Chapter 11 – Schlachtfeld (past)
169 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11 - Schlachtfeld (past)

---6 year old Nana---

 

The yard was big now when I saw it from inside. 

There was a huge field of grass, equipment to train if you wanted to, a field to play any kind of field-ball-sport which I didn’t give two shits about to be honest. 

There were benches, to just sit and chat, or play board games and card games. 

There was this very very old card game that I heard was quite popular that people referred to as “Magic” or something, I'm not sure but Daeron had a set of light cards at home that I looked at. The artwork was enough for me to wanna look through them. 

I didn’t quite get it, the actual game, but it seemed fun and strategic. 

Well, a ton of kids seemed to be playing. 

There was also a climbing wall on the wall of the school, so you could climb to the top if you felt like it. I didn't see any safety harnesses though. 

It looked like a stone gargoyle sat at the corner of the roof looking down on the yard. 

It kinda felt like it was looking at me from up there, but I suppose that’s not an unusual feeling. There were also 3 small sword dueling arenas. 

A pool. 

Damn, they had everything. 

Now that I think of it it looks.. Way smaller from the outside. There must be some sort of spell on the place to make it look smaller, or I suppose it could be space manipulation to make it bigger on the inside.

“Yuna, where are we-” I said as she interrupted me again. 

“What class are you going into?” She asked with a big smile.
“Well, I'm a spellcaster. My focus is fighting mag-” I said as she interrupted me, yeeet again.

She was as good at interrupting me as a newborn baby was likely to wake up its parents in the night. 

“Oooh, a fighter huh? What sort of element is your focus then?” Sounding very excited and curious as she looked at me with intense puppy-eyes as she asked. 

“Well, they wanted me to focus on light since that’s rare,” I said. “But I-” She stopped. 

Grabbed me with both arms, interrupting me in my sentence.  

“Waait, Are you really an elf?!” she yelled at me. 

Everyone was looking for a brief moment that heard her, then just shaking their heads and returning to whatever they were doing. 

Starting to mumble and talk among each other.

“An elf? pf, she’s clearly a fox” 

“Elf? so we got a liar hah” 

“Aren’t those extinct?” 

“Is she blind? she’s a fox” 

“Did that girl claim she's an elf?” 

 

The talking went on rapidly. around us. 

“Scchh” I said, or, hushed and held my finger in front of my mouth. 

“No, I'm just a foxgirl..” I said as I at the same time looped my tail around my waist, then I grabbed it and nervously hid my face behind it..

“..and half human.” I replied quietly. 

“Oh, just that, I thought only elfs could use the light element, I only heard of suuuper old wizards learning to use it that weren't elfs after studying their whole lives kinda.” she babbled on quick as an auctioneer at the auction house as she dragged me towards the dome. 

I surely missed something she said.

 

“Well, you’ve seen the yard I suppose, I saw you looking around as we walked, so show me some of that magic in the dome! 

And i’ll show you what i’m working on too!” She said in a very energetic way and smiled at me.

“okay, is that alright then?” I stuttered as we closed in on the entrance from the yard.
“To use destructive magic without supervision I mean..” I mumbled. 

She ignored me. 

 

We stopped in front of the door, it was quite massive, surely 10 meters high. I could sense magic emanating from it. 

 

“It’s enchanted so only students can get in, you’ve probably had the spell cast on you as you entered the school.” She opened up the gates, then we entered the center of the south part of a huge room with almost everything one could need to practice combat. 

There were 4 arena fields, at around 20 x 10 meters each, and that was the arena field measurement, not including the wall around it with the spectator seats and all, and yes, 

there were of course places to sit and watch for spectators on top of the wall, 

as the arena floors were surrounded by circular walls, with judge tables at the south and north on each of them. Also some sort of box in the sky which looked like a small room soaring above. 

Maybe security? Surveillance? Commentator box? I didn’t ask.

“Let's go down to arena 1, nothing planned for today in there anyway.. I think.” She smiled and ran towards some entrance that was in the middle of the spectator seat area, not far from where we entered. Damn, she's very energetic. 

”Oh, wait!” I yelled, then followed with as she had started to run. 

 

There were stairs, leading down into a changing room area. 

The room was filled with equipment of all kinds. 

The room itself was also quite big, located below the spectator area. 

Also lined with lockers, and looks like a door with a symbol for showers on it. 

 

“This is the girls' side,” she pointed to an image that roughly resembled a girl I think.

“The boys have the other side. It's the same on all the 4 arenas to make it easier to remember” She explained as she kept going towards the door to enter the arena.
“But..b. Okay” I stuttered, confused as I followed her. 

