
Vitality: 8 | Intelligence: 1 | Wisdom: 23
Status Points: 0
Fame: 800 | Disgrace: 500

“Oh, my! That’s so much mana...” On second thought, I remembered my mother’s words.

‘I’m sure dad who knows about magic would have thousands, if not millions, more than me!’

I consented to my own ideas with a nod and a brief smile, having pride for my father, who was supposedly good enough that he was willing to go as far as to teach me about magic.

‘I received the wisdom title for spending 10 points in wisdom. Is that a good or a bad thing?’ was there a chance to spend ten points on every parameter, gaining a title for each one? Or had this been special in some way? There had also been a change related to disgrace having gained about a hundred of it.

‘Is disgrace bad?’ I wondered deeply about the subject as it sounded like it, but didn’t seem to affect me in any way. With a soft tap, I looked for the information regarding these so-called titles.

Titles:
Reincarnated. 
Wisdom.

‘I’d love if I could get some information out of these,’ after drumming my index finger with my left hand on both multiple times like a maniac, nothing changed on the screen.

“Doesn’t work...”

I let out a soft yet frustrated sigh before resuming the waltz of my lips.

“Might as well spend the mana I received,” it was interesting that after spending these points, the mana had increased, but also healed part of it.

Notice: System consumed 2 mana.

System Library:

World of Artana I, II

Fishing I, II

Baking I, II

Cooking I, II

Farming I, II

After hovering over the list, I noticed something unfamiliar.

‘Farming? Was there a book with such a title?’

Excitedly, I took a a glance at it, making a big smile filled with curiosity.

Notice: System consumed 15 mana.

Farming I

Author: Farmer Alex

As a fellow human and now as an old grandpa who can’t plow his fields anymore. I’ve decided to write my lifetime down regarding my farmer’s job.

I started as a very weak kid around my 10 years, and gradually, as I used a hoe to plow, my strength increased with time.

I’m not sure of the reason, but perhaps the farming achievements I gained over time had something to do with it.

I’d do a lot of hours every day of exercise from this profession and from time to time I’d get new titles, or the accomplishments grades would rank up.

In the end, my status became enough for me to do my work a bit faster and consistently. I initially started with very few cheap things.

I bought a hoe from an experienced farmer. Tomato seeds from a traveling merchant, and also a large straw hat from a street seller’s store because of the severe hours I spent under the sunlight. Waking up early where the sun wasn’t as intense was the way to reduce sunburns. It was also during this time where I began plowing my fields. Then I’d sow everything and close the holes, watering everything once I had finished.

At some point birds began pecking onto my fields, looking for the hidden seeds. To fight this, I made a scarecrow to deal with those fiends. To build one I used some wood, after I cut a tree, and some old cloth. It was pretty effective thinking back at it.

I remember my strength increasing from chopping trees too. Later on, as I grew up, I ended marrying and having a very cute daughter. She asked me if we could have some plants, so at 40 years old I started harvesting some in a different field.

It was then that I became stronger. It felt then at the age of 65 that I had mastered all the achievements of farming, but perhaps there was more to it. The day I finished, I felt my strength increasing, sadly I took too long to understand the art of a farmer.

I believe that future farmers, with or without the class, will not bother themselves reading this book, as most don’t know how to do so.

Still... I hope my tale goes across so that everyone who tries it can have an easier time than I did.

Page 1/1

Notice: You have unlocked strength in status. 

‘Seems like there are various things that help the status grow.’

I smiled adorably and heartily, thinking about the information displayed in the window, realizing that I had spent my points on parameters. Yet, not all of them were out yet, hoping that such wouldn’t turn out as a mistake later on.

‘I’ll ask mother to buy me a hoe and some seeds,’ I smiled briefly, having found a way to satisfy her request, committing myself to a world of fishing and farming.

“How hard could it be?” my mutters left in a convincing tone to myself, so that I’d do them without wasting the efforts of the person who wrote them.

“Magic and swordsmanship lessons... fishing and farming activities...”

A deep breath followed by the clenching of my left fist, “you can do this Iris!”

After speaking to myself with some resilience, my chin rose a bit upwards, staring at the plains outside.

‘With a big farm, I should be able to get vegetables and fruits...’

There had been a lot I had learned already. If I sold the things that would grow in the fields, I could sell them or get someone to do them for me if I didn’t have enough time. Then I could even follow the recipes of Xuxu and use my fresh ingredients.

Strangely enough, everything seemed to match, or perhaps my own deductions and my pseudo-long-time planning were turning into a significant result.

‘I’ll do a bit of everything and hopefully get stronger that way. The achievements and every point should matter,’ I giggled joyfully at the entire thing, aiming my finger at the screen to change its contents.

‘Of course, reading too.’

I was having so much fun that I no longer could stop myself from going to the next book.

Notice: System consumed 15 mana.

Farming II

Author: Farmer Alexandra

My grandpa died when I was 7 years old. A special ceremony took place for me, which also happens to every human child of that age.

I spent my status points on parameters that I felt would help me continue his honorable job, mainly strength, as it was a tough profession.

I wanted to be like him, so I took the job farmer. There were some people who called it a profession.

In the end, that’s what we do for the rest of our life, as changing to another resets everything we’ve achieved to that point. 

One important thing is that the nobles have a couple of things we do not, such as possessing a higher mana amount because of their ancient lineage. Not to forget the blessing the goddess gave their ancestors, one that every one of them has, and that we peasants can never get, no matter what. Unless, perhaps, if one could become a noble, but I’ve never seen that happen.

I grew up following the advice from the past volume, and also from his daily teachings. I reached the peak at 30 and my mother at 50.

