Chapter 18 – Sprout darkness, I mean wings
126 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 18 - Sprout darkness, I mean wings

(Evolution part 1/2)

I let go of his vision.. "Human?" I asked. 

He sat down.. "well, not just mortal then.." he'd groaned as I'd let go of his vision. Did that hurt him? 

"that power, it draws itself to you as your anger and hate grows.. It wants to be with you somehow…" 

I looked at my arm. It pulsated as I looked, like all the magic particles shifted as I looked quickly, making it look as if the arm extension itself was liquid for a moment. As if it confirmed that, yes, we want to be with you. 

We, the darkness magical power particles, confirmed my look which were a look that did ask if what Emin said was true. And it answered in a way it could answer.

It looked solid overall though, except that it sort of looked like every millimeter of the structure let a black ooze of it as if it were falling apart, forming a rain of ash flowing upwards and into circulation around me in a cloud, then back into it. 

Well, it's true. I feel it. Normally magical power being summoned like this in this insane amount would take immense mana from the caster, even I'd be drained by this amount of use considering how it's used.

A spell like, say drawing forth a bolt of magical power to strike an enemy with quickly. Like firebolt, or I guess darkbolt takes way less mana from the caster than drawing forth magic to enhance you for moment. I mean, it's only logical. 

One is just drawn out and *smack* done, fired away, purpose fulfilled quick and nice. 

While one is asking the magic to stay outside of its pool to accompany you. 

This would definitely not be possible without an affinity for the element for sure, but even then I should feel something. Some degree of drain. 

This isn't.. Possible.. 

I feel it as an extension of myself. 

There's even tons of excess soaring around me, waiting. Like it's ready for any command I'd issue or to replace any of the other built up extensions on me. 

Emins laugh snapped me out of my thoughts. 

He stopped though before going on. 

"Th..the..the form.. You've taken.. That's n…” He gathered himself before continuing. Taking a deep breath.

“I've only seen an elf pull it off before, but not near as good as you.." I looked at him as if he was crazy, which at this point kinda seems to be the case but.. He's always been odd, but right. Skilled. Good. He's never stated something that was wrong, and if he wasn't sure he said so. Emphasising the not being sure. 

He quickly followed up, slamming his hand in the ground. 

"And that was a dark elf!" he exclaimed a bit distraught almost. But then, a smile spread on the distraught face as he looked like he realised something while he stared down at his hands. 

"They said their queen herself.. Was the only one to rival demons at it…" he groaned. What? Demons? And what's with the groan? 

"Those born with a great affinity for the darkness's magical power.” He shook his head like he just couldn’t grasp it as he.. Sort of smiled? He's getting creepy. 

“You're doing it like… Just as good as.. As.. " he stuttered, there was fear in his voice. 

"What do you mean?" both of me said. Echoed out around him. He trembled a bit as my voices spread over the arena. 

"You've pulled off an enhancing form magic skill that only a full on demon, devil, angel or in short, a divine fucking being or someone blessed can pull off… Or the elven masters in magic…" He mumbled out, leaning down holding his palms over his eyes.

I brought in the orb (that I earlier had used to create a physical illusion.. So I guess it's more a magical clone.. Of myself,) took it out. 

My illusion disappeared and my vision got back to normal. 

I landed on the ground. 

The weight of the magical power that had attached to me pushed me down leaving imprints below my feet, well, footprints I guess. It didn’t feel as if it weighed anything though.. And i’m not that strong.. I felt some sort of extension hitting the ground instead of my feet but when I looked down there was just a cloud of ash dispersing.

 

My breathing was heavy. Kiwi, I heard her voice now, as if she cut through a static I didn’t realize was there. 

"Calm down Nana, darkness magic is merging with you at a heavy pace." she communicated. 

damn. 

I goto. 

Breathe. 

"sorry Kiwi" I thought..

Emin looked up. He looked confused, terrified and amazed at the same time. He kept gazing at me. 

My shape had become pretty gruesome or terrifying at the moment. 

My normal torso, face, legs, clothes.. 

But arms, demonic huge claws, reaching the ground where I stood.

Back, like a spiked armor. 

And hovering around my head still horned shards of something that looked like a helmet. 

All of me still oozed magical power that actually took physical shape. 

I had stopped burning in dark flames as I had tried to focus on kiwis words. 

But..