 

We entered the arena, it felt quite huge as I stood there at the door, looking from one end to another. I could sense magic in the ground and all around the place. 

 

“Kiwi, is it safe?” She still sat on my shoulder shimmering in different purple colours, invisible for others of course.

“Yes, I don’t think you need to worry. I sense no ill will come from this one.” She communicated.

 

“Show me a spell!” she said as she turned. She looked at me like a child at christmas eve.
“umh…” I stood there.. leaned my head to the left… finger on my lip.. 

“What do you wanna see?..” I've never been showing off cool stuff just to show off before. I was confused.

 

she stared at me and bursted out a high pitch 

“iiiiiii” 

followed by 

“Awwwwweeii, so cute!”

I covered my ears and cowered down. 

“What's cute? What did I do?.. And please don’t yell!” I pouted, putting on a grumpy face. I had quite a good hearing.

She walked up to me slowly then grabbed my cheeks and said 

“buuut you’re so cuuute!” with a cutesy voice and smiled.  

I sighed. 

“But show me a normal attack ball, or something that looks good.” she smiled and jumped back to the side. 

“One sec.” She held up a finger in the air as she pulled a lever, then there came up a dummy further down in the arena as soon as she’d pulled it. 

“Aim at that thing! It’s meant for target practice!” she yelled as she waved at me.

“Okay, I guess I can do that.” I mumbled, shrugging. 

 

“something pretty, that looks good” I thought to myself…

 

I gathered some fire, lightning, pure light energy, ice and some life energy in orbs above me, having them circle around me as they grew in size, sparkling brightly in their different colours. "Yes, sparky.."
I had upped the intensity of the shine and glow in all of them. 

Then I put my hand forward and the orbs traveled down my shoulder along my arm and shot forward in a ray, circulating each other without any of them merging with the other. It looked like they were dancing forward with each other in a circle creating a beautiful ray. 

It sort of was like a rainbow of different magical energies traveling at a high speed towards the target dummy. 

Yuna stood there and just stared, her eyes were glimmering, she smiled with her jaw dropped and salivated a bit. It sure looked beautiful. I didn't even know I could create such beauty. 

She was quite amazed by the light show... of destruction.

“Umh.. Nana, maybe.. Stop the ray now.. Disint-” Kiwi communicated to me. 

The target dummy disintegrated as the ray traveled through it, then into the arena wall, disintegrating the east side and destroying the east wall of the south arena and collapsing the spectator seats above and as the rubble fell into the beam and also disintegrated. 

It all splashed together in an ongoing explosion of colour on the magical dome that covered the 4 arenas. The explosion kept on going. 

It was sort of beautiful though… 

 

I stopped the ray when I realised, dissipating the magical energy. The explosions soon stopped. 

I closed my eyes. 

Would she think I was a freak? 

Good first day… 

 

I slowly looked over at Yuna’s face, she looked happy and amazed. I overdid it a bit… 

“Ops.” I mumbled quietly and tried to hide behind my tail again and, just tried to look tiny.. Wished I was tiny but my tail remained in size..
“I was just trying to.. Show her what she wanted..” I mumbled, tearing up. 

 

She ran up to me, threw herself at me, making me fall down, hugging me in the process. “You are fucking amazing!" she yelled as she landed on me. 

I was lying on my back in the center of the arena, kinda surprised, shocked. And Yuna was on top of me hugging me.

"W-what? B-but I.. " I stuttered. I didn't quite get her reaction. 

 

She looked at me as she lifted her upper body and held herself up with her hands put beside my head.

"You're amazing. You must be super strong!" she sort of yelled, but more like, talked loudly with a very excited tone. It was annoying for my ears but I was too surprised and happy I had made her happy. 

 

 A few people had gathered up on the spectator area, and a teacher.

"What, who did this.. What.. What!" The teacher was, sort of, yelling up there. 

 

The teacher, who was a teacher in magical defence, specialised in fire magic, stood and stuttered out half shouting. 

Her name was Linn Shinomiya, she was a wolf lady with blue eyes, about 170cm tall, a flat chest, but she had a super cute face and quite a butt. She was dressed in a beautiful lolitastyle dress that was blue with lace details, ribbons and bows.

She looked at us, then the destruction, then back at us and seemed stuck in that loop. As if her brain refused we could've done it. 

Another teacher was walking towards us, Hatori, a teacher in healing, dispelling and restoration spells.
He was a quite small guy, old, about 150 years old or so but looked like he was in his 30s somehow. He was a full on wolfman. Yellow eyes, brown and white fur all over with a spotty beautiful pattern. He was dressed in a t-shirt with some band-logo on it and dark blue jeans today for some reason.