I discovered some interesting things that allowed me to make things faster. I believe we could hasten them through future generations. One of them was sowing different seeds from the start and harvesting different plants. These two will contribute with achievements of their own; I believe the farmer’s title requires all kinds of feats related to such a profession for it to appear. They give wonderful bonuses.

By the age of 25, I ended up marrying a fisherman, who’d complain about having to buy lots of worms and that was expensive in a long term. But thankfully to farming and plowing after harvesting, I started boxing a lot of worms that lived in my fields.

This allowed my husband Felix to increase his fishing skills, earning achievements and money rapidly. Those squirming pinky things that lived in my fields were also bigger and fatter compared to the ones sold by traveling merchants. That may have affected his fishing as well.

I asked him to write a few notes as my grandpa did in order to help the future fishers of our Lumen kingdom. I felt like doing what others didn’t, mainly to differ from the humans who aren’t helpful to one another, sadly. Because of the system, the royals, the nobles, and the church, they seclude from each other as they try to progress alone, believing only they can change this world.

I appeal that my kindness can reach those who read this. I will pray every day to the goddess Aria, who saved us all from the recent war against the boar tribe. That humans will start being friendlier to one another, especially the nobles. They mistreat us, peasants, way too much. I hope the farmers from this country learn how to read and write early on. That way, they’ll be able to spend some time in the few libraries around the kingdom, improving themselves. 

There’s a chance this book will fade in the future because of the church laws, but alas, I’ve registered it in the library’s codex as law demands it, hoping it won’t. I know little about it, but the elder mentioned something about it being an ancient machine that saves the tales inside the system. There was even a theory at some point that it was so the gods could leisure themselves with the creations we came up with. Or simply to pass their time seeing how much we have progressed.

Page 1/1

Notice: You have unlocked age in status. 

‘It is a little sad to know the grandpa died... he sounded really kind in the first story.’

The sorrow took over me, causing my head to lean slightly, restraining my shining eyes from pouring. I still remained far too sensitive, but it didn’t seem like something that would change anytime soon. 

‘I’m very honored to be able to read your works. I can feel the love in it.’

From the story, I felt a need to not waste the information provided in it, compromising deep within my heart to make use of it now more than ever. A tear fell, one filled with sadness and respect for those who were no longer part of this world. I moaned and readjusted myself, thinking about the later part of the tale.

‘It seems like I’ll be able to get worms of my own...’ I remembered some nights when I was a baby, when my parents would go under the sheets and shake the bed. After some time of that happening, on one of those nights, I ended up hearing about the entire process and how it was necessary to make babies. This was one thing my mother mentioned, as she was thrilled with me, but wouldn’t mind two or three kids more.

’Perhaps I could even find a way to mate these worms,’ to my surprise, the fisherman author was this woman’s husband. Without proper dating, it turned out quite complicated to know when these tales happened, if they happened at all.

The day before, during my birthday party, there was a man who taught me about the Lumen kingdom calendar. He said there was a period between the before and after the system. A line in time that became divided by the gods who brought significant changes to the world of Artana. As such, years started being calculated from that point onwards, eventually dividing that space of time using numbers, and also four different seasons, each lasting for 90 days. They together produced a year.

I got up groaning, turning around because of the sun burning the center of my back. Once I faced outside, I peeked at the gap between the curtains.

Once I got outside, the beautiful clear blue sky looked down on me. As I smiled, my hair flew because of the soft breeze, which made me inhale deeply, feeling the freshness of the surrounding greenery. Its fragrance made my nostrils delighted and satisfied to be able to casually walk outside without having to worry about anything.

‘Before fishing,’ There was one more story to wrap up before attempting fishing. Hopefully, it’d contain hints to help me succeed.

Notice: System consumed 15 mana.

Fishing II

I’ve been helping my wife at farming and ever since then, fishing, which required some strength, has become a tad easier. Thanks to this, I’ve observed my body agility and dexterity increase. I’ve been able to move a little faster and use my hands better at small works. Even things like penetrating the wire inside the hook’s tiny ring wouldn’t call it seeing better, but more like the accuracy improved. Of course, that it was only a tiny bit, but significant to know they changed. The amount of points that we require to make great changes are more than the ones we receive from achievements, otherwise, there wouldn’t be people trying to level up, and instead would just complete them, since despite being really long, they do come to an end.

Believe it or not, after spending so much time fishing, I felt like even that became slightly faster! The number of fish caught increased, though it could’ve just been my imagination. There was also a chance that it was the influence of the excitement of having my diverse parameters increasing.

I feel like catching different types, and doing it in various places has all been great to this progression. I’ve been using some worms from my wife’s fields. This made fishing more profitable instead of what I used to do before I met her, which was buying boxes from random traveling merchants and farmers.

After befriending a man of trades, who doesn’t take a big tax to sell the things I catch, me and my wife ended up gaining a bit more money than usual. I’m currently 30 years old and I haven’t mastered fishing, nor have I found all the achievements and titles of this profession. Yet, I completed some with a (100/100) in front of them. Only through mastering all the beginner ones of said job that will they go to the next grade. That’s what a friend of mine taught me, but there’s a chance that it could have more requirements.

I believe their ranks go from beginner, intermediate, advanced, and not sure if it works like that to every single one, or even if there are other grades. It is quite profound and long. Mastering an art is hardly possible with the life span we humans have, even with the class skills that make this process easier... 

This is everything I was able to figure out as I spent ten years of my life fishing. If in the future, I find something else, I may attempt a new book despite the high cost of registering them.

I hope the future children of the Lumen kingdom will have better luck than me.

Page 1/1

Notice: You have unlocked agility and dexterity in status.

Suddenly, before I could indulge in what I read, my ears heard a voice calling out for me.

“Iris! The food is ready!”

26