Was this his intention? Did he know I had this.. affinity? An affinity is the only explanation. Or maybe a blessing? I can't sense any drain on my mana whatsoever.. Though I do have insane mana reserves.. Might be a great affinity..

I pointed at Emin. Black flames lit up again on my arm. It shifted, as if scales turned in a different direction all over all of the extensions of dark magic. Let's call the whole thing my black armor. Or my Exo-Enhance skill.

"You.. Did you… Was this your intention?" I said. It still wasn't my own voice, it was an echo that sounded as it came from around us, like a dark echoing version of my voice with a just as loud light whispering version simultaneously.

"keep calming down, sit down Nana." kiwis voice.

I.. 

Fuck.. 

Damnit. 

"I had no idea it would unlock… This...in you.. “ He gestured towards me.

“As I said, only divine beings, blessed people or elfs have been observed taking on a similar form in battle or otherwise…” He explained again, a bit panicky. 

“Never any human.." he stuttered as he bowed to the ground.

"I just wanted to give you the upper hand, to wipe out these fanatics…” He was sniveling and hit the ground once with a firepowered punch, scorching the ground leaving a hardened mark. 

“I myself lost my family to that, lunatic country of theirs.. as they boarded a ship we took heading here.." he was crying now. 

"We wanted to join this amazing town where everyone was equal.." he mumbled as he punched the ground repeatedly with his fists, shattering the hardened marks left by each punch…It looked like he tore his skin, but it healed up. Blood flew anyhow as he kept punching. 

"Fuck you Debonajrak, you fucking horrible country." he mumbled as he hit. 

I lowered my hand. I suppose it seems truthful.. 

He stopped, looked up. Panting. I guess that took a bit out of him. 

"With this power, you can cast magic without aiming, you can use it in any other element as well. Just, use your mind to aim." now he smiled again, it was a creepy sight with the tears along his cheeks. But that's a good point, I always pointed and aimed somehow. 

"Darkness is one of the more powerful elements of the mind up there with shadow." he sobbed forth. 

"in this state.. Just fly up and locate the sanctum with locate magic.. but use the darkness magic that's built up around you.. “ He looked up, all teary. I guess that makes sense.. I got truly terrifying amounts of magical power just, floating around me. And it would be terrifying amounts even without my black armor. 

“Then just fly in and nuke those bastards.." he yelled, sat up and looked up at me. 

He looked quite harmless in this state.. I guess he just wanted to give me my best chances to combat this threat.. 

I felt the power surge through me.. 

I let it.. 

More accumulated around me.. 

The Ash started to gather around me, like a barrier, circulating around me. 

My eyes glowed brighter.. 

The spikes on my back grew out more, the spikes on my elbows grew longer and my arm extensions grew larger. If I'd wanted to straighten my arm down the claws would go underground.. 

The shards that hovered around my head attached together, merged around my head into a helmet with spikes. 

All pitch black with a sort of purple tone in it.

And the black flames grew, and started glowing more, somehow. I had no idea black could glow this much. I guess it's a magic darkness fire though. 

I levitated up slowly. Some dirt fell of my feet and claws as I rose. 

"I will exterminate that sanctum of theirs…" I said as I looked at my hand, closing it tight. 

Hovering towards the edge of the arena as I kept talking. 

"If This can help me do that… No one else has to get hurt…" I said and stopped. 

I kept staring, my hand, now covered in dark magical power that was formed like an extended arm with huge claws on me. It frightened me a bit. 

"Sorry Kiwi, I'll calm down later.." I mumbled as I drew up more energy from the dark magical pool. The magic surged up from the ground like a water-canon towards me and disappeared into me.

I sprouted out wings from my back, which looked like angel wings sort of.. in black with black and purple feathers. 

I made them with pure magical power from the ash that oozed off me, a cloud of ash sprouted out my back forming them. They were huge. Well, huge enough they'd look like they'd carry me easy with all the weight. Even though it didn't weigh anything. 

I took off, leaving a crater behind me and creating a shockwave on the ground as I flew up above the town at high speed. 

Emin was thrown back into a tree in the arena by the shockwave, the tree fell though as it was hit. The nearby wall crumbled too. 

He started laughing… 

"amazing.. That power…" he said and looked up into the sky. 

"as promised, she did not disappoint.." he mumbled with a smile. 

Then closed his eyes and fell unconscious. 

The footprints I'd left looked like a monster of sorts had walked around. 

5