All the students that gathered up were either looking scared, amazed or somewhere inbetween. 

A buzzing sound of all the whispering and talking echoed from the crowd with Linn’s a bit insecure shouting sticking out randomly. I guess we broke her. 

 

Yuna kissed me on my cheek. 

"I'll get you something I've made as promised." She gazed at me after having watched the crowd for about 15 seconds maybe.

"Are we in trouble? Aren't you scared of me?" I awkwardly stuttered, looking to the side. 

She giggled. She grabbed me by my cheeks with her palms and made me face her face. 

"You seem nice. I wanna be your friend forever." she smiled at me. Then she let go. 

 

Another teacher walked up to us, Emin, a teacher specialising in life magic. 

A rabbitman, about 190 tall, slender, about 90cm around the chest. Green eyes. 

Didn't look like he'd be working out physically much but I suppose that wouldn't be needed. He was an old man, no one knew his age though but everyone knew who he was and he seemed to have been at this school since it started, opened up… 

so that makes him at least 300 years old. 

And well, he has a long full beard and it was as if I could see his magical power oozing from him. Though I just sensed it of course. 

"No need to make a scene, no one's hurt" Emin said in a calm manner. 

 

He raised his hand and waved to Hatori who walked over to the destruction, looking at it quite amazed at the results. He sort of looked like he had to take a moment to admire the work or something like that. 

Then he held out his hands. Hatori chanted out a word. The wall began to repair itself. 

 

Emin walked up to us. 

We were still on the ground eyeing each other 

"Do we get up?" I whispered. 

"I don't know" Yuna whispered back. 

He stopped beside us. 

 

He turned towards Linn. 

"Please could you show the students out of here Linn my dear." he then smiled waiting for her response. 

She nodded and curtsied.

"Of course sir" she started yelling as she started to lead all of the students that gathered and kept flooding in after the commotion out of the dome.

"Nothing here for you, nothing to see, move it or get detention! Now people!" 

 

He waited and looked at them exiting the dome.

Hatori had repaired all the destruction and just teleported away, and gave me a thumbs up and blinked just before he disappeared. 

 

When it was all cleared out Emin turned to me.

"Impressive display young lady. And Yuna, you edged her on to do this didn't you?" He was still calm and nice. 

"Yes sir, I asked her to do it" Yuna replied. 

Stood up and bowed to the man. 

"But, no, she didn't force me to do anything!" I stood up and yelled with a grumpy voice pouting with my face. 

"don't try to blame Yuna, she was just.. being nice…" I looked down as I realised I'd just yelled at a teacher. 

 

He just started laughing. 

We looked at each other. Yuna shrugged. 

I tilted my head to the left a bit, wondering if he'd snapped or if he were amused by us. 

 

"It'll be an honour to teach you young Nana. I've taught Yuna in enchanting for 6 years. 

You two are a good match." he said as he walked around us. 

"Every magician needs an on par enchanter to reach the absolute topp potential. 

And you seem to be a challenge for Yuna to adapt too, your level is scary for your age." He said and laughed.
“But that’s to be expected from the child of the famous Yukio!” he said as he chuckled.

I looked at him confused.

"can you tell my rank by looking at me?" I asked, sounding both confused and amazed, head tilted left and finger on my lip. 

"Yes, it's fairly easy when you know how. You're at about rank 17 or 19 in the different elements I see, I’m not that skilled at analyze but I can get an estimate. Now that doesn't mean you can bring all that power out without practice. I can't say if your different techniques match in rank. 

But your resources and elemental rank seem to have unlimited potential… which is.. rare.. Impossible.." he said as he stroked his beard.

He looked deep in thought as he said it. 

"But that's how it is" he said and smiled at me as he clapped his hands together. 

Now looking like there wasn't a care in the world. 

 

We both jumped, being surprised by the sudden hand clap out of nowhere. 

 

"anyway ill be teaching you on a daily basis the best I can to maximise your potential, together with Yuna whom I'll teach enchanting, we'll make you into the most powerful force this country's ever seen." He said, gesturing out with his hands. 

 

He looked a bit odd when he raised his hands to the sky chuckling and having that speech… 

 

He stood in front of me. Smiling. 

I just stood there confused. Me? Most powerful? 

I looked at Yuna, she just looked at me like she was in love or something. 

I smiled. 

I liked how she just made me feel comfortable and to just do something. 

I have a feeling I'll like her.

8